[1.5.x]Dr. Jet's Chop Shop v0.11.4.3 (20.10.2018)

Dr. Jet

Hm-m-m... It absolutely shouldn't behave like that with stock animation module... 

What other mods do you have that may mess with animation states?

How does the part in question look inside a save file? 

For Deployed state it should be:

MODULE { name = ModuleAnimateGeneric 

animSwitch = False
                    animTime = 1
                    animSpeed = 1

}

For Retracted state it should be:

MODULE { name = ModuleAnimateGeneric 

animSwitch = True
                    animTime = 0
                    animSpeed = -1

}

P.S. Checked several times - animation states for skycrane save and load properly in my heavily-modded build. 

Edited by Dr. Jet

8 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

How does the part in question look inside a save file? 

I'll have to get back to you on that.  At present, I have no active ships with the skycrane, and that shall remain the case until the Wild Blue mods update.

Thanks for report. It was really missing from /ChopShop/ModuleManager/CLS.cfg

@PART[SegmentChuteBase]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace] 
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true
    }
}

Edited by Dr. Jet

• 2 months later...

v0.10.0 is out

It's meant to be played in KSP 1.1.3, but when i fast-tested in KSP 1.2Pre - it worked pretty well (concidering there were no other mods to support).  

• New Manned Rugged Rover Mk2 (3 seats)
  • New Opening Heat Shield (CLS passable) to protect your docking ports or probe cores on reentry.
  • Audio clip for Impeller. Now it sounds like real Hubsan drone.
  • Lots of small fixes (animation glitches, changes due to JSI mods separation, etc.)

Important thing! 

KSP 1.2Pre is finally free ot that f***ing "Wheel blocked: Yes" bug.

But if you still play KSP 1.1.3, you need to zero out some parameters in your settings.cfg to be able to use Rugged Rovers family!

WHEEL_CLIP_RANGE = 0
WHEEL_CLIP_MULTIPLIER = 0

W19SFp4.png

reQWPID.png

z12E6Eb.png

Known issues:

• RPM Props are badly misplaced. I believe, Partools 1.1.2 is to blame. Comment out "@PART[MRR2_rover]:NEEDS[RASTERPROPMONITOR]{ ... }" from /ChopShop/ModuleManager/JSI_RPM.cfg to play with stock props - they were a pain to set up either, but finally settled. 
  • Opening Heat Shield does not perfectly match stock Pod Mk1-2. Though it DOES match all normal sized 2.5m parts - like Lab or Hitchhiker.
  • Impeller is still poorly balanced... And it's new sound could be configured better. Will accept any help.

P.S. Feel free to suggest me further improvements or model changes.

P.P.S. PartTools 1.1.2 is severely bugged in terms of props placement... Will wait till PartTools 1.2 before trying to do more command IVAs or fix the existing. 

Edited by Dr. Jet

Minor update 0.10.0.1 is out. It will be the last KSP 1.1.x compatible version.

• Added search tags for parts.
  • Proper TAC LS config for MRR Mk2 - it has 3 seats but only 2/3 of normal supply amount.
  • Couple of minor config fixes.

Above changes are actually a part of 1.2 config changes.  Work in progress. uc2.gif

23 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

hitting your head on desk won't make it faster to publish the 1.2 version sir :P

In fact, i discovered something bad about 0.10.0-0.10.0.1 when checking new parameters in 1.2

KSPtools 1.1.3 not only messed up the IVA props, but also made some parts to offset a couple centimeters away from center when exporting to .mu. It's for sure an issue for SSP Mk1 part at least.

Just now, Dr. Jet said:

In fact, i discovered something bad about 0.10.0-0.10.0.1 when checking new parameters in 1.2

KSPtools 1.1.3 not only messed up the IVA props, but also made some parts to offset a couple centimeters away from center when exporting to .mu. It's for sure an issue for SSP Mk1 part at least.

Ouch, oh well, don't follow me, but uc2.gif

It was really weird sh*t with that offset bug...

Replacing PartTools lib with newest PorkJet one didn't help. Rebuilding model whole way from blender to Unity to .mu didn't help. Stuffing assets back to Unity 4 and PartTools 1.0.5 and rebuilding .mu from there acually DID help. It's either a consequence of animation clip misbihavior or I even don't know what...

47cd85e06da97b3d0ec3f4141ba0ccb315cd6eff

Maybe I should also rebuild props placement from that old Unity. They DID work there as intended IIRC.

