Rant: People who immediately dislike a game because it looks like another

Misterspork

I saw on the recent trailer posted for KSP people who said things like:

This looks exactly like Spore......

Except Spore had more features

and 'So basically it\'s like Eve but without the fun'

And unrelated to KSP, the Yogscast\'s video of 3079, everyone hated it because it looked like Minecraft. It is actually a really cool RPG/sandbox game nothing like Minecraft.

And many other examples.

What I am saying is, people, don\'t be ignorant and assume a game is a ripoff because it looks similar. KSP as we all know is an amazing game so much better than ESPECIALLY Spore and in most\'s opinion Eve too.

Assuming things like this can leave you out of amazing communities and games and make you look like an idiot to the people who play the game.

I\'m prefectly fine with people having that reaction.

Those kind of people have no patience to learn how to play this game and would be the type to spam the forums with

'HOW DO I GET INTO SPACE??!?!?!??!'

and other stuff.

On top of which, given KSP\'s current buggy situation, it really is ideal a large number of people don\'t see it yet.

I don\'t mean to be rude. You just have to remember that first impressions are a lot. And to people that aren\'t totally into space/physics, they won\'t see any potential in the finished project, which is a true shame.

i was like meh, it don\'t look all that special, but i gave it a go. that has to be one of the best things i ever did, because 1) kerbal is awesome, with tons of potential. 2) the forums introduced me to MLP :FIM. bit sad, but i was also like meh, it don\'t look all that special, and see where we are now. i hate on those that hate on games before they try. i always try before i sway to love or hate. im neutral on everything until i do it.

It\'s funny cause these people who are saying this are the same exact people who come up and say things like they don\'t know how to play or, more famously, 'It\'s too complicated!'.

Not that it\'s a bad thing. I mean we\'re all here to help. Just proves a point that before you open your mouth and insert your foot you may want to rethink your ideas on things.

-Drakomis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.