[1.10.0] NanoGauges - tiny ana1og gauges for kerbalnauts -1.10.0-3463

Nereid

I can't disable ISP/E gauge, is that a bug?

It shows up on the menu as disabled but isn't.

Yes, its a bug. Developers and Copy&Paste, you know? ;)

You can disable it with the hotkey.

Thanks for reporting.

EDIT: I will upload a fix in about an hour.

Edited by Nereid

Yes, its a bug. Developers and Copy&Paste, you know? ;)

You can disable it with the hotkey.

Thanks for reporting.

EDIT: I will upload a fix in about an hour.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Ok, The next thing to add is the functionality MK3424 requested. I will also add a gauge for specific impulse.

If somebody has any other idea for a gauge, let me know. I will see, if I can do it.

I was wonder if the people that use deadly reentry could use a gauge that would display their reentry angle?

PakledHostage had a reentry mod that you could call up that information.

He might be able to show you the needed code?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/21050-0-17-Re-entry-Heat-Module-and-Mk-1-Pod-Heat-Shields

I was wonder if the people that use deadly reentry could use a gauge that would display their reentry angle?

PakledHostage had a reentry mod that you could call up that information.

He might be able to show you the needed code?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/21050-0-17-Re-entry-Heat-Module-and-Mk-1-Pod-Heat-Shields

Well... the main work doing this is calculating the intersection of the flight path and the sphere defined by the atmosphere. If anyone can provide me with the code for that, its only simple math then.

Edited by Nereid

This may be a stretch but how about additional gauges for TAC life support resources?

Consider it done. 6 new gauges for the TAC life support resources are added in 0.2.6.

But there are a few problems. TAC life support won't work for me at all. The resources are consumed but the TAC:LS tells me the vessel is running out of supplies, which isn't true (maybe they have to be connected to the crew pod in some specific way). Then the plugin tells me the kerbals have died, but they are obviously still alive (KSP still shows them). I don't think this is related to NanoGauges. It seems that TAC life support won't function properly - at least for me. After reloading the kerbals are indeed dead.

One finding by this way: FF wont refresh the state of a kerbal if he dies in a mission. This had be fixed in this plugin, too.

Edited by Nereid

Installed this last night.

It's exactly what I was looking for to replace SteamGauges (I mostly just use it for the RadAlt).

But, when flying my SSTO up past 22Km I started to have some major lag. Turbojet flaming out and restarting, also some odd popping noises just before. This is a plane I've flown into orbit many times so I removed the mod and was able repeat the flight without issues. SpaeplanePlus is installed but this plane used none of those parts, I have a few other mods installed: VOID, PreciseNode, FloorIt, KerbalAlarmClock, DockingPortAlignment, SwitchVessel, Engineer Redux, EnhancedNavBall, EditorExtensions and SteamGauges. Don't know if one or more of them might be in conflict.

Installed this last night.

It's exactly what I was looking for to replace SteamGauges (I mostly just use it for the RadAlt).

But, when flying my SSTO up past 22Km I started to have some major lag. Turbojet flaming out and restarting, also some odd popping noises just before. This is a plane I've flown into orbit many times so I removed the mod and was able repeat the flight without issues. SpaeplanePlus is installed but this plane used none of those parts, I have a few other mods installed: VOID, PreciseNode, FloorIt, KerbalAlarmClock, DockingPortAlignment, SwitchVessel, Engineer Redux, EnhancedNavBall, EditorExtensions and SteamGauges. Don't know if one or more of them might be in conflict.

Sorry to hear this. I'm playing fine currently with NanoGauges. But I'm aware that there is a suboptimal part in the code, that scanes every part of a vessel multiple times a second. maybe this is to much for your SSTO and system.

I will just check, if I can optimize this. Its already on my todo list, but until now I thought it was not of that importance.

It would help, if you could send me your SSTO so I can test this vessel.

Done so far:

• scan of vessel only, if it is altered in any way (hopefully no change is missed)
  • Vessel.GetTotalMass() is called less often

EDIT: It seems that the peformance problems for vessels with large amount of parts are gone now.

Edited by Nereid

0.4.3:

• The reinit procedure of the gauges was gone in 0.4.2. The reworked code that create the gauges had caused this. It's back again, so you will see a short startup of all gauges running up from 0.0 to the actual value.

Well... after some experience in my own game, I realized that there must be a way to hide/unhide the gauges. Sometimes they are just blocking sight. So I added this functionality in 0.4.4.