Edited by Dr. Jet

Patch 0.10.0.2

• Better placement for MRR Mk2 internal control panel
  • Used Unity 4 and old PartTools to fix props placement for RPM mod
  • Fixed model glitch and config typo for SSP Mk1

Hope those fixes will work for 1.2 too...

Version 0.10.1 (KSP 1.2 compatibility patch) is out.

• Tech node changes, module adjustments and other compatibility fixes for KSP 1.2
  • Sample craft "Surface Sampler" updated to use new stock feature and return science in Luna-16 style.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

Thanks Dr. Jet for the amazing mod, I've been using it for a long time now. It's really a must have.

I'm using KSP 1.2,   Everything works fine except for the Mk2 Lander Can. 

The LTS-2 (Lower stage) gets stuck in place when staging. and the hole ship begins to wobble. the only way to get rid of it it's start to turn and increase the speed until the tanks explode.

I was searching the entire thread and I can't find any information about this issue.

What do I need to post?   an image of it?  or some kind of log?   Please excuse my ignorance, it's the first time that I try to make a comment about a mod.

System: Win 10 x64

KSP 1.2 - fresh install.

mods: Dr Jet's only.

Edited by Tio Oly

10 hours ago, Tio Oly said:

The LTS-2 (Lower stage) gets stuck in place when staging. and the hole ship begins to wobble.

This bug was squished at 05.11.2016 by ChopShop micropatches 0.10.0.3 (for 1.1.3) and 0.10.1.1 (for 1.2.x)  - check your version.

P.S. A-ah... You were manually updating from CurseForge, weren't you? I forgot to put micropatches there... My bad...

Edited by Dr. Jet

Hello again and good day to all :cool:.

Thanks Dr Jet.

Yes, I was updating manually, I usually use CKAN for installation/update, but for some reason in the CKAN  v1.20.1 "Alexey", the chop shop mod is marked as ver. 0.10.1.1, but the Max version of KSP is only 1.1.3. (I can't figure out how to post images, that'll be my next task).

It worked fine except for the MK2 tank issue, maybe the problem was the mismatch in the max ksp version, so, I looked for other source to update.

I've downloded the mod from Spacedock and updated the game to 1.2.1, it works like a charm!

Thank you for your time Dr Jet, in both the answer and the amazing mod. CY@! 

Edited by Tio Oly

• 1 month later...

I've recently started using this mod again.  Thanks for creating it is wonderfully eclectic collection of stuff.  My objectives for this play  through was more of a probe/rover based exploration.  I use OctoSat Continued (it also requires BahamutoD Animation Modules) and this seems to conflict with Chop Shop.  I have many other modules in my main game but when I experienced issues using the skycranes and li'l buzzer my debugging pointed me to these three mods not working together.  As octosat works with my other mods just fine I thought I'd post here.

Install:  ksp 1.2.2.1622, OctoSat Continued, BahamutoD Animation Modules, and Dr. Jet's Chop Shop).  All installed via CKAN Version v1.22.1-0-g174271a(beta).

Behavior:  with the skycranes I don't get any engine particle effects and it's like the engine is at part throttle.  With the li'l buzzer it gets a very quick intermittent air flow deprived condition causing no thrust.

Any thoughts or help for a fix would be great.  This is a great mod and will work well with what I have in mind.

38 minutes ago, SeaTac said:

I've recently started using this mod again.  Thanks for creating it is wonderfully eclectic collection of stuff.  My objectives for this play  through was more of a probe/rover based exploration.  I use OctoSat Continued (it also requires BahamutoD Animation Modules) and this seems to conflict with Chop Shop.  I have many other modules in my main game but when I experienced issues using the skycranes and li'l buzzer my debugging pointed me to these three mods not working together.  As octosat works with my other mods just fine I thought I'd post here.

Install:  ksp 1.2.2.1622, OctoSat Continued, BahamutoD Animation Modules, and Dr. Jet's Chop Shop).  All installed via CKAN Version v1.22.1-0-g174271a(beta).

Behavior:  with the skycranes I don't get any engine particle effects and it's like the engine is at part throttle.  With the li'l buzzer it gets a very quick intermittent air flow deprived condition causing no thrust.

Any thoughts or help for a fix would be great.  This is a great mod and will work well with what I have in mind.

Can't see how it may conflict with OctoSat. The only real dependancy of ChopShop is ModuleManager, others are completely optional.

