Crawler...

It will be awesome when you launched a rocket (VAB) it would be a cutscene while loading where the rocket is getting transported to the launchpad on a crawler like vehicle.

When launching planes (SPH) they would tax to the runway

However it would be kinda ugly to see a car/VTOL tax so thats why i think we need a garage and a VTOL pad.

This *sounds* like a good idea and indeed it would look cool the first few times. However it would get seriously old really fast.

Whats funnier, seeing a freezed loading screen or a plane / rocket getting to its launch location

Whats funnier, seeing a freezed loading screen or a plane / rocket getting to its launch location

i like the quiet loading screen. i shift+tab to the steam browser and peruse the forums here.

That's cool idea, even if its just a really short cutscene that takes up the length of the loading screen... you could have it look from different camera angles every time to break it up a bit.

That's cool idea, even if its just a really short cutscene that takes up the length of the loading screen... you could have it look from different camera angles every time to break it up a bit.

Yes, but it would have to load the cutscene as well. It would just be eye-candy, and making it take longer to load.

Yes, but it would have to load the cutscene as well. It would just be eye-candy, and making it take longer to load.

I meant just some generic cutscene that would load up at the start of the game... But if it was to show your ship it would still have to load something... Not sure. I like the screenshot idea still though, makes loading screens less boring.

I would object to this if it were part of every mission. If it were to play during game load (not save load or launch pad load) then I wouldn't mind watching it.

I concur with this - an in-game cutscene would be added tedium / annoyance.

I would like to suggest something that I have wanted to see in KSP for a while.

And that is seeing your assembled rocket driven from the VAB to the launchpad. I think it would greatly add to the aspects of a space program and also might allow you to test the general stability of your rockets while they are being moved, instead of appearing out of nowhere on the launchpad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.