[1.5.x]Dr. Jet's Chop Shop v0.11.4.3 (20.10.2018)

Dr. Jet

1 hour ago, doggonemess said:

Can someone point me to an older version of this mod? I have an old craft that uses inlinechute.1t and I can't open it as the current Chop Shop doesn't include the part. That, or can someone tell me how to remove the chute without breaking the file?

Open your craft file and replace "InlineChute.1t" with "ChopShop.ChIn1" to achieve compatibility with new mod version. Older versions of mod won't work properly under KSP 1.3.x.

Edited by Dr. Jet

Greetings, there was a problem with DAS1 antenna, when remotetech is installed on the right mouse button there is no information about its power, does it work? thank you in advance. I apologize for my bad English

Oh yes, still installed SETI meta mod pack

Edited by miromed

5 hours ago, miromed said:

Greetings, there was a problem with DAS1 antenna, when remotetech is installed

My bad... Forgot to update appropriate ModuleManager files. Will fix in couple of days.

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

The opening heat shield got a texture issue.

After changing the color to black, when hovering over it with the mouse it switches to white.

Changing color? Didn't even know about that feature... Will look into the case but no promises.

Edited by Dr. Jet

v 0.11.0.3

Eng:

• Major debugging of compatibility patches. In theory should fix all compatibilities that were broken in 0.11.0.0. 

Expect breaking of crafts using SSP Mk2 and RoveMate XL. To fix crafts replace in your save and craft files "SSP.mk2" for "ChopShop.SSP2" and "roverBodyXL" for "ChopShop.RoverXL".
If you still have issues with SETI Overhaul - poke @Yemo to update ChopShop part names. I don't have access to his configs.

Rus:

• Полный дебаг патчей совместимости. По-идее должен починить все совместимости, сломанные в 0.11.0.0. 

Ожидаемы поломки крафтов, использующих УСП-2 и «Скиталец» XL. Для починки замените в файлах крафтов и сохранений "SSP.mk2" на "ChopShop.SSP2" и "roverBodyXL" на "ChopShop.RoverXL".
Если у вас всё ещё проблемы с SETI Overhaul - пинайте @Yemo, чтобы обновил имена модулей ChopShop-а. У меня нет доступа к его конфигам.

3 hours ago, CrashTestDanny said:

I updated my save file for the SSP Mk2, but am getting errors about ChopShop.SSP1 (which was already there).  Did the name of this part also get changed?

You use TweakScale, don't you? Game should not see ChopShop_SSP1 part when TweakScale is installed. Possible solution - delete /ChopShop/ModuleManager/TweakScale.cfg or just the section about SSP1 from it.

Edited by Dr. Jet

• 2 weeks later...

KSP v1.3, Dr Jet's CS v0.11.0.3 via CKAN

@Dr. Jet

I've been exploring your wonderful mod and have noticed a problem with the three solar panels (that no one else has mentioned so it must be my install).  In both the VAB and in flight, there are two command entries for extending/retracting the panels on the part context menus (VAB pics below).  The upper of the two entries seems to do nothing.  The lower one moves the panels.  There are also two "Status" lines associated with the parts which do update correctly with the menu selections.  I have AGX installed and even though I place both Toggle Panel commands in an action group, the panels don't move when the action group is triggered in flight.

No stock panels exhibit this behaviour.

For me, to reproduce:

1. Enter VAB,
  2. Place probe core and attach any Chop Shop solar panel.
  3. Right click on the solar panel.

I have removed and reinstalled the mod via CKAN with no change.  The smallest output log I could make is below, if it helps (started game, started save, went to VAB, created vessel with panels, exited game).

VAB Pictures

Output Log

8 hours ago, Brigadier said:

KSP v1.3, Dr Jet's CS v0.11.0.3 via CKAN

@Dr. Jet

I've been exploring your wonderful mod and have noticed a problem with the three solar panels (that no one else has mentioned so it must be my install).  In both the VAB and in flight, there are two command entries for extending/retracting the panels on the part context menus (VAB pics below).  The upper of the two entries seems to do nothing.  The lower one moves the panels. 

Upper button is a separate control for central rotator. SSPs are called double-axis panels for a reason. :wink: It does have an "animation" though - empty 5-seconds long sequence, but since it's empty - you can't actually see it - especially in VAB. Launch a craft with SSP into space, rotate it in sunlight and test controls to see how they affect panels behavior (remember 5 seconds lag for rotator).

Easiest way to control SSP with single click - assign both modules to one AG.

