Walk-able iva mod need 3d help

11Bravo

6nzcc7.jpg

EKO MOD THREAD

COMING SOON: WALK-ABLE IVA (NEED 3D MODELERS)

WALK-ABLE IVA (WIVA) will allow kerbals to walk around (or float) while in certain modules in IVA view.

Development Status: NEED MODELS to complete mod.

TERRAFORMING: Will allow kerbals to terraform a planet, in other words, make it livable.

Development Status: 40% Complete give or take.

Edited by 11Bravo

I am absolutely intressed in this. If you can explain to us, me or maybe others can make some models for you. :)

Well, I can explain what I need which are models of the internal IVAs. I cant really give away what Im doing at least till Im done. Someone with more time than me will steal my idea (not that I care) but I have worked so hard on this already I would hate for my time not sleeping to be wasted. I am working on a way to build another building called the IAB to build custom interiors, I will need parts like that as well

I might as well explain it. What happens when you IVA with this mod will be like entering the atmosphere of a really small planet. Instead of mountains and water etc. It will be a model of the interior. I cannot really explain it without writing a novel on it lol.

So you've used the freedom of planetary EVA with some models on top to fake freedom in IVA? Genius.

How far do you think you can take this? If it's possible, could you look into setting up standards for hatches between parts and connecting multiple interior models? In other words, if two parts connect on one node and both of those parts have the same "hatch type" at the node, the hatch doors are removed from both interiors and you can travel between them. It would basically be the full 3D version of the Connected Living Space API. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, but I have no idea what you have set up. If you managed to do this though, that would make this mod the king of all mods.

There was a mod about a year ago that had code in it to allow you to animate the stock Kerbals.

I can't remember the name, but would that help with any of the interior animations?

Well, as far as doing specific jobs like standing next to a machine doing science experiments etc.

Maybe someone else can reminder the mod.

There was a mod about a year ago that had code in it to allow you to animate the stock Kerbals.

I can't remember the name, but would that help with any of the interior animations?

Well, as far as doing specific jobs like standing next to a machine doing science experiments etc.

Maybe someone else can reminder the mod.

I presume you mean these?:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/50916-WIP-Animated-Workshop

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56952-WIP-Animated-EVA-ScienceRack

• 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.