[1.5.x]Dr. Jet's Chop Shop v0.11.4.3 (20.10.2018)

Dr. Jet

There is NO error. Spacedock archive has it exactly as it should be. Tested right now.

To implement unrecommended modification (always active central rotator) you should change to 

//	animationName = ssp1_rotator
	sunTracking = true

It that more clear? 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

With update 1.5 finally fixing the stock rover rotation... should I still keep MM config that adds some more batteries and reaction wheels to it? 

Maybe include it as an optional install? Some people may be used to it and miss it if it went, while others may be happy to use the new system.

Ok, I'll make it a separate part then. XL one will remain of course, I already re-configured it.

Nevermind. I remembered how I did it before. A substitute part that was deleted in presence of ModuleManager.

Edited by Dr. Jet

v 0.11.4.2
Eng:

• Updated stock rover patch for KSP 1.5.1 changes.
  • Made controls for SSP rotator and SSP panels have different text (KSP 1.5.x allows it finally).
  • Added new impact resistances and wind resistance (where it was missing) for all SSPs.

Rus:

• Обновил патч стокового ровера с учётом изменений KSP 1.5.1.
  • Сделал разный текст для управления ротором и панелями УСП (KSP 1.5.x наконец-то это позволяет).
  • Добавил новые параметры удароустойчивости и параметр ветроустойчивости (где он был пропущен) для всех УСП.

49 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

I have no problem, it's deleted in the latest release.

Huh. "Expected part not found." You don't consider that a problem?

But as I said, it's fine here:

ddas1.png

Not deleted, sitting in the folder exactly the same place as before, .cfg file is identical to previous release.

56 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@JH4C well, https://github.com/doktorjet/ChopShop/commit/7928e6c8a9e3b1cf6f951dd6df582d4e9566f8d3

So downloading the latest master repo it's gone.

Which means that Spacedock is not sync to Github - and confusing.

Don't scare me. It's in place. https://github.com/doktorjet/ChopShop/tree/master/GameData/ChopShop/Utility/DDAS

That was a duplicate that was deleted before.

BTW, better use Spacedock or CKAN. Github instance is there for possible pull requests, not for downloads. I don't even have release packs there.

Edited by Dr. Jet

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Out of curiosity - what editor are you using for the readme.txt file?  (It's in some oddball text format that I can't identify - I can read the English text just fine, but the Russian text never looks right.)

Notepad++ for all text-based files including .cfg.

But keep in mind, those are UTF8, not Win1251.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Jet said:

Notepad++ for all text-based files including .cfg.

But keep in mind, those are UTF8, not Win1251.

It's not UTF8, at least by the time I get to it.  I get warnings when I try to open it in that encoding, and I get missing characters.  (The missing characters could be a font issue.)  That's why I asked.  I tried ISO-Latin-1, Windows-Latin-1, Mac OS Roman, DOS Russian, Windows-Latin-2, and a few others.  I wonder what's mangling it.

• 2 months later...

Hello, so I've uninstalled this mod because I cleaned out my GameData folder. And the crafts that come with the mod stay. So I tried to manually uninstall all Chop Shop files, restarted KSP, made a new same, and they were still there. If I could get some help with this that'd be really epic.

Crafts are installed by CKAN to the /Ships, not to the /Saves/YourSaveName/Ships. One really should not uninstall by deleting whole /GameData/. Use CKAN instead for clean process.

Edited by Dr. Jet

• 1 month later...

The Manned Rover Mk1 seems to have an issue.  I can't reboard.  This is the latest CKAN install in 1.6.1.  I can EVA out, but when I try and get back in I'm stopped some distance away by an invisible wall and I can't get to the door or ladder to trigger F or B.  In the screenshot I'm trying to walk toward the rover body but stopped in place.

https://imgur.com/Mmy1wEE

Tried to embed the image but the forums won't seem to let me.

On 3/16/2019 at 7:33 AM, DoubleUU said:

The Manned Rover Mk1 seems to have an issue.  I can't reboard.  This is the latest CKAN install in 1.6.1.  I can EVA out, but when I try and get back in I'm stopped some distance away by an invisible wall and I can't get to the door or ladder to trigger F or B.  In the screenshot I'm trying to walk toward the rover body but stopped in place.

https://imgur.com/Mmy1wEE

Tried to embed the image but the forums won't seem to let me.

Was it an issue before 1.6.x? Do you have the same problem with MRR Mk2? 

It could be an issue if ladder or hatch colliders were not assigned to Part Trigger layer... But they ARE assigned. And a model has not changed since May 2018.

I've

On 3/20/2019 at 10:55 AM, Dr. Jet said:

Was it an issue before 1.6.x? Do you have the same problem with MRR Mk2? 

It could be an issue if ladder or hatch colliders were not assigned to Part Trigger layer... But they ARE assigned. And a model has not changed since May 2018.

I've never used this mod before so I only have it in 1.6.1.  I actually learned about it not long ago watching an old Scott Manley livestream where he used some of the parts or mentioned them or something.  Anyway, the Mk2 works fine.  I built a workaround using the extendable airlock attached to the back.  Kinda hokey but it allows the kerbal to get back in if I extend it and transfer them first.

Edited by DoubleUU

It seems that ladder collider was somehow broken. Re-building part from Unity PartTools does not fix it... :(

Fully re-imported and re-tweaked and... it seems fixed. :cool:

Try this file: https://github.com/doktorjet/ChopShop/blob/master/GameData/ChopShop/Rovers/MRR/mrr2.mu

If it will work for you - i'll put it in the patch.

Edited by Dr. Jet

1 hour ago, Dr. Jet said:

It seems that ladder collider was somehow broken. Re-building part from Unity PartTools does not fix it... :(

Fully re-imported and re-tweaked and... it seems fixed. :cool:

Try this file: https://github.com/doktorjet/ChopShop/blob/master/GameData/ChopShop/Rovers/MRR/mrr2.mu

If it will work for you - i'll put it in the patch.

Isn't that the file for the Mk2 rover?  I tried that file but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the Mk1 issue I'm having.  In this shot I climbed up the track and the side to stand on top of the problem.

VU1BuMv.jpg

I just remembered that I had a brain and decided to think outside the box (haha!) and check out the mrr.mu file instead of being a robot.  I noticed it had been updated recently and voila!  It works.  Thanks!  Awesome mod, btw.