[0.90] ON HOLD Klockheed Martian Special Parts V2.2 - 28-Nov - Dev Thread

I can at least write some MM cfgs to fix the scaling issues but any plugin coding is beyond my capabilities.

Edit: Ok Module Manager fix for the scaling issues. This is the quick and dirty version -- do not use any of these parts as the root part of your craft.

// Model node scaling fix for dtobi's Klockheed Martian Special Parts
// v.1 2014-Oct-12 by somnambulist
// Licensed under the MIT License http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT

@PART[km_com_op_11_bay]
{
@MODEL
{
@scale = 0.99375,0.496875,0.99375
}
}

@PART[km_com_op_1_bay]
{
@MODEL
{
@scale = 0.99375,0.99375,0.99375
}
}

@PART[km_com_op_1_cro]
{
@MODEL
{
@scale = 0.496875,0.496875,0.496875
}
}

@PART[km_com_op_1_dec-long]
{
@MODEL
{
@scale = 0.99375,0.99375,0.99375
}
}

@PART[km_compartment_dec]
{
@MODEL
{
@scale = 1.0,1.0,1.0
}
}

@PART[km_com_op_1_end]
{
@MODEL
{
@scale = 1.0,1.0,1.0
}
}

@PART[km_com_op_11_shr]
{
@MODEL
{
@scale = 1.0,0.5,1.0
}
}

@PART[km_com_op_1_shr]
{
@MODEL
{
@scale = 1.0,1.0,1.0
}
}

@PART[km_com_op_1_shrgrey]
{
@MODEL
{
@scale = 1.0,1.0,1.0
}
}

@PART[km_com_op_1_hatch]
{
@MODEL
{
@scale = 1.0,1.0,1.0
}
}

@PART[km_com_op_1_lens]
{
@MODEL
{
@scale = 1.0,1.0,1.0
}
}

Edited by somnambulist
Now with extra ModuleManager-y Goodness

Looks like the Smart Parts bugged for me.

There is no any edit menu for them at all. Maybe becouse I'm using X64 version of the 0.25?

That's probably a good guess. Make sure you're running the latest TweakScale instead of the one bundled with Smart Parts.

That's probably a good guess. Make sure you're running the latest TweakScale instead of the one bundled with Smart Parts.

I did. The editing menu is still bugged. I can't use the smart parts.

I did. The editing menu is still bugged. I can't use the smart parts.

It might be possible to replace dtobi's plugins with the stock animation module. You'd lose the ability to show/hide in the VAB but at least the doors on the cargo bays would open. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if it's possible.

It might be possible to replace dtobi's plugins with the stock animation module. You'd lose the ability to show/hide in the VAB but at least the doors on the cargo bays would open. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if it's possible.

The stock animation module in 0.25 now supports VAB/SPH playback.

The stock animation module in 0.25 now supports VAB/SPH playback.

I never looked too closely at how dtobi was doing the show hide trickery. If it's just done with an animation it should be possible to entirely switch over to the stock module.

I can at least write some MM cfgs to fix the scaling issues but any plugin coding is beyond my capabilities.

Edit: Ok Module Manager fix for the scaling issues. This is the quick and dirty version -- do not use any of these parts as the root part of your craft.

The root part issue shouldn't be an issue any longer. That's why everyone is having to scramble to fix scaling issues now.

The root part issue shouldn't be an issue any longer. That's why everyone is having to scramble to fix scaling issues now.

as a non-modder what does this mean? That we don't need a MM fix? or something completely unrelated? Forgive if this sounds ignorant because it is asked in complete ignorance :-)

as a non-modder what does this mean? That we don't need a MM fix? or something completely unrelated? Forgive if this sounds ignorant because it is asked in complete ignorance :-)

Root part problem: root parts scaled a certain way in the CFG will rescale when you switch to the craft. Under .24 my quick fix would suffer from that problem. Starwaster hints that bug is fixed in .25. You still need my MM cfg regardless.

