Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

I've re-enabled email notifications, and fixed the problem that prevented them from sending for mods with a large number of followers.

I also added a hugely requested feature: the ability to search by game version. Or rather, I've extended search overall with a special syntax.

http://a.pomf.se/tuchyu.png

Enjoy the new features, and call your mother!

how to make account for kerbalstuff

Okay, getting people messaging and emailing me upset because Kerbal Stuff doesn't accept craft files. Discuss.

Craft files belong on KerbalX (which is also much more suited for the task).

Okay, getting people messaging and emailing me upset because Kerbal Stuff doesn't accept craft files. Discuss.

As in... people who have craft files packaged as examples of how you can use their part mod?

Or people who solely want to upload their latest fail rocket?

The latter can, as Ippo says, use KerbalX.

The former is acceptable, providing it doesn't open up an avenue for the latter.

Craft files belong on KerbalX (which is also much more suited for the task).

Yup. Also noted there's been quite a few craft files and packs being posted to KerbalStuff lately. Started feeling like the old Spaceport.

Don't private message people that .craft files are not allowed. Just put a big sign that says, "Upload your .craft files to KerbalX, not here!"

(Although I really do think that KerbalX should merge with Kerbal Stuff.)

Don't private message people that .craft files are not allowed. Just put a big sign that says, "Upload your .craft files to KerbalX, not here!"

(Although I really do think that KerbalX should merge with Kerbal Stuff.)

There are guidelines on the create mod page that some people just don't seem to read. I will put up a big red sign, though.

Actually, I just had an idea. Is it possible to detect .craft files inside the zip file after upload and interrupt the submission process with a warning/dialog?

My latest contract pack has a .craft file in it, since there's a contract that needs to spawn it. So that wouldn't really work. Not to mention lots of parts packs include examples.

It would be possible to detect that, but I'd rather not put in the effort. First time offenders will have their listings removed and a warning issued, and repeat offenders will be banned.

Actually, I just had an idea. Is it possible to detect .craft files inside the zip file after upload and interrupt the submission process with a warning/dialog?

yeah because no parts packs have craft files in them right? That is a horrible idea.

My latest contract pack has a .craft file in it, since there's a contract that needs to spawn it. So that wouldn't really work. Not to mention lots of parts packs include examples.

You would still be able to say "yes" and continue the submission but it would just set aside the warning for only the people who need to read it.

It would be possible to detect that, but I'd rather not put in the effort. First time offenders will have their listings removed and a warning issued, and repeat offenders will be banned.

A permaban on the second attempt sounds like you have a personal grudge against the masses.

You would still be able to say "yes" and continue the submission but it would just set aside the warning for only the people who need to read it.

except nobody is going to read the warning because nobody reads anything ever. It is still a bad idea and a huge waste of time for SirCmpwn who is going to have to end up manually removing the mods the same as now after spending the time programming this feature which isn't going to work anyway.

Kerbal Stuff now has more mods than Curse! Woooooooo! Thanks a lot for supporting my efforts, guys.

By far, the bulk of my downloads are occurring on Kerbalstuff vs Curse. it is better than 15 : 1 by my calculations... Now I don't know the validity of the download numbers (on either site), but this is what I'm observing.

Well done sir.

except nobody is going to read the warning because nobody reads anything ever. It is still a bad idea and a huge waste of time for SirCmpwn who is going to have to end up manually removing the mods the same as now after spending the time programming this feature which isn't going to work anyway.

I read stuff. You just read my post. Try a timer.

I read stuff. You just read my post. Try a timer.

How about you either program the feature yourself or drop the discussion, he already made it clear he won't waste time adding it.

BTW people don't read things, the number of whining babies in the mod threads is evidence enough of this when the answers to their questions are always in the OP or readme but they can't be bothered to spend 5 seconds looking.

Alright, I won't do it and now I have a discussion to link people to when they complain.

On another note, does anyone want custom CSS for mod listings?

That sounds interesting. Depending on what you expose, developers could create a very unique mod "ad"

Also, I'd like to see an icon (maybe a question Mark?) for a Wiki entry in the header, below the Website icon / link. I think if a mod has a wiki it should be prominent. that would put the downlload total and the followers total on the same row... (I like symmetry).

That sounds interesting. Depending on what you expose, developers could create a very unique mod "ad"

Also, I'd like to see an icon (maybe a question Mark?) for a Wiki entry in the header, below the Website icon / link. I think if a mod has a wiki it should be prominent. that would put the downlload total and the followers total on the same row... (I like symmetry).

Not enough mods have wikis to justify adding that UI.