So I got KSP on Steam...

moeggz

... and while I'm not new to KSP I am to steam. Just seeing if anyone else played on both steam and, uh, on "not steam" to tell me if there was any difference beyond that steam counts your hours and auto updates. Thanks and Cheers!

No, there is no difference between the steam version and the KSP store version other than what you said "counts your hours and auto updates" there is not a difference at all, that and maybe where the game files are located but you can always copy and move them if you wish. Have fun!!

Thanks Spartwo and austin4050! This probably means I'll just switch over to my steam copy then so I know how many hours I have logged in the game. :)

Thanks Spartwo and austin4050! This probably means I'll just switch over to my steam copy then so I know how many hours I have logged in the game. :)

Yeah I like looking at my hours!! although sadly I didn't do it eairler is sad, i probably have 100+ hours but it only shows 24 :( I waited forever to move it to steam. You know after I became a *cough* pro *cough* at it :D Have fun!!

Yeah I like looking at my hours!! although sadly I didn't do it eairler is sad, i probably have 100+ hours but it only shows 24 :( I waited forever to move it to steam. You know after I became a *cough* pro *cough* at it :D Have fun!!

Yeah when I heard KSP was on sale I figured being able to know how much time I had in the game was worth another fifteen dollars, heck the next update is worth fifteen dollars :)

The screenshot key appears to be overridden by Steam settings (F12) instead of what's listed in the wiki or the Settings screen (F1) for me. Or maybe they both work and I just don't know where KSP itself stores the shots.

Other than that, no functional difference.

I like the Steam overlay were I can take pictures and instantly upload them, however Shift+Tab to bring up the overlay is a bad idea as it throttles up in game..

You can change the key combination in steam.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.