Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

Renaming is intentionally made difficult, as it's almost always a negative thing. Your URLs change and old ones don't make sense, people who are searching for it are suddenly confused, etc. Contact [Moderator removed defunct website] to plead your case. I'll happily do things like removing "Beta" from a mod title, but changing the whole name is less likely.

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

Any chance of making the URLs work with just the mod's number? That would at least make the URL side of that workable.

They already do.

Your URLs change and old ones don't make sense, people who are searching for it are suddenly confused, etc.

I've already renamed my addon everywhere else (and internally, with the folder name and such), so my users (all eight of them, according to KS stats) will be more confused unless KS allows renaming. (I've seen other mods that have changed names everywhere else as well -- to harmonize with other mods in a system, fix misspellings, you name it.)

I've already renamed my addon everywhere else (and internally, with the folder name and such), so my users (all eight of them, according to KS stats) will be more confused unless KS allows renaming. (I've seen other mods that have changed names everywhere else as well -- to harmonize with other mods in a system, fix misspellings, you name it.)

Agree. I've one mod that I need to rename but instead have to delete it and then re-post it. Except deleting mods isn't working either :)

About 6 hours ago i received 12 update e-mails within 8 minutes, was there any reason for that or did the e-mail server just pushed everything at once?

Hi there,

Any chance you can make the CKAN icon appear on my mod?

I've been trying to get my KerbalStuff-hosted mod onto CKAN recently. The option to do this via the kerbalstuff GUI wasn't available. Like Papa_Joe mentioned earlier, I suspect the problems I encountered were due to the fact that I was an early adopter, so the CKAN functionality wasn't available back then.

Ultimately, I submitted a netkan file pull request and had it successfully listed.

Any chance of my wee little badge?

Congrats on your one-year anniversary as well. I dread to think where we'd be without KS.

Hi

I've let (unfortunately) the ckan field checked for my first kerbalstuff mod.

The pull request has been fortunately / naturally refused

(https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/934)

Can I/you remove my ckan tag? (didn't find any tool for that)

Thanks.

And congrats on your one-year anniversary !

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Was the "Follow" function removed? It's not appearing on mod pages on kerbalstuff for me. I see Unfollow on the mods I already followed.

I logged into your account and I was able to follow mods without any issues.

• 4 weeks later...
Need to renew the Kerbal Stuff SSL certificate, which costs $$$, if anyone would like to help out feel free to send some over to [email protected] via Paypal. Since I work at Linode now, the day to day hosting costs are $0, but the cert still costs some money.

That's awesome! (the Linode part). I've been a customer since the early days, when it was a one-man show.

I can throw a little your way. I don't know how much the certs cost these days (I use self-signed on my end).

That's awesome! (the Linode part). I've been a customer since the early days, when it was a one-man show.

I can throw a little your way. I don't know how much the certs cost these days (I use self-signed on my end).

We're looking at $50 as the minimum, but with enough donations I'll get a wildcard cert (which will let me use several secure subdomains without paying more) which will cost $200.