Edited by Dr. Jet

1 hour ago, Dr. Jet said:

Upper button is a separate control for central rotator. SSPs are called double-axis panels for a reason. :wink: It does have an "animation" though - empty 5-seconds long sequence, but since it's empty - you can't actually see it - especially in VAB. Launch a craft with SSP into space, rotate it in sunlight and test controls to see how they affect panels behavior (remember 5 seconds lag for rotator).

Easiest way to control SSP with single click - assign both modules to one AG.

Many thanks for the explanation; it makes sense.  I have a solar panel in orbit in the current save so I'll give it a go.  Five seconds - got it. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2017 at 9:39 AM, Brigadier said:

Many thanks for the explanation; it makes sense.  I have a solar panel in orbit in the current save so I'll give it a go.  Five seconds - got it. :)

Sorry I took so long to reply.  Of course, it works as advertised.

A note:  With RealChutes installed, the Segment Chute Base does not appear in the Parachutes category added by RealChutes.  I can see the argument for it not to belong but it probably should since it's fundamental to those parachutes types.  I don't know if it's a parameter/keyword you set in your mod or it is a characteristic in RealChutes.

If it's not yours, I will raise this in the RealChutes topic.

On 31.08.2017 at 11:39 PM, Brigadier said:

Sorry I took so long to reply.  Of course, it works as advertised.

A note:  With RealChutes installed, the Segment Chute Base does not appear in the Parachutes category added by RealChutes.  I can see the argument for it not to belong but it probably should since it's fundamental to those parachutes types.  I don't know if it's a parameter/keyword you set in your mod or it is a characteristic in RealChutes.

If it's not yours, I will raise this in the RealChutes topic.

Well... those are not RealChute-compatible. And never were. In fact they were made to replace RealChute with stock-friendly non-menu-tampering something. If you have RealChute installed - just ignore modular chutes and use procedural inline chutes instead.

• 3 weeks later...

hello I am missing a part on a craft file  "ChopShop.SSP1".  The post on the previous page said to replace the old part name with this new part name?  but my game tells me I am missing this new part so I am not sure what to do.

EDIT:  ah ok I found it.  in the tweakscale.cfg file it is calling it "ChopShop_SSP1small" so I replaced all instances of  "ChopShop.SSP1" in my craft file with "ChopShop_SSP1small" and all is well.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

• 4 weeks later...

v 0.11.0.4

• changed inline chute physical model for more realistic (off-center drag force)
  • entry costs for chutes
  • DDAS moved deeper into tech tree
  • CCT support (rover parts will show in rover category)
  • CTT support (some parts moved to another tech nodes)
  • localization files separated for easy use by potential new translators

RUS

v 0.11.0.4

• изменена физическая модель встраиваемого парашюта (смещён центр силы сопротивления воздуха)
  • включены стоимости изучения парашютов
  • Антенна ДДАС ушла глубже в дерево
  • Поддержка CCT (части роверов будут показаны в категории роверов)
  • Поддержка CTT (некотрые запчасти будут в новых узлах дерева)
  • разделены файлы перевода для удобства возможных будущих переводчиков

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2017 at 12:06 PM, Dr. Jet said:

All parts. They should now be seen as part of mod by their ID. 

Haven't try editing SAVE files, but for *.craft files it's surely possible. 

Let's pretend, you have a craft wich has only one part from my mod - SSP Mk1. Old ID was "SSP_mk1", though in the .craft file it is written as "SSP.mk1" (notice the dot in place of underscore). New ID is "ChopShop_SSP1", so you should replace all instances of "SSP.mk1" with "ChopShop.SSP1" and you'll have a loadable craft again.

Since KSP saves contain craft information in very similar format to .craft files, there is a good chance this method will work.

In the future, please kindly DO NOT touch the names of things. Breaking changes are bad. Thanks for making me manually update the files for 10+ craft.

2 hours ago, coolguy8445 said:

In the future, please kindly DO NOT touch the names of things. Breaking changes are bad. Thanks for making me manually update the files for 10+ craft.

That's normal KSP procedure. All underscores in part names (the internal name, not the name displayed in the game) get swapped for periods within the body of a .craft file or save game file. Why? Probably some 'feature' of Unity.

What I'd like to see is a program that can extract a craft from a save file, with a function to normalize the rotation. Being able to switch out a craft within a save, as long as the replacement has the same name, would also be useful. To avoid problems of craft getting damaged or destroyed, if the craft is tagged Landed, the swap would need to match the rotation and altitude and location of the root part. Wouldn't help much for replacing one that had a less than successful landing unless it allowed an upward altitude offset and orbital speed auto set to be stationary above ground.

