Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

The server is incorrectly counting requests with Range headers (which result in HTTP 206 responses). The stats will be regenerated after that's fixed. Consider them phantom hits for now.

Any luck with fixing that/regenerating the stats? Released an update for Kerbal Construction Time on the 17th and it says it has about 14 thousand downloads on the 18th, which I am thinking is probably not the actual case since it was only about a thousand total before and the number of followers isn't substantially higher that day.

Funny: i was thinking this lately: i know the web archive website, i wonder if they have the original spaceport archived, so i typed in the address and guess what?

They have it archived!!

Here's a summary of the website's archive dates:http://web.archive.org/web/20130301000000*/http://kerbalspaceprogram.com.

and to prove it's not fake, here's a link to one of the pages that is archived:http://web.archive.org/web/20130606174724/http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Of course it doesn't have it all archived, but it shurely brings back memories.

Edited by MK3424

Any luck with fixing that/regenerating the stats? Released an update for Kerbal Construction Time on the 17th and it says it has about 14 thousand downloads on the 18th, which I am thinking is probably not the actual case since it was only about a thousand total before and the number of followers isn't substantially higher that day.

I'd like to know as well, I've just been hit by this bug. Jumped from 100ish a day to 9200, with 1000 of those in just the last hour. There's no additional followers or downloads from my alternative hosting today than normal and it's a bit annoying to see the graph basically be unusable since the real data is barely even visible now. Not to mention the "Most Popular" ranking can't be accurate if mods are having huge jumps in phantom downloads.

Edited by hoojiwana

I noticed something recently on KS, but I'm not sure if it's Imgur's doing, or KerbalStuff's embedding of it. The Imgur albums that are embedded, are now filling the frame with the images, and cutting out the bottom of the images if they're taller than the window permits. Since my screenshots are mostly 4:3, and the imgur embedding is very wide, you can't see the center of the image for most of the screenshots.

It appears to be doing this regardless of which browser I try.

For a really good example, you can look at Joolian Discovery.

I noticed something recently on KS, but I'm not sure if it's Imgur's doing, or KerbalStuff's embedding of it. The Imgur albums that are embedded, are now filling the frame with the images, and cutting out the bottom of the images if they're taller than the window permits. Since my screenshots are mostly 4:3, and the imgur embedding is very wide, you can't see the center of the image for most of the screenshots.

It appears to be doing this regardless of which browser I try.

For a really good example, you can look at Joolian Discovery.

This is a problem with Imgur (and I can't reproduce it). Report it to them.

Instead of cluttering my inbox, could we get a simple popup when mods we have followed have updated. Or ability to turn the email-notification off at least.

Following a mod is opt-in. If you don't want it, then don't follow the mods. That's the entire purpose of followiong mods.

Following on to that thought though, it would be nice to see a sorted list of Last-Updated mods (like the Newest list, but by updated time instead)

Optionally there could be a filter checkbox "Show only mods I follow" (which would work on the Top list as well)

It would be prone to abuse I suppose, but it'd be pretty obvious in the version history, so moderation can handle it I think

Following on to that thought though, it would be nice to see a sorted list of Last-Updated mods (like the Newest list, but by updated time instead)

Optionally there could be a filter checkbox "Show only mods I follow" (which would work on the Top list as well)

It would be prone to abuse I suppose, but it'd be pretty obvious in the version history, so moderation can handle it I think

A "most updated" page the most requested feature right now. I will happily merge a pull request for it, otherwise it'll wait until I can get time for it.

After being asked for it almost two dozen times, I added the ability to browse mods by "recently updated".

So nagging the devs to death really does work after all :P

Thank you!

@SirCmpWn: does the stats really accurate ?

I really suspect something/someone doing foolish stuff with data.

Example, my AMEG mod got 10141 downloads in oct 28 ! Just because it was on featured mod ? Seriously I doubt that, my other mods are there, not featured and got a lot less downloads, which by the way I don't give a sheet of paper :).

May you could an experiment by putting a fake mod in the list, with a random KSP screenshot, some dummy texts like 'this is a test, don't download and don't follow", and an archive with just "you're download the wrong file, game over" text in it :).

And see what's happen, I bet we'll see thousands of downloads magically !

You can remove my AMEG mod from the list for this experiment if you wish.

• 4 weeks later...