[WIP] - Magic Smoke Industries Station Parts (Infernal Robotics required)

sirkut

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to post in here to let people know I've continued this idea in the IR Model Rework. Still in alpha and not the same scale as these ones, but may be useful for some applications: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65365-WIP-MSI-s-Infernal-Robotics-Model-Rework-%2828-04-2015%29-On-Hiatus?p=2249445&viewfull=1#post2249445

• 1 month later...

Sorry to necro this, but I guess I am unclear as to whether these Station Parts (the hubs), were merged into either the MSI IR Rework & Expansion pack, or the Magic Smoke Ind. Infernal Robotics...???

I dont see folders for them in either of those packs, unless maybe the Station Parts were renamed?...???

• 2 months later...

My download does not work. Can you please fix it? Right now it says: 

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVEd
The server at www. can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2016 at 1:22 PM, LordCelestia said:

My download does not work. Can you please fix it? Right now it says: 

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVEd
The server at www. can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.

Is this available anywhere else?

Peace.

5 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Is this available anywhere else?

Peace.

36 minutes ago, ZodiusInfuser said:

Not that I'm aware of. The reason it is no longer available is because the moderators removed all mediafire links. This just happened to be one of them. Hopefully @sirkut sees this and can upload it to Curse/Spacedock.

Well, what do you know.  I found a copy in my previous version mod download folder.  Sorted!

But I do hope that it gets picked up and developed/updated!

Peace.

EDIT - I found it in my .90 mods, and loading it 1.05 the core (spindle equivalent from DSEV) has its attachment nodes in need of doing whatever nodes need dealing with after a particular ksp upgrade in the past.

Edited by theJesuit
updating the usefulness of the mod in 1.05.

• 2 months later...

I reuploaded the file IR_StationParts.zip (SHA1 8855b757541dae469f8896ae8c97a2dbbd956892) to dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9e1memtpaxk2xth/IR_StationParts.zip?dl=1

EDIT:

I included the suggestion from next post by @tsaven
and by @BigFatStupidHead

I also enforcened

crashTolerance = 999
breakingForce = 999
breakingTorque = 999

just to be sure ... :wink:

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an FYI to anyone else using this mod, the Ring component will not show up in any Career or Science games because it's missing the Tech Level information in the cfg file (the hub component shows up fine).  Adding the following lines into the ringstandard.cfg file will get them to show up in the parts list:

TechRequired = start
entryCost = 0

• 4 weeks later...

@Spotter5

There are a few other Rotating Habitat pieces out there. Porkjet's Habitat pack has a Centrifuge, but it's out of date and it's not a space station ring. Kerbalism has a Gravity Ring, but that's a big mod for one part.

--

The ring should just slide over the core. Place the core first, then then fit the ring over the core. Try coming at the core  from either the top or the bottom (sliding down or sliding up) with the ring.

Welcome to the forums by the way.:)

• 3 weeks later...
On 16-06-2016 at 3:08 PM, Spotter5 said:

Thank you :)

Ive tried sliding it in all sorts of ways but it just won't go :huh: will check out that other mod too as I like all the cool stuff modders do. 

FYI: because this mod uses old nodes, you'll need to flip the ring upside-down to attach it to the hub.

3 minutes ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

FYI: because this mod uses old nodes, you'll need to flip the ring upside-down to attach it to the hub.

And then to attach something to the bottom of the hub, you'll have to flip it around to attach it clipped inside the hub, and then use the Rotate tool to spin it back around.

Out of curiosity, what would it take to fix this?  Is it something in the model itself, or is it a matter of (properly) editing the config files Node lines?

Just now, tsaven said:

And then to attach something to the bottom of the hub, you'll have to flip it around to attach it clipped inside the hub, and then use the Rotate tool to spin it back around.

Out of curiosity, what would it take to fix this?  Is it something in the model itself, or is it a matter of (properly) editing the config files Node lines?

It's in the nodes config. I'm looking up what I need to do, and I'll post it when I find it. If no-one beats me to it, that is!

1 minute ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

It's in the nodes config. I'm looking up what I need to do, and I'll post it when I find it. If no-one beats me to it, that is!

If you can get it working properly, I wonder if we could get in touch with SirKut and get it officially tagged as 1.1.3 compatible, and maybe get it Indexed.  Sure would be nice to have on CKAN.

There's also the couple lines that need to be added to the ringstandard.cfg file that I mentioned a few posts up that are required for it to show up in Career or Science games.

1 hour ago, tsaven said:

I think the ring might be fine, as long as the nodes on the core get flipped 180

Right you are.

So then, alter the corresponding lines in corestandard.cfg to read

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.925, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_middle = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

Voila. Fully compatible and functioning, as far as I can tell.

Edited by BigFatStupidHead
node_stack_middle needs flipping too!

4 hours ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

Right you are.

So then, alter the corresponding lines in corestandard.cfg to read

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.925, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_middle = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

Voila. Fully compatible and functioning, as far as I can tell.

Oh, I forgot I did that (I'm using a customized version I made a few months ago). Whoops, sorry.

Middle node might not matter it's orientation, since it's, you know, in the middle.

The annoying thing is though, this part (or one of them at least) doesn't get picked up by the IR category filter (not having a MuMech toggle and all).

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

Oh, I forgot I did that (I'm using a customized version I made a few months ago). Whoops, sorry.

Middle node might not matter it's orientation, since it's, you know, in the middle.

The annoying thing is though, this part (or one of them at least) doesn't get picked up by the IR category filter (not having a MuMech toggle and all).

By inverting the middle node, the IR ring can be attached without flipping it first.

• 9 months later...
On 27.5.2016 at 6:10 PM, tsaven said:

Just as an FYI to anyone else using this mod, the Ring component will not show up in any Career or Science games because it's missing the Tech Level information in the cfg file (the hub component shows up fine).  Adding the following lines into the ringstandard.cfg file will get them to show up in the parts list:

TechRequired = start
entryCost = 0

Better late than never, I changed that inside the linked IR_StationParts.zip at

ofc the SHA1 is changed now

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.