Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

Somebody needs to make a read-only mirror of the Kerbal Stuff database. Just for redundancy, you know?

Or everyone could just calm down and wait patiently for a fix. I'm a busy person and it's only been two days that it's been unstable.

I have fixed the issues that were causing the downtime, and also spent some time making the site perform better in general. It should feel snappier now, and no more 502s (famous last words, right).

I also spent some time today making the home page a bit more personalized if you're logged in. Check it out!

Lastly, we only have 18 mods to go before Kerbal Stuff overtakes Curse as the modding site with the largest mod catalog. Upload that mod you've been meaning to upload, or tell the modders who are slacking off to get on top of it. Let's get the numbers to be the best mod hosting site out there!

I want to thank SirCmpwn for hosting KerbalStuff (long may it stream!) :D

I have noticed that I am getting server not responding errors while attempting to connect to the site. No worries if you know about it - I just wanted to make sure that if for some reason you don't have alarms on whatever downed the site you found out about it.

damn, down again...bandwidth issues? everyone playing with ckan too much?

I've swapped CKAN to use a mirror now to avoid this as suggested in the CKAN thread. Doesn't get hammered as much it seems.

Just came in here to post that Kerbal Stuff is down, but just as I do it comes back up again! :P

I was getting quite cross with my internet connection, which can be flakey anyway, untill I realised it was only CKAN which couldn't connect, then as I was downloading the latest version in case that would help I clicked a link from r/ksp to Ferrams better boyancy mod on kerbal stuff and when that page wouldn't load I had a lightbulb moment... :P

Edited by DaveMcC

Switched hosting providers and still feeling out what's best in terms of capability. It'll be rocky until I finalize the details. In fact, it'll be rocky for about 45 minutes right now as I bump the plan on the linode to the next best. I believe that'll be sufficient to handle the current load.

- - - Updated - - -

And it's back, and with upgraded capacity.

Yeah it was quite responsive earlier, now it loads slowly. First time I tried a download it timed out and booted me to the home page, 2nd time is started right away, was downloading at about my top speed, but died after 58 of ~80mb

Looking to mirror some of my mods on Kerbal Stuff (see this post), but the registration system has eaten the confirmation email that's supposed to go out for my account (account name is nightingale). I've tried resetting the password (the email for which comes through fine), but that still doesn't give me access). I've tried emailing the official support email - but I've gotten no response there in over 24 hours. Can someone help me with this?