[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

Thanks for the sugestion... I,ve tried it with both RPL & StretchySRB and with each one alone... still nothing...

What bugs me is that the parts are showing up in the science tree, I unlock them but I don't have them in the VAB. This is true with either RPL or StretchySRB.

Thank you for the quick reply !

I thought it was that too... so I started a sandbox game to see if the parts are present there... I only get one procedural tank that scales up to 2.5 meters and none of the procedural fairing bases...

I constructed another instance of the game, with only the minimum necessary mods (not even the Realistic Progression Tree) and still nothing :( I don't get it...

Then you have a bad install somehow.

Then you have a bad install somehow.

Yup... I'm on my 4th bad install :)) I must be doing something wrong...

Could you please give me a barebone list of mods for the RO with Real Progression Tree from which to start adding/testing ?

Should I try with the 6.0 Alpha of RO ?

IMHO if you are wanting to use the RPL tech tree, then you are better off following the install instructions from that thread not here. The two don't really jive as well as they used to, and have some very different pieces on each side. Things like StretchySRBs vs ProceduralParts for example.

But if it isn't working for you even in Sandbox then that is weird.

Some testing results on v6 pre-release

I was having a real problem with nothing from RO showing up properly (well most of it anyway). After tracing through logs it turns out that there is one config in RealFuels (HGR.cfg) that is defining a couple things with FOR[RealFuels_StockEngines] which then causes RO to disable many things since it specifically checks that RealFuels_StockEngines is NOT installed.

Now this may be operating exactly as desired, but its very confusing because there is nothing that I could find in either RO or RF that says you need to remove this HGR.cfg file if you are using RO.

Anyway just some testing feedback there :)

Some testing results on v6 pre-release

I was having a real problem with nothing from RO showing up properly (well most of it anyway). After tracing through logs it turns out that there is one config in RealFuels (HGR.cfg) that is defining a couple things with FOR[RealFuels_StockEngines] which then causes RO to disable many things since it specifically checks that RealFuels_StockEngines is NOT installed.

Now this may be operating exactly as desired, but its very confusing because there is nothing that I could find in either RO or RF that says you need to remove this HGR.cfg file if you are using RO.

Anyway just some testing feedback there :)

That is indeed a GREAT catch, there is no reason for the :FOR[RealFuels_StockEngines] tag in that file it should be :FOR[RealFuels], I'll make sure I blast NK for that overlook;-)

I created a pull request for that change with RF. Again great find Agathorn that's the kind of testing we like to see. Detailed and everything, makes fixing SO MUCH EASIER.

Edited by RedAV8R

Two more, more nebulous things though :)

I'm going through all the engines and making notes in preparation for trying to "techalize" everything. This morning I went through the AIES and KW engines since they are my favorites (got to start somewhere!).

Anyway while doing so I noted two things:

1) The AIES engine engineexper05 (RL10B-2) seems to have some problems connecting to ProceduralParts tank. Its hard to explain, but it doesn't snap in nearly as well as every other engine. I had to finesse it a lot to finally click it on.

2) All the KW engines seem to mount flush with thrustplates against the bottom of the tanks, EXCEPT for one which seems to use the older SFJackBauer style of pushing the thrust plate INTO the engine. That one engine is KW1mengineVestaVR1 (AJ10-118K ). Now I personally prefer the flush mount on the KW engines, but either way they should be consistent.

Two more, more nebulous things though :)

I'm going through all the engines and making notes in preparation for trying to "techalize" everything. This morning I went through the AIES and KW engines since they are my favorites (got to start somewhere!).

Anyway while doing so I noted two things:

1) The AIES engine engineexper05 (RL10B-2) seems to have some problems connecting to ProceduralParts tank. Its hard to explain, but it doesn't snap in nearly as well as every other engine. I had to finesse it a lot to finally click it on.

2) All the KW engines seem to mount flush with thrustplates against the bottom of the tanks, EXCEPT for one which seems to use the older SFJackBauer style of pushing the thrust plate INTO the engine. That one engine is KW1mengineVestaVR1 (AJ10-118K ). Now I personally prefer the flush mount on the KW engines, but either way they should be consistent.

I will look into these today.

Everything with RealEngines at this point for the generic packs is what was in the latest version that SFJackBauer had released several months ago, I haven't touched them, when the time comes I will, only so much time in a day. Depending on which engine and how it was modeled I actually see a place for both, but they do need some further testing and final touches.

I will look into these today.

Everything with RealEngines at this point for the generic packs is what was in the latest version that SFJackBauer had released several months ago, I haven't touched them, when the time comes I will, only so much time in a day. Depending on which engine and how it was modeled I actually see a place for both, but they do need some further testing and final touches.