Just press RIGHT-CTRL-DEL to hide/unhide. RIGHT-CTRL-TAB does the same. But because ALT-TAB does other nasty things and the hotkey RIGHT-CTRL could be changed...

Cool idea, I so want this instead of all the extra junk I get with Mechjeb windows. One problem, though. ATM does a real good job of compressing the gauge textures, so much that they're unreadable. Is there a config out there to exempt NanoGauges? I've noticed that Final Frontier is pretty fuzzy as well.

I'm running the standard version, at least I thought that's what I downloaded. I'm thinking that it might have something to do with the Green Skull Configs I'm using.

Ok, I'm using the agressive version. You are using version 3.1 or a previous one? If you are not using 3.1 please try this version.

Is the file GameData\Nereid\NanoGauges\TextureCompression.cfg existent? This should override your ATM config for NanoGauges. A similar file exists for FinalFrontier.

Ok, problem solved, I believe. I'm running most current versions of both, and I do have the config files already. I just changed a setting to "mipmaps = false" on both, and now my ribbons and gauges are both crystal clear. I'm learning this whole code thing, but am I right in thinking that ATM was compressing the texture maps and that was making everything fuzzy? And am I going to have negative side effects from tweaking settings that way?

Strange. In the GameData\Nereid\NanoGauges\TextureCompression.cfg is mipmaps = true configured. This overrides the ATM main config.

Please try to change it in this file (to mipmaps = false) first without changing the ATM main config and report.

I did what you asked. I reverted the config in the ATM folder back to original, and changed the configs in your folders and it still works just fine.

I was wondering, would you be able to add gauges for docking purposes? Like relative velocity, lateral speeds, or angle to target? I'm just curious, those are some of the thing I really pay attention to on mechjeb and the docking alignment mod, it'd be nice to have agauges for them so I can clear up screen space.

NanoGauges 0.4.6 is online

NanoGauges 0.4.7 is online

• Autolayout is working again
  • The ISP gauge was not of great use. So I replaced it with "DELTA ISP / S" (dISP/s)
  • New gravimetric gauge
  • Some gauges have a yellow F flag, that comes up when their limits exceeded.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some gauges to malfunction after a vessel change.
  • new hotkey: RIGHT_CTRL-INS does autolayout all gauges.

The dISP/s gauge has a minor bug: If all engines are off, then the OFF flag and the LIMITS flag are visible. Fixed in 0.4.7.

Edited by Nereid

I did what you asked. I reverted the config in the ATM folder back to original, and changed the configs in your folders and it still works just fine.

These configs should now be part of the NanoGauges archive.

I was wondering, would you be able to add gauges for docking purposes? Like relative velocity, lateral speeds, or angle to target? I'm just curious, those are some of the thing I really pay attention to on mechjeb and the docking alignment mod, it'd be nice to have agauges for them so I can clear up screen space.

I was already thinking about this. But to be honest, this is a bit more complicated to do. First, my vertical gauges are not very well suited for this. Well, ok I can create new ones for that. Second, I'm using Romfarers docking cam which does a realy good job for me. And last but not least I would have to invest some time to get any clue how to calculate all this. I'm pretty confident that I would be able to do this ;), but the next days I will work on other things and finally play KSP a bit. :)

I was already thinking about this. But to be honest, this is a bit more complicated to do. First, my vertical gauges are not very well suited for this. Well, ok I can create new ones for that. Second, I'm using Romfarers docking cam which does a realy good job for me. And last but not least I would have to invest some time to get any clue how to calculate all this. I'm pretty confident that I would be able to do this ;), but the next days I will work on other things and finally play KSP a bit. :)

Yeah, I was thinking that it would be somewhat complicated. I use the docking mods as well, but as far as the relative speed to target I thought that would the easiest to do. It's just that I was thinking that there wasn't much I found useful for docking operations, and I wanted something to look at when switching to that mode. :)

NanoGauges 0.4.8 is online

• AOA gauge fixed (this was more complicated than I thought).
  • The ISP gauge was not of great use. So I replaced it with "DELTA ISP / S" (dISP/s)
  • 2 new gauges: Vertical Attidute Indicator and Vertical Velocity Indicator

I'm playing around with airplanes a t the moment. And the Navball isn't very precise for landing. So I added the two new gauges to help landing a bit.

Edited by Nereid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.