What could be better? A parts swapper for craft files. Decide you need a structural fuselage in place of a LF tank buried in the middle of an airplane? It's a PITA to tear it apart and rebuild it. Switching it out with a text editor works, some of the time. When I've done that (when it worked) I had to leave the fuel entries set to zero, invisible, non-tweakable etc. Same as if the fuel stuff isn't there but it still hangs around in the craft file and save games.

Same deal for someone's plane I edited to replace the rocket LFO tank (emptied of oxidizer) with an LF fuselage to reduce weight and drastically improve endurance. Why build it around a rocket tank? 1.0.2 had the LF fuselage? No? https://kerbalx.com/Guard13007/GI-14-Mangle

That loads fine into 1.3.x, (and looks fabulous) gets even more agility with the thrust vectoring. I replaced the gear with the small ones to save weight, got rid of the drop tanks, replaced the tail connector with the pointy BDA radome then gave it a load of missiles. That made it a formidable aircraft, so I renamed it the "Mangler". :wink:

• 1 month later...

running vens stock revamp, I get a single error in this: "final_fix_stock_rover.cfg"

im sure its just a syntax issue. maybe the ! at "NEEDS[!VensStockRevamp] needs removal? that seemed a lil out of place :) I should read the syntax article for MM already...lol seems daunting right now tho

Spoiler

// This ModuleManager config assures that your stock rover body is stuffed and oriented properly.
// It also assures compatibility with Ven's Stock Part Revamp.

// Deleting stub part made for non-ModuleManager mod packs.

!PART[roverBody_fixed]{}

// Fixing stock part parameters

@PART[roverBody]:FOR[ChopShop]
{
@node_stack_bottom =  0.0, 0.0, -0.2241425, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 1
@node_stack_top =  0.0, 0.0, 0.2241425, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1
@mass = 0.3
@vesselType = Rover
@tags = #autoLOC_500351 cck-rovers

@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
 {
 @amount = 400
 @maxAmount = 400
 }
MODULE
 {
    name = ModuleReactionWheel
    PitchTorque = 1.5
    YawTorque = 0.5
    RollTorque = 1.5
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        rate = 0.2
    }
 }
}

// If Ven's Stock Part Revamp is not installed - use stock model.

@PART[roverBody]:FOR[ChopShop]:NEEDS[!VenStockRevamp]
{
!mesh
MODEL
 {
   model = Squad/Parts/Command/probeRoverBody/model
   rotation = 90, 180, 0
 }
}

// If Ven's Stock Part Revamp is installed  - use Ven's model.

@PART[roverBody]:FOR[ChopShop]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]
{
@MODEL
{
   rotation = 90, 180, 0
}
}

10 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

running vens stock revamp, I get a single error in this: "final_fix_stock_rover.cfg"

im sure its just a syntax issue. maybe the ! at "NEEDS[!VensStockRevamp] needs removal? that seemed a lil out of place :) I should read the syntax article for MM already...lol seems daunting right now tho

Well, that "!" makes a choice for the case when you DON'T have Ven's Revamp installed. What error exactly do you have? For most compatibility patches bugs I need feedback, as I'm not using that mods myself.

18 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

Well, that "!" makes a choice for the case when you DON'T have Ven's Revamp installed. What error exactly do you have? For most compatibility patches bugs I need feedback, as I'm not using that mods myself.

its an MM patch error during game load. thats why im thinking its prolly just a syntax thing. the only other thing I can think of off the top of my head, is if you take a look at the spoiler above, if vens isn't installed it points to squads model directory, however it doesn't have a directory for Vens model if we use that mod.

Edited by Jesusthebird
more information

23 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

its an MM patch error during game load. thats why im thinking its prolly just a syntax thing. the only other thing I can think of off the top of my head, is if you take a look at the spoiler above, if vens isn't installed it points to squads model directory, however it doesn't have a directory for Vens model if we use that mod.

Yes, IIRC, Ven's mod use it's own part replace patch, writing it's own model in place of Squad's.

And you still didn't specify the error...

Well... I'll just have to install Ven's Revamp myself and see...

What a bloatware... archive had grown up to 111 Mb in size since I used it last time...

Hm-m-m... It sure is a trouble, patch is not applied... Why?

A-ah... MM has changed syntax... again... Multiple pass specifiers are forbidden now... 

Let's try with AFTER only...

Yeah, It works... sorta... Applies only to smaller rover.

Added a micropatch to alter both.

Just one question before I update - what do you prefer to see as Ven's rover body FRONT - radiator (as Ven drew it) or a pair of what looks like flashlight slots (more plausible - real Curiosity rover has radiator for RTG on the back). For now it's a second option.

Edited by Dr. Jet