Ok well if you haven't gotten to these engines yet, I can make the fixes. Yeah I agree about the placement based on engine modelling, and all the AIES ones actually push in and that works fine. The KW ones though are all modeled the same and personally I think work best as flush mounts. Though I can guarantee people on both sides of that fence. The mounting of the engines has always been a point of contention and confusion for many RO users :)

AndreyATGB: Yep. It turned out RedAV8R was actually doing more work on RO (and doing more support on the thread) than I was. :D I'm still very involved, obviously, but it made more sense for him to be the OP so he could edit the posts as needed.

valentinlup: sounds like RPL needs another update. Although in fairness I may be the one at fault there for not getting MN the file he needs.

Kitspace: Yeah, I plan to write a plugin to rescale IVAs (you can't do that with cfgs). Just haven't gotten to it yet.

RedAV8R: I didn't notice Sandworm had that in there until somebody mentioned it on the (RF?) thread; it's fixed in source and will be in the next update.

Although I see you *also* submitted a pull. :)

NK: UM...maybe in some personal copy...wasn't on github as when I edited that file, it automatically forked it and set up the pull request...:) Just saying what I saw from my end...

Agathorn: Absolutely, when you are done, send me your work and I'll integrate that into the release.

I just submitted a PR for the node fixes to the KW engine. I was unable to reproduce the issue with the AIES engine.

I'm new with Realism Overhaul, so be gentle. I followed all install instructions (to my knowledge, at least) and installed pretty much all of the recommended mods. I'm having an issue with the DCSS RL10 engine from the Aerojet Kerbodyne Orion parts. It says that its ISP is 0-0 and its fuel usage is infinity/sec.

I have no bloody idea what could be wrong. Any pointers?

RedAV8R: Yup, I evidently forgot to commit RF when I made my changes yesterday or the day before when I saw that problem. It's fixed now, and I released RF v6.3 with that, the life support changes, and making the launch clamp fuel pump toggleable.

Yalin Hawk:

Upload your output log (NOT ksp.log) to dropbox or something.

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt

Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

I'm new with Realism Overhaul, so be gentle. I followed all install instructions (to my knowledge, at least) and installed pretty much all of the recommended mods. I'm having an issue with the DCSS RL10 engine from the Aerojet Kerbodyne Orion parts. It says that its ISP is 0-0 and its fuel usage is infinity/sec.

I have no bloody idea what could be wrong. Any pointers?

Great catch, I'll take a look at it!

- - - Updated - - -

Yalin Hawk:

Upload your output log (NOT ksp.log) to dropbox or something.

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt

Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

He's right, basic instal and oops...something is wrong...I get the same thing.

Here is the requested output log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkban8yb0j8rkwf/output_log.txt

Also, are the engines in-game supposed to be re-named to real-life counterparts? If so, that's not working either. I remember this feature from playing RO months ago, so that may not be a desired function in the current version?

Thanks for the help gents.

Also, are the engines in-game supposed to be re-named to real-life counterparts? If so, that's not working either.

Thanks for the help gents.

Which engines??? Some of them, but not all...what engine configurations did you install?

Running the stock included engine configs. Installed KW, Novapunch, Aerojet Kerbodyne, etc. KW and Nova engines have their normal names, Wildcat, Vesta, etc. I remember playing RO months ago and those engines got renamed to real-life engines.

Running the stock included engine configs. Installed KW, Novapunch, Aerojet Kerbodyne, etc. KW and Nova engines have their normal names, Wildcat, Vesta, etc. I remember playing RO months ago and those engines got renamed to real-life engines.

AH, likely the RealFuels bug...:) Download and install the latest, like just release within the hour, RealFuels v6.3

I just installed the latest realfuels as per your advice, going to test it. Something I did notice in my own limited-modding-knowledge digging, I downloaded both 5.2.1 and 5.2 and compared the .cfg files included in both. I noticed in 5.2 there is a whole lot more in your RedAV8R folder. Did things get moved around, or did I lose some files in extraction/download? Specifically, the realengines cfg's from 5.2 are absent in my 5.2.1 folder.

Edit:

Just tried it with the latest RealFuels 6.3, still have the same specific bug with the RL10B-2 from Aerojet Kerbodyne and also the RD-0146 from SovietEngines.

EditEdit:

Also, none of the other engines have any sort of updated stats. KW Vesta has same stats from a vanilla KW install. I'm going to take a leap and assume it has something to do with my missing the rss_realengines_x.cfg's?

Edited by Yalin Hawk