[1.1.3] MunSeeker Mk1 Greenhouse (TAC Life Support add-on)

munseeker

Sorry to be that guy, but I've never used GitHub before and am utterly unable to find a download link. Could you point it out to me? Also, preferably one that uses the old "1 unit = 1 day's usage" units scale, since that's what I'm using.

The link is the last one in the right column. Or try this one: https://codeload.github.com/MunSeeker/Greenhouse-Mk1/zip/master

And as far as old versions is concerned, they don't work with the latest TACLS 0.9 and older TAC version won't work with KSP .24.2 - so I'd recommend upgrading!

• 1 month later...

I really want to shake your hand. This is the mod I've been looking for for a while! That being a simple greenhouse/ growing food mod for TAC. I will have to try this later and hopefully incorporate this into my Duna missions. Out of curiosity does it use up water from TAC to grow food? That may be the only remaining problem that needs to be fixed for sustainable colonies with TAC. Then again open source system that's apart of KSPI has water as a resource that's mine-able. I don't know if that can be used to refill water supplies for life support systems but that's a different thread. Anyway, this is a big step forward. I know other mods have food growing greenhouses but I don't need all the extra parts they come with lol! i just want a nice simple green house mod with low part count! I have too many mods as is on my install.

Anyone try this with TAC 0.10? I know some values were changed again.

Sorry for the late response - have been travelling to a place that actually had no wifi/cell/net connection whatsoever. No. Not the Mun. :)

I will update the mod in the coming weeks, but I'm playing a large sandbox game with multiple stations and bases that use the latest TAC LS and my current greenhouses. Works perfectly fine as is!

Here's the changes I'm planning to make:

- tweaking the weights to be more inline with TAC LS recycler weights - mostly that means the greenhouses will get a little bit heavier.

- tweaking the cost of the greenhouses

- very minor changes to the efficiency, but probably not a big deal

I hope you'll have fun with my greenhouses - and please post some screenshots if you get them into orbit/landed at some exotic location! :-)

I really want to shake your hand. This is the mod I've been looking for for a while! That being a simple greenhouse/ growing food mod for TAC. I will have to try this later and hopefully incorporate this into my Duna missions. Out of curiosity does it use up water from TAC to grow food? That may be the only remaining problem that needs to be fixed for sustainable colonies with TAC. Then again open source system that's apart of KSPI has water as a resource that's mine-able. I don't know if that can be used to refill water supplies for life support systems but that's a different thread. Anyway, this is a big step forward. I know other mods have food growing greenhouses but I don't need all the extra parts they come with lol! i just want a nice simple green house mod with low part count! I have too many mods as is on my install.

I'm glad you like it! Thanks!

I use the greenhouse in various stations and a pretty big Mun base myself and my reason for creating them was exactly what you are talking about. As far as water consumption, here is what the Mk1 Greenhouse does (Mk2 halves these values):

One greenhouse will use 100% of the waste products of 3 Kerbals (waste, waste water and carbon dioxide) and supply them with roughly 30% oxygen, 60% water and 70% food of their total needs.

These numbers are approximate. The idea is that the greenhouse uses only the wastewater and some internal filtration system. Part of the water is converted to Oxygen and the waste in the waste water becomes soil and plant materials with some filtered-out gunk that is vented to space. So it returns 60% of the waste water as clean(-ish) water into the system.

If you have a mining/supply generation system that feeds water into the system, TAC LS will use that water as resource. I'm not sure what all the mining mods use as resource names since I've never played with one of them, but if they create and store a resource with the name "Water", TAC LS should automatically use that resource.

ok I installed it does it work on 0.24.2? It's not showing. Only other thing i can think of if it is working on this version is, Do I put the whole Munseeker folder in gamedata or just Greenhouse_Mk2folder?

EDIT: I'm using TACLS v.10

Edited by Woodstar

ok I installed it does it work on 0.24.2? It's not showing. Only other thing i can think of if it is working on this version is, Do I put the whole Munseeker folder in gamedata or just Greenhouse_Mk2folder?

