Paper Space Program 1.8 (KSP Rocket Parts papercraft)

arc5555

When it comes to the landing legs you have to get a little creative. There's only 4 actual parts from the pattern that would work as intended. Some stuff had to be cut from the design and the copious amounts of glue to hold everything in place. I just really wanted to have a model of my standard lander.

Hope not to mess so hard with other landing legs :)

Hope not to mess so hard with other landing legs :)

The landing gear is just so small at this scale that it's going to be difficult to work with regardless. Unfortunately, the scale you have it set in is pretty much perfect for desktop models, so it's unavoidable.

What I would LOVE to see is a papercraft model of a kerbal. You have a 'flat' one in the small capsule, but a larger sized one (not to scale of the ship) for putting on my desk would be great. :D Maybe one of Jeb, Bob, and Bill... Or just Jeb, but everyone has a favorite. Amazing work on the rocket parts and such a fun idea! Bringing 'to life' something you created in-game is such a fun project.

Still, I think we all would LOVE to be able to have a paper Kerbal watching over us. Maybe one of each 'kind': engineers, etc.

*edit: new info* I did see the 'magnificent paper kerbal', but it seems a bit much work compared to the rocket parts. I may check out that project, though, in lieu of there not being a 'simpler' paper kerbal project.

Edited by yithpistol

What I would LOVE to see is a papercraft model of a kerbal. You have a 'flat' one in the small capsule, but a larger sized one (not to scale of the ship) for putting on my desk would be great. :D Maybe one of Jeb, Bob, and Bill... Or just Jeb, but everyone has a favorite. Amazing work on the rocket parts and such a fun idea! Bringing 'to life' something you created in-game is such a fun project.

Still, I think we all would LOVE to be able to have a paper Kerbal watching over us. Maybe one of each 'kind': engineers, etc.

*edit: new info* I did see the 'magnificent paper kerbal', but it seems a bit much work compared to the rocket parts. I may check out that project, though, in lieu of there not being a 'simpler' paper kerbal project.

Personally I don't think the one he put together looks too difficult as long as it comes with instructions and color coded tabs like you find on papercraft websites. This would require a great deal of work on Arc's end and he's already doing a lot to put as many parts together as he can.

Hi! Is there any chance you could throw the files onto dropbox or mega? Mediafire wants me to pay to download more than one file at once, and downloading each individually would take a while. I do want to build a papercraft ship, though!

I will do it asap , i wanted to do it a couple days ago but i didn't know that mediafire won't allow me to download all the files at the same time

Actually i have them back home , but not with me

Darn, well I'm looking forward to when you can post these things... I bought some nice hard paper to print out some of my favourite early ships :-D

This is really cool. Cudos to you for making this, I had thought about this being a cool idea a year ago when i made some minecraft building blocks and items/characters using sticker print paper and foam board for my son to build with. I may try and implement this using sheet aluminum (like with coke cans) and printing the papercraft modules onto translucent/matte sticker paper to transfer to the metal pieces...this would also be great for making the landing gears and smaller items such as struts.

This is really cool. Cudos to you for making this, I had thought about this being a cool idea a year ago when i made some minecraft building blocks and items/characters using sticker print paper and foam board for my son to build with. I may try and implement this using sheet aluminum (like with coke cans) and printing the papercraft modules onto translucent/matte sticker paper to transfer to the metal pieces...this would also be great for making the landing gears and smaller items such as struts.

Cool idea ! Good luck :)

Darn, I can't find the parts I need. I really hope you finish the set arc5555 this is such an awesome project! :-) Any chance you could complete for all these parts? (reading from the parts lines in my .craft)

fuelTank

fuelTankSmallFlat

GooExperiment

landingLeg1

liquidEngine3

liquidEngine

longAntenna

mk1pod

parachuteSingle

solidBooster

stackDecoupler

I think you might just be missing the solidBooster and the small fuelTank (unless you expect "FL-T Series Fuel Tanks.jpg" to be cut manually depending on how big it should be... which fuel tank size does your image correspond to?)

Can you please put it up on github or dropbox instead? It's really awkward trying to navigate mediafire :-(

Edited by fommil

Alrighty!! Here some things i am doing with building these models to help with keeping there shape, making them easier to work with and also makes them a bit more sturdy. Get some sort of circle cutter (Mine was 7.00 at Walmart for X-Acto brand cutter) and some foam board (as little as 1.00 a sheet at the Dollar Store).

I like this soo much :o

So i'm back home and here is an update for you :D

What's new :

All "Aerodynamic" side parts are done (except Ram Air Intake and XM-G50 Radial Air Intake)

Plus all spaceplane parts are here too :)

Eventually , if you're good with 3d modelling , i could use some help from you : I need Ram , XM-G50 Air intakes and mk1,mk2 cockpits low poly models because some of the unfolds look kinda messy :confused:

So if you can help me with these , it will be great :wink:

And the last , but not the least -i've downloaded everything on "box" so you can download the whole folder :)

>Link<

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.