Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

5 hours ago, azander said:

I too prefer KS over Curse.  When looking for a mod  I start at KS, then CKAN, then, reluctantly I check curse.

KS is easy to use, very quick to load, and the search is so much better.

The majority of mods that are just on Curse I won't download.

20 hours ago, CliftonM said:

The majority of mods that are just on Curse I won't download.

Agreed, Curse annoys me enough that I operate on: Only download is on Curse? Oh well, no download for me.

Fortunately KerbalStuff has way more content anyway.

43 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Agreed, Curse annoys me enough that I operate on: Only download is on Curse? Oh well, no download for me.

Fortunately KerbalStuff has way more content anyway.

I think the unfortunate part is it's starting to go the way of what it's replacing.  Speeds are becoming slow, and it seems they've stopped caring about the community.  If we could just donate to give it better specs.

12 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

If we could just donate to give it better specs.

I'd sure be willing to chip-in for a server/hosting upgrade, if that's what's needed.

6 minutes ago, steve_v said:

I'd sure be willing to chip-in for a server/hosting upgrade, if that's what's needed.

I would, too, but until then, I'm using GitHub for the main download.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello. My mod (Vaporo's Blue Galaxy Skybox) has the CKAN tag enabled. However, the CKAN version doesn't actually exist right now. I would like to remove the CKAN tag, but could not find any tool to do so on either the Update mod or Edit mod pages. Could someone tell me how to remove it?

Seems to be not so much DOWN, as just constipated a little... :)

I've been accessing it a TON, at all hours, over the past week, to update a HUGE spreadsheet of mods I have... (I'm probably a small part of the problem... :cool: )

I get 504's maybe half the time, the rest of the time it loads, just real slow... I'd guess its mostly a "traffic" issue, and growing pains... I just hope SirCmpwn can keep it going...

Squad should man up and support Kerbalstuff as they are the reason it was created, by either donating funds or providing some hosting for it if they hadnt backdoored everyone on the curse debacle perhaps we the community may have come up with amiable arangemant

Edited by Virtualgenius

Hmmm... Maybe if CKAN support was dropped, and CKAN traffic blocked, until something could be figured out, then the rest of us could get on with no issues... ???

(Gawd...Just ANOTHER reason I despise CKAN... lol)

Edited by Stone Blue