Paper Space Program 1.8 (KSP Rocket Parts papercraft)

arc5555

Does... does it fly?

Speaking of which, I'm STILL waiting for someone to make a model rocket out of this stuff. Maybe I shall take the challenge...

Dunno, does it? Got the center of lift from ksp and measured the center of mass irl:

tityp1N.jpg

I figure the com is a bit too far ahead since there is no fuel in the back. And those aren't real wings at all, just plates XD. On the other hand if you define flying as flipping through the air, then yes of course. :D

I nearly did that model rocket thing last new year (had an idea to stick a firework inside a srb) but didn't end up having enough time and the safety was questionable at best lol. :P

Could I place a request for some new parts once you've finished the stock ones? I'm going to make my science rover, but I could do with some parts from KIS. Could you please consider it?

Also, the Mystery Goo Canister has been rescaled to 0.6. Just thought you ought to know.

Could I place a request for some new parts once you've finished the stock ones? I'm going to make my science rover, but I could do with some parts from KIS. Could you please consider it?

Also, the Mystery Goo Canister has been rescaled to 0.6. Just thought you ought to know.

Of course you can :) I've rescaled the Mystery Goo Container successfully :D

- - - Updated - - -

I am actively working on one.

Oh wow , i can't wait to see that :D

Was very productive today , managed to recreate service bays out of scrap ; gonna mess with some parts such as new fuel tanks and hopefully i will release the new update tomorrow :D Unfortunately there will be no new landing gears , but i'll find a way to unfold them all :cool:

3259eh8pyb8g2gazg.jpg

Was very productive today , managed to recreate service bays out of scrap ; gonna mess with some parts such as new fuel tanks and hopefully i will release the new update tomorrow :D Unfortunately there will be no new landing gears , but i'll find a way to unfold them all :cool:

Good job, these bays look great, just one suggestion from my side, wouldn't this type of joint be more structurally sound and easier to build?

QvhzTSw.png

Good job, these bays look great, just one suggestion from my side, wouldn't this type of joint be more structurally sound and easier to build?

http://i.imgur.com/QvhzTSw.png

Well , yes :blush: I'll re-do the detail right now :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Just uploaded all the new parts except landing gears and a xenon tank on Box :) Tomorrow i'll update the front page , right now i'm too tired to do this :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to MoffKalast for this really good suggestion :)

BTW , I've fixed the Low-res Mk3 spaceplane parts :D

Edited by arc5555

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I just had to bump this, this is incredible! Repped!

You have made so many possibilities with this..

A question though, where can you find the 1.25 m LFO tanks in the category (if they're available?)

Sorry, I just had to bump this, this is incredible! Repped!

You have made so many possibilities with this..

A question though, where can you find the 1.25 m LFO tanks in the category (if they're available?)

Thank you :) To find the 1.25m tanks you just go to Stock Parts > Propulsion > Liquid Fuel Tanks and find the "FL-T Series Fuel Tanks & 2 caps" on the second page .

So the end of the school year is approaching, and I'm thinking of making a proper paper rocket when it ends. I'm thinking 3.75m parts for the first stage with a Rhino engine, then a Skipper stage and an Orion style service module.

But I'd like to try and make the stages seperable. Does anyone know a good way to temporarly connect the stages? (besides a snug fit or magnets)

EDIT:

CtiTk5B.png

Nevermind this design is kinda meh. It wobbles in-game and it probably wouldn't hold together irl either. Anyone got any good simple (but big haha) designs? :P

Edited by MoffKalast

Does anyone know a good way to temporarly connect the stages? (besides a snug fit or magnets)

Considered thinking up a crude twist-locking mechanism? I would try to get one going myself, but I have enough attention span with the stuff I actually need done.

Best I can think of at the moment, you'd have to think up a way of neatly and subtly getting it on onto an existing part. And convincing the connections to not fall apart when tugged on.

Yeah, don't bet too much on it, though. My main thought at the moment is how to make it sturdy enough that it doesn't just snap off after a tug.

Thicker paper for that part maybe?

I had been thinking about magnets too, but now that skykooler mentions it, velcro might be a better idea. It's maybe not as clean as magnets or twist-locking, but it'll work. Four smallish strong velcro patches 90° apart should hold the pieces together even when twisted.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.