Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

Yeah, all day I've been trying to access KopernicusTech planet packs but the links all failed. I even typed in [Moderator removed defunct website] and it didn't work! :(

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

• 2 weeks later...

I have deployed some changes to the Kerbal Stuff SSL configuration. Windows XP support is now strongly deprecated and you'll start to have problems connecting to Kerbal Stuff with it. The workaround is to install an operating system that is not 13 years old.

How do I change my password on Kerbalstuff? I can't find the option anywhere.

https://kerbalstuff.com/forgot-password

In the future email [email protected] for a faster response.

A little issue: ckan pull request is sent even checkbox has been unchecked (is it possible it is re-check against our will and behind our back every time with choose to edit our stuff ?), and most of them fail for some reason (license it seems).

KerbalStuff seems to have intermittent downtime again. Works fine for me in the browser, but downloading mods through CKAN results in downloads timing out.

If I try to access the same URLs through wget or my browser (Firefox) there seems to be no problem. Both CKAN and browser are connecting through SSL.

Just goes to show the difference between peoples personal preferences...

I prefer KerbalStuff over Curse, and am very happy to see its surpassed Curse in number of mods...

However, I also like choices, and like it when people host mods on 2 or more places...That way when one is down, you can still get what you need...

And as far as Github goes, I HATE when mods are ONLY hosted there...For some reason my router completely blocks the Github domain, and I have not been able to figure out why...So any mods that are only hosted on Github, i have to pass on... :(

Thats also why i cant try CKAN... :(

KerbalStuff seems to have intermittent downtime again. Works fine for me in the browser, but downloading mods through CKAN results in downloads timing out.

If I try to access the same URLs through wget or my browser (Firefox) there seems to be no problem. Both CKAN and browser are connecting through SSL.

CKAN has issues with securely connecting to Kerbal Stuff. They are working on it - it's a bug on CKAN's side.

I sent a pm earlier (week+ ago) via KerbalStuff, but got no response.

I'm trying to add the CKAN icon to my mod's title in KerbalStuff, and don't know how. Can you assist? I'm listed in CKAN, and have been on KerbalStuff since very near the release, so I suspect CKAN detection / configuration was added after I set up my mod.

Link: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/261/Ship%20Manifest

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!

I sent a pm earlier (week+ ago) via KerbalStuff, but got no response.

I'm trying to add the CKAN icon to my mod's title in KerbalStuff, and don't know how. Can you assist? I'm listed in CKAN, and have been on KerbalStuff since very near the release, so I suspect CKAN detection / configuration was added after I set up my mod.

Link: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/261/Ship%20Manifest

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!

Done.

• 3 weeks later...

9,000 registered users! And we're coming up on 600 mods, too (Curse has 438 mods at the moment, Kerbal Stuff 573).

Some other interesting info: 58,000 unique visitors in the past month, and 811,000 page views.

I love KerbalStuff! Thanks for your efforts!

I especially like the "Recently Updated Mods" list. It lets me look for updates as well as discover new mods.

Curiously, I have not been able to find a button to "Follow" a mod in quite a while. Was this feature removed?

9,000 registered users! And we're coming up on 600 mods, too (Curse has 438 mods at the moment, Kerbal Stuff 573).

Some other interesting info: 58,000 unique visitors in the past month, and 811,000 page views.

Hmmm...Going by URLs, there's https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/653

Either way, thats AWESOME!... I for one like KerbalStuff much better than Curse...Though it seems to mostly be the better (to me), interface of KS, rather than any functional issues with Curse...

I love KerbalStuff! Thanks for your efforts!

I especially like the "Recently Updated Mods" list. It lets me look for updates as well as discover new mods.

Curiously, I have not been able to find a button to "Follow" a mod in quite a while. Was this feature removed?

Nope, it's still there. Are you logged in?

Hmmm...Going by URLs, there's https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/653

The IDs aren't reused when a mod is deleted.

Side note, I added 1.0 as a valid mod version, so update away.

Nope, it's still there. Are you logged in?

Oops, My fault. It appears that a content filter was blocking the button. I've whitelisted KerbalStuff. I'd apologize for blocking your ads, but you don't have any. :)

Thanks for all you do!