Paper Space Program 1.8 (KSP Rocket Parts papercraft)

arc5555

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little confused. I want to try making some of these, but I can't find out if they're all the same size now... Are they? If not, can you please try to update it? Thanks. Awesome work here, and I can't wait to try it.

I'm a little confused. I want to try making some of these, but I can't find out if they're all the same size now... Are they? If not, can you please try to update it? Thanks. Awesome work here, and I can't wait to try it.

All the parts are the same size if you print them separately , but some of the older images have a bit bigger size than the new ones , so if you will copy and paste any part from any image to another their sizes might depend . Hope i've answered your question :)

• 1 month later...
I'd like to combine a solid fuel booster with a firework :D
Dude, I am so doing that for this new year!
OMG , you must make a video :D

So its about time to start this project... but there's a bit of a problem. SRBs are flat on the top and real life has, you know, FAR (it would probably flip over in a second). I was thinking about a Rockomax rocket stack, maybe something like this:

j2nlptO.png

Printing it out in the max possible size my printer can handle and lining the interior with cardbord should help with stability, but I'm not sure how to prevent flipping in flight.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: It seems the max diameter I can print the 2,5m parts at is about 8cm. Not all that huge but not small either. And yes I have absolutley no idea on how to put a firework into a mainsail engine haha

Edited by MoffKalast

So its about time to start this project... but there's a bit of a problem. SRBs are flat on the top and real life has, you know, FAR (it would probably flip over in a second). I was thinking about a Rockomax rocket stack, maybe something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/j2nlptO.png

Printing it out in the max possible size my printer can handle and lining the interior with cardbord should help with stability, but I'm not sure how to prevent flipping in flight.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: It seems the max diameter I can print the 2,5m parts at is about 8cm. Not all that huge but not small either. And yes I have absolutley no idea on how to put a firework into a mainsail engine haha

Lol , i hope you'll come up with some ideas :D

Hello.

So I just stumbled over this thread and went through it, and I must say, you did some amazing work here arc5555. Thanks for keeping this alive for others and regularly updating.

So I was planning on building one of these myself. Upond reading through this thread someone stumbled over a problem with different image sizings. You mention that in the top post too. Now I understand, that these images are different sizes. But what I don't get is, what the correct scaling is. Are these all in-scale to each other, so if I copy a part from one thing to another, they are in scale? Or are they all scaled to the paper size?

Thanks,

PistonMiner.

Hi, I really love what you are doing here.

Sadly, I totally suck at pepakura paperworks (tried Halo Props some time ago) I get crazy from all the cutting and fiddling.

Luckly, I've got a 3D printer!

I totally love making models and props, especially from KSP and I modelled a high res model of the LV-30 and the basic jet engine some time ago and printed them, they came out awesome!

To cut to the point, it would take a sh*tload of time to model all of my favourite parts from KSP from blurry pics from the internet, which is time i sadly dont have.

I tried NinjaRipper but it doesnt seem to quite work and since you already have so many parts ripped, you must have some 3d model files laying around right? could you please post some 3d files somewhere and give me the download link? (only 3d models please, no color textures)

I hope to hear from you soon,

Kind Regards,

D de Waard

Hi, I really love what you are doing here.

Sadly, I totally suck at pepakura paperworks (tried Halo Props some time ago) I get crazy from all the cutting and fiddling.

Luckly, I've got a 3D printer!

I totally love making models and props, especially from KSP and I modelled a high res model of the LV-30 and the basic jet engine some time ago and printed them, they came out awesome!

To cut to the point, it would take a sh*tload of time to model all of my favourite parts from KSP from blurry pics from the internet, which is time i sadly dont have.

I tried NinjaRipper but it doesnt seem to quite work and since you already have so many parts ripped, you must have some 3d model files laying around right? could you please post some 3d files somewhere and give me the download link? (only 3d models please, no color textures)

I hope to hear from you soon,

Kind Regards,

D de Waard

Hello ! I've had some .3ds models of the parts, but not all of them . Here's a <link>

Good luck with printing :D

Hi,

Here I am again,

Thanks for taking the time but most of the files don't show the models. only 2 of the files actually showed the 3d models, the others just showed 2 stacks of triangles with space in between what i think is the VAB? and further on nothing.

You numbered the folders 0.1-0.8 and 1.0 and the files in the folders a.3DS b.3DS c.3DS and so on, only 0.1 a.3DS and b.3DS showed models, among which were the mk1 commandpod, poodle engine, mainsail and some fueltanks and adapters.

If you have the time, could you please take a closer look?

Thanks.

(opened in sketchup)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.