Possible reasons of trouble:

1. Your CKAN somehow didn't grab the latest ChopShop (0.10.1.1) - weird but possible. Try to reinstall manually from SpaceDock.
  2. BahamutoD Animation module is usually responsible for 99% of troubles with SkyCrane - try to delete compatibility patch: GameData/ChopShop/ModuleManager/BahamutoDynamics.cfg
  3. Air deprivation of Li'l Buzzer impeller can be caused by: leaving atmosphere; mistaking front side for back side; stalling; insanely high AoA during flight. If neither of those is the case - show me your craft file. 

17 minutes ago, Dr. Jet said:

Can't see how it may conflict with OctoSat. The only real dependancy of ChopShop is ModuleManager, others are completely optional.

Possible reasons of trouble:

1. Your CKAN somehow didn't grab the latest ChopShop (0.10.1.1) - weird but possible. Try to reinstall manually from SpaceDock.
  2. BahamutoD Animation module is usually responsible for 99% of troubles with SkyCrane - try to delete compatibility patch: GameData/ChopShop/ModuleManager/BahamutoDynamics.cfg
  3. Air deprivation of Li'l Buzzer impeller can be caused by: leaving atmosphere; mistaking front side for back side; stalling; insanely high AoA during flight. If neither of those is the case - show me your craft file. 

Thanks for such a quick reply.  I did remove the cfg file and it works much better, however the skycranes description says it's unmaned, has a reaction wheel, engine gimbal, and has SAS Stability control.  Unless another probe core is on the vehicle it won't move.  No gimbal from the engine or reaction wheel control.  If I add a Stayputnik it works fine.  I thought it might be  a communication issue so I added a communotron 16-s but still no control.

I'm still trying to figure out how to attach a file but the li'l buzzer is a very basic quad copter design.  One RC-001S Remote Guidance Unit, one Z-1k Rechargeable Battery Bank, and 4 li'l buzzers attached in radial symmetry on the battery.  It does take off and fly but trying to come in for a landing if the vertical speed comes to close to zero it becomes intake deprived and drops like a rock.  I was hoping to make several smaller probes like this to use on a Laythe lander to gather science data from other biomes like a quad copter.

Thanks for such a quick reply.  I did remove the cfg file and it works much better, however the skycranes description says it's unmaned, has a reaction wheel, engine gimbal, and has SAS Stability control.  Unless another probe core is on the vehicle it won't move.  No gimbal from the engine or reaction wheel control.  If I add a Stayputnik it works fine.  I thought it might be  a communication issue so I added a communotron 16-s but still no control.

Ha... you're right, SkyCrane lacks KerbNet modules. It's kinda weird noone noticed that before. Will fix.

9 hours ago, SeaTac said:

I'm still trying to figure out how to attach a file but the li'l buzzer is a very basic quad copter design.  One RC-001S Remote Guidance Unit, one Z-1k Rechargeable Battery Bank, and 4 li'l buzzers attached in radial symmetry on the battery.  It does take off and fly but trying to come in for a landing if the vertical speed comes to close to zero it becomes intake deprived and drops like a rock.  I was hoping to make several smaller probes like this to use on a Laythe lander to gather science data from other biomes like a quad copter.

It will possibly NOT work as quadrocopter engine as it is. Hovering quadrocopter is like "permanently stalled" and in case of Li'l Buzzer stalling causes air deprivation.

The reason is very low intakeSpeed in ModuleResourceIntake which is mere 0.05. You can set it like around 5-10 and forget about air deprivation at all, though it will ruin the fragile engine balance. It's the dark side of mod independency from FireSpitter. 

Hm-m-m... Such a weird glitch. Skycrane parts still can't grab remote control connection even with ModuleDataTransmitter added.

You won't believe... The root of glitch appeared to be an odd string in ModuleGimbal!  :confused:

Patch 0.10.1.2 is out to solve the issue. 

Edited by Dr. Jet

Thanks Dr Jet.  I'm glad to have found something no one has yet.  Too bad on the li'l buzzer, it was such a simplistic design and would have given me an alternative to wheeled based explorers for my landers.  I'm not sure what you mean on the ModuleResourceIntake.  Is this for all parts requiring air intake or is it per part?  IE can this be set for the li'l buzzer only and still require the normal intake requirements for all other air breathing engines?  I've not looked into how mods work aside from where to put them to enjoy the work so many have put in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.