Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

Is the "downtime" / maintenance still ongoing? Getting download speeds of about 50-60 kb/s ... 20min for 95MB, while downloading 50-60MB addons from Curse or Dropbox finishes in seconds ... ?! :(

Edit: Nevermind. Everything back to normal.

Edited by nuclearping

Nice!... I prefer KS over Curse...

I upgraded the server today to a beefier size today as well.

Now, is that why the site is presently down?... :) ... lol

EDIT: Nevermind...Just checked again, and I see she's back... :D

Move along, people...Nothing to see here...Move along.... :D

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...

I would like the ability to sort mods by what version of ksp the newest updates is for. i.e. I could type in 1.0.5 in the search bar and only see mods that work with 1.0.5

EDIT: oops didn't look hard enough.

Edited by ThaZeus
stupidity

• 2 weeks later...
Hello to all. I am having the connection / download problem with KerbalStuff regarding security. I have read all ( i think all ) posts and have tried doing all various options, tips and tricks. Still unable to connect. My laptop connects just fine, but my gaming kit will not. I have double checked that chrome and IE are identical and both are using exact same bitdefender version and updates. What certificate should i look for in the working version of chrome and then export and import to my game machine. this has been hit or miss in the past but for some reason i have not been able to connect to kerbalstuff for many weeks now.

Thanks for any help.

So in light of recent events and the senseless damage it's done to the modding community wiping out the mod development links compilation thread, cleaning out people's subscriptions (mostly to the addon sub forums), and breaking links...

What are the odds of KerbalStuff sprouting its own forum as a community alternative?

I've been having sever speed issues with KerbalStuff recently. I can't seem to get better than 40 kb/s on a download, which feels extremely slow. Most other webpages are loading at 2+ MB/s, so I don't think it's my connection.

1 hour ago, DuoDex said:

I've been having sever speed issues with KerbalStuff recently. I can't seem to get better than 40 kb/s on a download, which feels extremely slow. Most other webpages are loading at 2+ MB/s, so I don't think it's my connection.

I have been experiencing the same thing.  I think they're getting more traffic than the server can handle, or they need more bandwidth.

I don't really have much interest in investing more time in Kerbal Stuff to improve things like performance. It's clear that Squad doesn't give a poop. KS has almost twice as many mods as Curse does, but Squad still supports Curse instead. No one ever shows any interest whenever I've spent time on improving Kerbal Stuff. At this point, who cares? I guess I'll upgrade the server to a better one when I have time, and I'll turn CloudFlare back on (which causes problems for modders with big zip files). Otherwise I don't really care, and neither does Squad. Doesn't matter how much better Kerbal Stuff is than Curse, Squad will never ditch Curse and KS will always rely on word of mouth to grow. Not worth wasting more of my time on, it's a mature product and no one cares if I spend time improving it.

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Language, please.

Awww...Say it aint so!!... :(

KS ROCKS!!... Yeah its too bad Squad got in with Curse...Curse has a few features that I like, but otherwise: Nahhh...
I keep a spreadsheet of between 500-600 mods, with forum links, then KS links, then direct links, then Curse links last... I only use Curse when a mod can absolutely NOT be gotten elsewhere...i always go to KS first...

With Curse recently changing THEIR URL protocol, it completely screwed up my spreadsheet...Then with the recent forum changes messing the links as well, and now if KS starts to go by the wayside, I know I'LL be hurting...It also doesnt help that for some reason my router blocks ANY and ALL Github addresses, which means even IF I did want to use that CKAN thing, I cant... :(

Edited by Stone Blue

On 12/3/2015, 8:14:17, SirCmpwn said:

I don't really have much interest in investing more time in Kerbal Stuff to improve things like performance. It's clear that Squad doesn't give a poop. KS has almost twice as many mods as Curse does, but Squad still supports Curse instead. No one ever shows any interest whenever I've spent time on improving Kerbal Stuff. At this point, who cares? I guess I'll upgrade the server to a better one when I have time, and I'll turn CloudFlare back on (which causes problems for modders with big zip files). Otherwise I don't really care, and neither does Squad. Doesn't matter how much better Kerbal Stuff is than Curse, Squad will never ditch Curse and KS will always rely on word of mouth to grow. Not worth wasting more of my time on, it's a mature product and no one cares if I spend time improving it.

Sorry about that, and thank you for the help you provided me on IRC just now.

I think that too many people (me included :/) often take Kerbal Stuff for granted, and should be more thankful for it, as well as for CKAN (70% of CKAN packages are Kerbal Stuff based).

The issue with Curse is that Squads probably have a contract with them, with money involved.

KS appears as the third result when I google "ksp mods", I don't think it relies THAT much on word of mouth.

Anyway, a BIG THANK YOU for Kerbal Stuff, I really hope that things will change for the better.

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Fixed quote

On 12/3/2015, 8:14:17, SirCmpwn said:

...It's clear that Squad doesn't give a poop.

Why yes, yes it is.

KerbalStuff is superior to Curse in every way, but it's becoming increasingly clear to me that technical merit has next-to-nothing to do with Squad-land decisions. :mad:
Ditching Curse for KS should have been a no-brainer, for a wide variety of reasons, yet it seems there's a dumb bureaucrat  somewhere that doesn't agree - I'd love to see a rational argument for this seemingly irrational decision.

I'm no web dev, but if there's anything I can do to help keep KS running well, pipe up.

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Fixed quote.

Just now, steve_v said:

Why yes, yes it is.

KerbalStuff is superior to Curse in every way, but it's becoming increasingly clear to me that technical merit has next-to-nothing to do with Squad-land decisions. :mad:
Ditching Curse for KS should have been a no-brainer, for a wide variety of reasons, yet it seems there's a dumb bureaucrat  somewhere that doesn't agree - I'd love to see a rational argument for this seemingly irrational decision.

I'm no web dev, but if there's anything I can do to help keep KS running well, pipe up.

Agreed.  I will help the cause.  Just made a 'petition' on the forum with this thread on it.