[0.90] ON HOLD Klockheed Martian Special Parts V2.2 - 28-Nov - Dev Thread

This is so sient these days. Is anyone still using it? I try to assess if it is worth to continue with this pack or if I should rather call it complete and move it to releases.

No! Definitely continue working on it, I absolutely love this mod, and am constantly using it, however I don't quite think it has enough content to say its released!

I built a rocket with a storage shroud and it was wobbly as hell when launching. Is this a node size issue or does it just need struts?

fact of KSP: a light weight part between two heavy parts will induce wobble thats why docking ports bend so much not because its coded like that but because you are joining two big pieces with two little pieces. where is the shroud on your rocket?

between a fuel tank and a 6S storage bay, which is then connected to another fuel tank.

how big are the fuel tanks? cause that sounds like recipe for wobble no matter the mod.

yea? Like what else then?

ways to wet workshop tanks that predate unlocking in the tech tree? wet workshop IVA? wet workshoping into complex parts like a asteroid cities refinery, a mobile processing lab, or spawn a docking port? really anything that finally makes a complete spent upper stage recycling solution.

Edited by passinglurker

This is so sient these days. Is anyone still using it? I try to assess if it is worth to continue with this pack or if I should rather call it complete and move it to releases.

I do use this pack. With the exception of the wet workshops(no way to extract crew, no CLS support..) its worth it.

I'm trying to make my own wet workshop Skylab but for some reason the door refuses to create living space once the empty space drops to 120, from 640 (which I'm assuming is taken from the total capacity for Liquid Fuel of the tank I'm using). There's a full tank of supplies, as well as supplies in the door... Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Just wanted to say great mod! and offer my feedback.

Buggy:

The Skylab seems to have a lot of peculiar aspects; tiny nodes, doesnt function like a lab for cleaning experiments, spontaneous combustion, to name a few.

Awesome:

Most everything else! I think this mod is on my essentials list now.

Wishlist:

I think the only other parts to add might be Skylab variants, or perhaps a revival of the Orion mod (nuclear explosives driven propulsion, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_(nuclear_propulsion) ).

All I can say is well done!

I use it constantly! But now something's gone screwy. I updated Tweakscale and now it (Tweakscale) doesn't seem to work at all. When this happened before I tried rolling back to the Tweakscale dll's in 2.1.1 and that fixed it, but doesn't seem to be working this time. Says it can't find something in the editor. PM me an email and I'll send you the logs, gonna try a couple more fixes...

I also updated tweakscale in the meantime. Everything was fine. No issues at all. Need to analyze your logs. Do you still have the issue?

I also updated tweakscale in the meantime. Everything was fine. No issues at all. Need to analyze your logs. Do you still have the issue?

Afraid so. It *seems* to only be affecting certain existing designs, the only parallel between them I can see is that they all use KM parts. I did notice that having an extra scale.dll (from Goodspeed parts) breaks TweakScale but fixes the staging list problem. Removing it reverses the issue.

Heres a couple logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8disdbgractgtb/output_log1.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9lvrpvsk3f4h8h/output_log2.txt?dl=0

Am I the only one trying to use these now? I just discovered them via sum dum's service module system.

Supplies belong to the wet workshops parts. Move supplies to a door on an empty tank and create a habitable wet workshop with it. The lens should work as a lens for a telescope in orbit. Just right click in orbit and use it just as a science experiment.

Found something:

- Hatch can't open/close and starts open on the launchpad

- There is a gap between the hatch and the lense cover

- Lense is missing the 1.8m step for tweakScale

Screens:

Edited by diomedea
corrected link to Imgur album

DLLs don't take up much space, so just include them all. Part textures and models are what you really want to ween out

I know that.

But as most DLLS in mods are in alpha and are prone to errors and need updating every so often. It makes perfect, logical sense to only do so with DLLs that you are actually using.

But then if you knew the answer I was looking for you would have simply given it to me. So perhaps the developer, or someone who really does know, will tell me when he sees my message.

Thanks for your input.