Root part problem: root parts scaled a certain way in the CFG will rescale when you switch to the craft. Under .24 my quick fix would suffer from that problem. Starwaster hints that bug is fixed in .25.

No it's not fixed.

The only thing that got fixed is the issue with rF being applied two times instead of once when MODEL nodes were used.

I know this mod isn't currently being supported, but I'm confused about how to use the wet-workshop stuff.

I have a tank that I've attached the door and stuff to, and I transferred the "supplies" resource to the door, but when I click the buttons to convert to empty space or convert to living space, nothing happens, and the Kerbal cannot enter the hatch.

Is someone adopting these parts?

I took the skylab parts and plan to do something with the wet workshop parts. As for the rest, I don't know who claimed them. If nobody steps up I can maintain the parts for each update as I do have the source files for all of them.

I know this mod isn't currently being supported, but I'm confused about how to use the wet-workshop stuff.

I have a tank that I've attached the door and stuff to, and I transferred the "supplies" resource to the door, but when I click the buttons to convert to empty space or convert to living space, nothing happens, and the Kerbal cannot enter the hatch.

I still run 0.24.2 as my primary KSP version (I have 0.25 partially set up, but KM Special Parts are on my must-have mod list because they make great reactor compartments for KSPI), so I decided to document what I've figured out:

Pre-Flight Preparation

1. Place the wet-workshop door on your tank. You can have more than one per vessel, but I only tested one door per tank.
  2. Place a full Parts container (or a docking port) on your vessel.
  3. Ensure that you have some means of COMPLETELY draining the tank(s) with the door(s) attached to it (them). The fuel dump valves from one of the other KM packs can help with this, but they do produce thrust and must be balanced. One of my wet-workshop tests (with a 5m KW Rocketry tank) ended in destruction after 24 fuel valves set to 100% dump rate launched the tank into the air…

In-Flight: Door Prep

The door must be prepared before it can be used

1. COMPLETELY empty the fuel tank that the door is attached to
  2. Ensure that you have a supply of Parts (either bring them with you, or dock a resupply craft).
  3. Right-click on the door
  4. Transfer parts into the door
  5. Click on the "Convert Space" button in the door's right-click menu

In-Flight: Add 1 Kerbal of living space

With a fuel tank that has been converted to Empty Space:

1. Transfer more parts into the Door
  2. Click on the "Create Livingspace" button in the door's right-click menu
  3. Repeat as needed

Misc:

[*]You may be able to transfer Empty Space between tanks (I managed to squeeze an extra Kerbal's worth of space out of a big KW Rocketry 5m tank and a pair of 5mâ†â€3.75m conical tanks by doing this)

[*]The capacity of the door and the Parts tank do not divide evenly into the amount of resources required to perform the conversion. You will end up with a small Parts surplus.

[*]The game seems to have some difficulty accounting for the minuscule amount of Parts used in the initial fuel tank → empty space conversion.

Edited by Fail-Man 3D
Replaced placeholders w/ actual button names

I took the skylab parts and plan to do something with the wet workshop parts. As for the rest, I don't know who claimed them. If nobody steps up I can maintain the parts for each update as I do have the source files for all of them.

I hope that all the parts will find a new home, these are the best structural parts around.

Ok, I am releasing v2.2 as a fix for several problems:

V2.2

-Fixed part animations

-Fixed part scaling, remove mm config fix if you have it

-Converted all textures to MBM to fix tga issues

-Removed broken tweak scale version from zip, please download latest version here(YOU NEED IT): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80234

-Updated info for new license

DOWNLOAD

Ok, I am releasing v2.2 as a fix for several problems:

V2.2

-Fixed part animations

-Fixed part scaling, remove mm config fix if you have it

-Converted all textures to MBM to fix tga issues

-Removed broken tweak scale version from zip, please download latest version here(YOU NEED IT): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80234

-Updated info for new license

DOWNLOAD

I'm using it everything look fine.

may i suggest you to open new thread if you are the new developer of this mod?

• 2 weeks later...