Paper Space Program 1.8 (KSP Rocket Parts papercraft)

arc5555

Dunno, does it? Got the center of lift from ksp and measured the center of mass irl:

http://i.imgur.com/tityp1N.jpg

I figure the com is a bit too far ahead since there is no fuel in the back. And those aren't real wings at all, just plates XD. On the other hand if you define flying as flipping through the air, then yes of course. :D

I nearly did that model rocket thing last new year (had an idea to stick a firework inside a srb) but didn't end up having enough time and the safety was questionable at best lol. :P

Plates are wings. It's just that the wings have a neutral Angle of Attack relative to the fuselage. You point it slightly up from prograde and hey presto! Plate becomes a wing. The same thing happens with structural plates in KSP, which can be used as wings.

Plates are wings. It's just that the wings have a neutral Angle of Attack relative to the fuselage. You point it slightly up from prograde and hey presto! Plate becomes a wing. The same thing happens with structural plates in KSP, which can be used as wings.

Well yeah, but I meant wings as in things that are shaped in a way that creates a high pressure below it and low above it (aka squashed teardrop shape).

That will look great, MoffKalast. I specially want to see how the KR-2L will look like. Also, are you planning on making the stages separable?

Yep, indeed I am, the boosters from the first stage, the command module from the first stage and the escape tower from the command module. :)

I didn't really start working on it yet, had a little change of plans and made a model of a ship from my game first, which took me these last two days. I'm getting around to it anytime now. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Hello ! I'm fond of your project but there is a little problem : some parts doesn't have got the same size; for example, the TR-18A Decoupler is bigger than RT-10 Solid Fuel Booster so it's problematic : can you repair this problem ?

An another question : will you make the KSC in papercraft ?

Thank you ! :D

PS : I'm very sorry if my english is bad, I'm french ;)

Well , there might be some problems with the sizes so i'll check these parts.
Unfortunately i haven't got much time to work on the papercrafts right now so i don't think that i'll unfold the KSC any time soon :(
upd/ resized RT-5 and RT-10 boosters :)
[quote name='Fine33']Hello ! I'm fond of your project but there is a little problem : some parts doesn't have got the same size; for example, the TR-18A Decoupler is bigger than RT-10 Solid Fuel Booster so it's problematic : can you repair this problem ?

An another question : will you make the KSC in papercraft ?

Thank you ! :D

PS : I'm very sorry if my english is bad, I'm french ;)[/QUOTE] Edited by arc5555

[quote name='arc5555']Well , there might be some problems with the sizes so i'll check these parts.
Unfortunately i haven't got much time to work on the papercrafts right now so i don't think that i'll unfold the KSC any time soon :(
upd/ resized RT-5 and RT-10 boosters :)[/QUOTE]

Ok thank you very much ! There is also other parts like S1 SRB-KD25k1-2 and TurboJet Engine, but I understand if you haven't got time to resize all the parts :wink:

Thank you very much for all your work ! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/17/2016 at 7:35 PM, Andem said:

PLZ Add Near Future parts to this...

There is a way to make modded parts, check the OP.

On 6/21/2016 at 1:00 AM, MoffKalast said:

So now it's like a year later and noone has made anything new yet? Smh.

I'm planning to make a rover to transport chocolates and pretzels across the table at my birthday party in about 2 months.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:00 AM, MoffKalast said:

So now it's like a year later and noone has made anything new yet? Smh.

I tried my hand at it today. I'm not very good at it, though.

This is the first rocket I ever made in KSP. Four parts, parachute, pod, decoupler, booster. Way back in 0.19.

r6FV5He.jpg

On 6/29/2016 at 11:37 PM, Ultimate Steve said:

I'm not very good at it, though.

You might have used a tad bit too much of duck tape.

Might.

Seriously though, I'd recommend using any type of glue over duck tape when making models if you have the option.

This is just awesome :D. I have always wanted to make one of my KSP crafts out of paper.

It's going to be a bit of a challenge tough, to create one of my planes out of paper cause:

1. the pack doesn't include all the newest parts.

2. recreating piles of clipped/rotated parts would be a total nightmare.

But, i do have one aircraft that is possible to make, and it's an old one. It's the Fouglas FC-8, my oldest SCA aircraft and the first commercial aircraft i made after the new MK-3 parts by @Porkjet arrived.

And yes, it has survived to this day, and still works, tough it has been updated by quite a bit.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=362949279

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=362948569

Those are links to the original version. The orbiter riding on top, that is the other survivor from those days.

And below are picks of the new version.

I believe, that after its built, it will be the biggest papermodel i've ever made (i have built dozens of papermodels before), even bigger than the mighty B-36 Piecemaker model from Fiddlers Green.

It will propably be about 5 A-4's in length (about 1 meter) and about the same in width. But i like making big papermodels, rather than tiny little postcard sized micromodels.

I plan on making it as close to the original as possible. That means, that im going to make new version of the static landing gears that i had on the original, that where built using a lot of struts and ruggedized wheels, with some hidden landing gears to make it all work.

This time i might make them out of I-beams tough.

And to save space, it's going to have removable main wings and elevators.

I might end up making the orbiter as well, but i'm not sure. I would be more keen on making a fighter jet of some kind, or maby a MK-2 SSTO.

Again, if im going to build something out of those parts, it basically can't have any clipped or rotated parts, or otherwise its going to make it really difficult to make all those part fit correctly. But it would be doable.

If i can make a suggestion, i would absolutely love to see the prop engines from @keptin KAX pack getting turned into papermodels. Or even some of the prop engines from @Lack SXT pack.

Anyway. Keep up the good work :wink:.

2 hours ago, MoffKalast said:

Might.

Seriously though, I'd recommend using any type of glue over duck tape when making models if you have the option.

After a bit of practice, you can get pretty good results using crystal tape.

Here's is one example.

toCwmyb.jpg

It's a model of the Airforce One from Paper-Replika, made using crystal tape and scissors and nothing else. Well, it does have a couple cocktail sticks in there to keep the wings straight.

It was made in one day. And that is the main reason i use tape over glue. I don't have to spend hours waiting for glue to dry, and i don't have spend hours cutting all the tiny glue tabs, i can instead jut ignore them. it speeds up the process by a ton, leaving me time for other things while still producing good results.

But, Making micromodels and other models with really tiny details, is a bit difficult. but not impossible.

I do use hot glue for attaching some parts: like wheels, antennas and gunbarrels tough.

Because those things just won't stay on/straight when using tape, it also looks pretty horrid in some cases.

• 2 years later...
On 10/22/2014 at 4:49 AM, arc5555 said:

These are the flaps . You use them to glue to the parts together :) I think you should take a look at this tutorial

Plz! Plz! Plz! Plz tell me where to get the printouts as a downloadable for this epicness.Image result for ksp mk3 printed on paper

On 7/5/2016 at 2:00 AM, MoffKalast said:

Might.

That isint duck tape!

On 7/26/2015 at 4:25 AM, FishInferno said:

Exactly what it sounds like :wink:

htfb0y.jpg

You cereal?

17 hours ago, Ryan.Bayguzin said:

Plz! Plz! Plz! Plz tell me where to get the printouts as a downloadable for this epicness.Image result for ksp mk3 printed on paper

That isint duck tape!

You cereal?

Gime it! Gime it!

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.