[1.2] USI Survivability Pack (Formerly DERP) [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

:( This mod never works for me. I try it every few months. The DERP Module comes on but usually I cant get in it or inflate it. Also the floaties and airbags never show up. I really would love this mod but for some reason it wont work with my computer.

:( This mod never works for me. I try it every few months. The DERP Module comes on but usually I cant get in it or inflate it. Also the floaties and airbags never show up. I really would love this mod but for some reason it wont work with my computer.

Those sorts of issues are usually install related. The usually picture of your gamedata folder is a good first step.

Nevermind, read the previous posts. I 'fixed' it myself by tweak-scaling four radial chutes down to 25% and increasing their deploy pressure to 0.1. That will let them open on Duna and bring the pod down safely (Albeit at around 14m/s)

0.3.2.0 IS UP

0.3.2 2016.10.20

------------------

KSP 1.0.4 Compatibility release

Refreshed dependencies

Created a new version of the DERP - note that the old DERP has been deprecated

Updated CTT placement

OH SNAP! I missed pretty much all of the stream. I guess modeling finished up well.

I'm just getting into your mods and didn't have earlier versions, so I guess I'm okay. I assumed "deprecated" meant some old parts were included.

The "Activate" and "Toggle" actions on the derp pod seem to be broken - they act just like "Disconnect", and separate the pod from everything else, including any service ring under it. Are any of the action group actions supposed to inflate the pod? ("Evacuate" does work properly).

I made a DERP with 2 bags of DERP Supplies on it to test how long it would last and for some reason it never seems to deplete any supplies. The life support window also says it has 0d of supplies on it even though it clearly has like sixty something available in the other windows. Then I made a 2nd DERP with a no-name instead of Jeb, window is now completely blank instead of 0d like the first pod had, the supplies still aren't actually going down.

Edit: Also after four parachute assisted test landings on Kerbin I found the room for error on the DERP is REALLY small if you want to actually land it on the tiny legs, like anything more then maybe a 10 degree tip at as fast as 7ms will cause it to fall over. And it's to weak to even roll so I've tip landed and the hatch's been blocked since the DERP 2.0 apparently lacks the little arm thingy that pushed the DERP 1 over incase the hatch was obstructed.

Edited by Sarda

Gotta say, It took a bit to figure out where all the parts were, but all-in-all, this is a great update! I do kinda miss the all-in-one nature of the Pod engine part from the last install, but the modular nature of the new stuff more than makes up for it. Keep up the great work! (Oh, and for anyone having troubles, if you hold ALT with the inline engine selected, it snaps right into the center of the new Pod rings.)

Edit: Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of stabilization to help keep the pod itself facing prograde during reentry so that all of your other stuff doesn't burn up.

Edited by Blazing Sun

Oh, and for anyone having troubles, if you hold ALT with the inline engine selected, it snaps right into the center of the new Pod rings.

After wasting 5 minutes to try to get it in the right position, i have removed the surface attach from the .cfg.

Thanks for the tips, next time i know what to do

@RoverDude:

D.E.R.P. Mk2 is totally awesome, sir!

Although you've added ModuleAblator to the D.E.R.P. Pod, there's no ablator resource displayed. I presume that's because pod cfg lacks ablator resource description (I might be wrong, of course). Following lines are taken from previous pod version:

RESOURCE

{

name = Ablator

amount = 200

maxAmount = 200

}

Also, ServiceRing & engine make it a perfect base for mini probes too :) Thanks!

Edited by Horus
update

Looks like there was a part rename in the latest update:

7V0jM1X.png

Is that the little inflatable survival pod? Should be safe to delete from the savegame right?

*edit* I deleted the 3 instances in my savefile where there was a PodCapsule part. Then my station exploded.

So I guess that's not the way to fix it.

Edited by blackhuey

I can't seem to figure out how to assemble this new DERP and haven't seen any explanation of the change in any YouTube video or wiki. Been trying to set up an escape pod for my station but the parts don't seem to go together (eg. inline tank won't connect to inline engine). How in the world does this new thing work?

Looks like there was a part rename in the latest update:

http://i.imgur.com/7V0jM1X.png

Is that the little inflatable survival pod? Should be safe to delete from the savegame right?

*edit* I deleted the 3 instances in my savefile where there was a PodCapsule part. Then my station exploded.

So I guess that's not the way to fix it.

It should not have exploded :P

I can't seem to figure out how to assemble this new DERP and haven't seen any explanation of the change in any YouTube video or wiki. Been trying to set up an escape pod for my station but the parts don't seem to go together (eg. inline tank won't connect to inline engine). How in the world does this new thing work?

Use the ALT key to snap the inline bits to the inside of the two structural frames. Everything else is just node attach

So I've added some DERP inflatable escape pods to a spaceplane, but it seems to be causing an issue. On takeoff, once the plane gets to ~35m/s, the plane jolts like the wheels got stuck on something. Speed drops to ~15m/s, accelerates like normal, and the cycle repeats.

It only happens while on the ground (runway and grass), with the DERP inflatable pods attached. It's not a problem using VTOL, or if the pods are removed (either via jettison or in the hangar). Happens regardless of where the pods are attached.

Has anyone else experienced this using 0.3.2?