EDIT: I'm using TACLS v.10

The structure should be GameData/MunSeeker/Greenhouse_Mk1/

Once that's in place it should work with the latest version of KSP and TAC LS.

So no go it wont show, not in tech tree or VAB/SPH researchthemall.dll don't even ask me to research it.

The structure should be GameData/MunSeeker/Greenhouse_Mk1/

Once that's in place it should work with the latest version of KSP and TAC LS.

I got the Mk 2 version, do i need both?

EDIT: well I'll be damned, installed the Mk 1 and the Mk2 now shows! ( either that or I missed it ;) ). all is fine now.

Edited by Woodstar

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I added a crew member into the Munseeker Greenhouse MK1 TAC, but I cant seem to get the crew member out. How do I do that?

Thanks.

Are you using Connected Living Space? I've only tested it with that, never without. You should be able to get the Kerbal out by clicking on the hatch and selecting EVA... But will go and also do some more testing on that, this has just never happened to me before.

Are you using Connected Living Space? I've only tested it with that, never without. You should be able to get the Kerbal out by clicking on the hatch and selecting EVA... But will go and also do some more testing on that, this has just never happened to me before.

No,

I just have TAC installed.

I built a rocket and attached the Geenhouse with a few other modules (building a modular space base/station).

You can assign a crew member but when you go launch the crew member is gone.

qovfyYM.png

Hope that helps.

No,

I just have TAC installed.

I built a rocket and attached the Geenhouse with a few other modules (building a modular space base/station).

You can assign a crew member but when you go launch the crew member is gone.

http://i.imgur.com/qovfyYM.png

Hope that helps.

OK, here's what I found: This is standard behavior for any kind of components that can hold a Kerbal, but don't offer an IVA. I found the same behavior with other mods that don't have IVA.

- Your Kerbal is still in the greenhouse, but he will not appear in the crew-view in the bottom right corner of the staging mode view (since that is a view of the IVA).

- If you use the Kerbal Crew Transfer mod, the Kerbal will appear in the right-click menu for the greenhouse if you alt-click another place for them to go

- If you left-click on the crew hatch of the greenhouse (no mods necessary), the Kerbal appears in the crew hatch menu with buttons for EVA and Transfer

Please let me know if that works for you. Pretty sure it's the non-existent IVA that is the issue here.

Thank you for this! I've been waiting/looking for a while for a simple greenhouse that works with TAC. For a long time I had been mutilating the legacy version of BioMass to fit my needs (trying, sometimes in vain, to get it to work with the latest version of KSP), and I eventually had to give up. This is exactly what I was looking for :)

OK, here's what I found: This is standard behavior for any kind of components that can hold a Kerbal, but don't offer an IVA. I found the same behavior with other mods that don't have IVA.

- Your Kerbal is still in the greenhouse, but he will not appear in the crew-view in the bottom right corner of the staging mode view (since that is a view of the IVA).

- If you use the Kerbal Crew Transfer mod, the Kerbal will appear in the right-click menu for the greenhouse if you alt-click another place for them to go

- If you left-click on the crew hatch of the greenhouse (no mods necessary), the Kerbal appears in the crew hatch menu with buttons for EVA and Transfer

Please let me know if that works for you. Pretty sure it's the non-existent IVA that is the issue here.

munseeker, You are right. I must have kept missing with the left click to get the eva/transfer window. I'm so use to right clicking now.

My apologies.

munseeker, You are right. I must have kept missing with the left click to get the eva/transfer window. I'm so use to right clicking now.

My apologies.

No problem, I'm glad I could help. Post some screenshots when you get the greenhouse into a cool location! :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a part of hydroponic power requirements comes from lighting, and the greenhouse has rather large windows, would it be possible and reasonable to have the part's sun exposure reduce power requirements?

Off the top of my head the easiest way to do this would to add solar panel code to the part, have the solar panel function linked to the part's operational state, and have the max electricity generated be a fraction of the part's power requirements.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.