[1.2] USI Survivability Pack (Formerly DERP) [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

Just a followup.

private void Dampen()
{
[B] if (!isDeployed)[/B]
[B] return;[/B]
if (vessel.srfSpeed > dampenSpeed

Just tried adding the bolded lines to LifeBoat.cs and the sticking problem @ 35m/s went away. I can make a pull request, but I'm not 100% that's the behaviour you had in mind for Dampen().

Just a followup.

private void Dampen()
{
[B] if (!isDeployed)[/B]
[B] return;[/B]
if (vessel.srfSpeed > dampenSpeed

Just tried adding the bolded lines to LifeBoat.cs and the sticking problem @ 35m/s went away. I can make a pull request, but I'm not 100% that's the behaviour you had in mind for Dampen().

Good catch :) I will happily take a pull request for that

Would it be possible to make the floaters only buoyant when deployed?

Sure, log a github issue

Pull request sent.

I removed the dependency on FSanimateGeneric and created a dll to handle the floaters. Had to make the buoyancy change gradual since I got a rather annoying kraken at times doing an instant toggle. Not sure why.

The floats will also only partially inflate if buoyancy is reduced from the right-click menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

For some reason I can't deploy the landing legs on the DERP. I push "G" or click the gear button on the toolbar but they don't deploy.

Tried searching the thread but haven't found anything.

Any help appreciated.

Guys,

For some reason I can't deploy the landing legs on the DERP. I push "G" or click the gear button on the toolbar but they don't deploy.

Tried searching the thread but haven't found anything.

Any help appreciated.

I probably shouldn't be answering since I haven't used this part but at least many of the MKS parts require you to deploy landing legs from right click menu instead of the gears toggle.

Edited by Varsi

Yep those are not landing gear they are an animation, just bind their deploy action to the gear action group.

Thanks for the reply Roverdude. I'm a big fan!

I should have added, I'm not getting a right click option for lowering the landing struts either, which is why I thought they would be bound to the gear action group. No big deal, you don't really need the struts for a safe landing, but I just thought I'd ask.