[1.2] USI Survivability Pack (Formerly DERP) [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

Awesome! Did not know about that - I shall be adding this in immediately

That's how KAS containers snap into container bays. Since for snapping, bayType/type must match (there can be more than one type per bay, but one ModuleGrab can only fit one bayType or no bayType, AFAIR) you can make pretty complex EVA-assembling structures this way that will always assemble correctly. I keep trying to get someone to make a decent packed rover using that principle, but while helldiver's saying he wants to make one, it's very far ahead in his schedule. :)

That's how KAS containers snap into container bays. Since for snapping, bayType/type must match (there can be more than one type per bay, but one ModuleGrab can only fit one bayType or no bayType, AFAIR) you can make pretty complex EVA-assembling structures this way that will always assemble correctly. I keep trying to get someone to make a decent packed rover using that principle, but while helldiver's saying he wants to make one, it's very far ahead in his schedule. :)

Bah, now you have me thinking....

A nice side effect is I can also, since the capsule is going to be a KAS container, give it some capacity (say, 10 or so) so people can toss in a few extra goodies when they make their escape.

Actually, being a bay or being grabbable does not necessarily imply being a container. :) I patch all pods to have at least some container capacity on principle, though, because, why else do they all have those boxes marked 'stuff' on the interior...

RoverDude, do you ever sleep? Seriously, I've been playing KSP again for the last few weeks and in every one of them you came up with something great that's exactly what I was looking for.

Anyway, the pod seems to work fine, but as soon as I pick up the propulsion module from the VAB menu, it's animated as if it had engines and RCS at full throttle. That remains in the launchpad and during normal gameplay. The thrusters and RCS work, but the animation is always on.

Also, after I crash the pod, I can still quickswitch to it, but I get an empty screen.

RoverDude, do you ever sleep? Seriously, I've been playing KSP again for the last few weeks and in every one of them you came up with something great that's exactly what I was looking for.

Anyway, the pod seems to work fine, but as soon as I pick up the propulsion module from the VAB menu, it's animated as if it had engines and RCS at full throttle. That remains in the launchpad and during normal gameplay. The thrusters and RCS work, but the animation is always on.

Also, after I crash the pod, I can still quickswitch to it, but I get an empty screen.

hmmmm - normally I see what you're describing when there's a bad module. KSP 0.23.5 correct? Also what is your ZIP version?

And I am one of those lucky *******s that only needs about four hours of sleep per day.

hmmmm - normally I see what you're describing when there's a bad module. KSP 0.23.5 correct? Also what is your ZIP version?

And I am one of those lucky *******s that only needs about four hours of sleep per day.

Oh - and before I forget - make sure you clear out the directory, and definitely make sure you have the lifeboat.dll in there, or evil things will absolutely happen.

Yes, KSP 0.23.5, Lifeboat-0.1.1.

I put it in the GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Lifeboat, if that makes any difference, but yes, Lifeboat.dll is there.

Adding in some alternate textures for folks who want a more stock feel. I personally like the high contrast, and bright colors are kinda important for an escape pod. But if you're all good with never being rescued from the Mun because you look like a rock, here ya go. Will add these with the next update.

OKhsCX7.png

GBLtFhS.png

lDjlDAC.png

hmmm... Try doing a clean install from the ZIP? Also make sure you delete any old versions since that can cause weirdness as models did change early on. I just cleared out all of my stuff in my Dev build other than Squad, NASAmission, and the single USI directory that I copied in fresh from the Zip on Dropbox.

Hey, when I try to use this mod, the parachute is already deployed in the VAB and in flight. I don't think it does anything, but it's just there.

I have the same problem parachute is deployed, can not be packed and don't work, might make more sense to put the parachute on the pod rather than the engine module, imagine you will drop engine before reentry.

Else this is very cool.

One posible use is to just grab it use the jetpack and do an burn, enter again to refuel rcs and do another burn.

You could technically use this from LKO to minmus, land and explore all biomes then go back, you however need to attach an radial parachute to the bottom to land

And yes this can also be used for tents on foot trips.

Edited by magnemoe

Hey, when I try to use this mod, the parachute is already deployed in the VAB and in flight. I don't think it does anything, but it's just there.

Me too. Can't figure out how to pack it, and doesn't work.

hmmm... Try doing a clean install from the ZIP? Also make sure you delete any old versions since that can cause weirdness as models did change early on. I just cleared out all of my stuff in my Dev build other than Squad, NASAmission, and the single USI directory that I copied in fresh from the Zip on Dropbox.

Can either of you help me track this down? I do not get this issue on a clean Squad install with the current zip and the LifeBoat folder completely replaced. For some reason something is making it want to play all of the animations (that's why you see the parachute out there). A mod list would be nice so I can find the offending party.

FYI - the para is on the engines because of how parachutes, animations, dynamic colliders, etc. work.

How much dv does this thing have? for such a small part it seemed to have a lot of fuel in it. (i am only basing that on the video's though.)

I can (barely) de-orbit Kerbin at 3 million meters. Thrust of 30, ISP of 400 in vac, 18 fuel 22 oxidizer.

Let's see... Umm I have quite a few mods... I have KW rocketry, Novapunch, Precisenode, Universal Storage, Active Texture Management, Scansat, Raster Prop Mod, KAS, Mechjeb... and a few others...

Me too.

Screenshot%202014-06-28%2019.34.35.png

OK - so some things to check. Make sure if you are using Deadly Reentry or RealChutes you're on the latest versions, just in case one of those two is causing a conflict.

Oh.. and of course, are you using the 64 bit hack?

Edited by RoverDude

OK - so some things to check. Make sure if you are using Deadly Reentry or RealChutes you're on the latest versions, just in case one of those two is causing a conflict.

Oh.. and of course, are you using the 64 bit hack?

For what it's worth, I had the same problem (parachute pre-deployed), and when I checked, found that I didn't have Realchute itself installed on my test save of KSP. Grabbing the newest version did the trick.

For what it's worth, I had the same problem (parachute pre-deployed), and when I checked, found that I didn't have Realchute itself installed on my test save of KSP. Grabbing the newest version did the trick.

Going to move out the MM configs from root since that's probably the prob - MM installed but not RealChutes. Doing a new update anyway so I will include it in there.