Steam In-Home Streaming - Can't control camera with mouse.

I can confirm. Looking at the link you posted, I'm pretty sure it's a universal issue. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, because I was excited to use streaming with KSP.

One more thing, when using the right mouse button at KSC, the mouse teleports to the middle of the screen.

Description:​ When playing KSP on a remote machine with Steam In-Home Streaming, the right mouse button will not rotate the camera during a mission or while interacting with the orbital map.

How to reproduce:

*Launch game on remote computer using IHS

*Start a new mission or select one in progress

*Attempt to control camera using the right mouse button

Notes:

*Right-clicking to select modules still works correctly, however you cannot right click to set maneuvers in the orbital map.

*Right-clicking to rotate the camera works fine in the space center overview, but this is the only situation in which it works.

*Have tested right mouse button functionality in several other games using IHS with no problems, have also tried three different mice.

• 4 weeks later...

Notes:

*Right-clicking to select modules still works correctly, however you cannot right click to set maneuvers in the orbital map.

i take this as an reference

set an maneuver node works with me with LMB on the client, i am not really sure anymore that there was an issue from the beginning on.. (set maneuver didnt work), because i also was thinking i expierenced the same issue, but after i launch a new craft from the client it works for the launched craft (with LMB) and after a restart it works also for other else craft(s) which has an node already or either not

and by now, i am not sure it was the RMB or LMB to set node on my host :P

dont know the real circumstances what i did and how it effect my host nor client

but the camera issue still persist

the initial however you cannot right click to set maneuvers in the orbital map issue, i had it sometime which can be solved with quicksave and quickload, the issue influenced also the use of modules like science temp2hot/goo/lab

Edited by diggzakk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any news about this? :( KSP would be the perfect game to stream. In my case I usually play on windows computer a big TV, however the fonts are too small for me to read from a distance, and my OSX client pc is much less powerful. Having this finally fixed would be awesome, though I understand it's probably not at the top of the priority list.

Thanks

I heard Valve was working on this, KSP does things with layers a little differently than most Unity games which means some mouse events aren't captured.

Can anyone test this in the latest version of Steam in house streaming to see if it's fixed?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think this is a Steam thing as The problem also exhibits itself with ANY remote connections. I've tried VNC, RDP, Teamviewer and Screenconnect...Any remote connection to KSP cause the same no right mouse drag movement bug. It's got to be a unity thing...please please get this fixed as I have to play from a server now with beefed up ram because of the size of the default load with .25.

Still no right-click dragging for me. I also suspect it is a Unity thing but I am sure KSP could work around it. Unfortunately a small minority of users play with In Home Streaming so it is unlikely this is on KSP's radar.

For now, I use arrow keys to move the camera. A little annoying but being able to play KSP on the couch without my laptop even getting warm is pure bliss.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe this issue is related to another one: The invisible mouse pointer problem. In trying to play KSP via in-home streaming, I discovered that if the host computer does not have a mouse connected, then you will not be able to see a mouse pointer when streaming a game (Win 8.1 host). However, the right-click-drag mechanic DOES work, even in KSP. I connected a garbage mouse to the host PC to fix the invisible pointer (which worked), but then I lost the ability to move the camera with the right-click-drag motion. As it is, I can drag the camera with the mouse or see my mouse pointer, but not both.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe this issue is related to another one: The invisible mouse pointer problem. In trying to play KSP via in-home streaming, I discovered that if the host computer does not have a mouse connected, then you will not be able to see a mouse pointer when streaming a game (Win 8.1 host). However, the right-click-drag mechanic DOES work, even in KSP. I connected a garbage mouse to the host PC to fix the invisible pointer (which worked), but then I lost the ability to move the camera with the right-click-drag motion. As it is, I can drag the camera with the mouse or see my mouse pointer, but not both.

That's a strange connection. Any updates on this bug from devs?

Hello,

Since the upgrade to 0.90.0 the camera zoom and rotation dose'nt work anymore so since the 15th of december in the 32 bit version tryed 2 keyboards and 2 mice.Then loaded the 64bit version it works but you start a new game every building is already upgraded and you cant develop science more than the third tier, weird! ive tryed Reinstalling the game, mouse and keyboard drivers,then tought of trying the 64bit version...lol!

Got an ASUS N53S running win7 64bit!

Any fix for that problem cause I miss building ships!

thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd share my solution for the time...I'm using AFBW addon to use my xbox controller for camera movements and replacing my mouse...it works great actually and I'm ok till they figure this out...maybe this helps someone else.

Just thought I'd share my solution for the time...I'm using AFBW addon to use my xbox controller for camera movements and replacing my mouse...it works great actually and I'm ok till they figure this out...maybe this helps someone else.

Thanks for sharing this workaround! :-) But how do you construct new ships? If I'm right, one has to use the xbox controller and the mouse simultaneously. That's a bit inconvenient. :-(

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I thought this had been fixed, Valve were looking into why their streaming service was failing to pass the mouse with some games.

Possibly unrelated, but Synergy also fails to pass mouse controls properly with some Unity games.

There may be a workaround,please check the FAQ for the Steam IHS.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.