[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

That did it, thanks a lot. Such a simple error, I feel silly now. Notepad displayed the config as a wall of text that seemed to be separated with tabs, so I thought that's the ModuleManager format.

On a side note, you guys may want to look into the Porkworks config, the OP lists it as supported, but the config doesn't even change the habitat's mass, which is rather implausible.

Yep, it's on my list to check out before the final v6.0 non alpha/beta comes out.

That was an idea courtesy of Agathorn( I believe, :( I may be wrong), what this will do, is allow those who want to set a small MM config to REMOVE all parts which don't have this tag. When 6.0 is ready for final release all current and future configs will have this tag set for all parts touched and verified "RO/RSS Compatible". That way a person isn't searching through mods which aren't compatible, or even parts within a pack that have been intentionally left out for one reason or another.

Awesome! Say... is that already in effect? I seem to have a much cleaner, smaller set of parts this time around. (I just installed a clean RSS/RO setup last night.)

I've just noticed that the inline docking port appears very squished in the vertical direction.

MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortLateral/model
scale = 1.722222, 1.0, 1.722222
}

Should the Y rescaling value be 1.722222 instead of 1.0 here?

No, because docking ports generally aren't that 'thick' in the vertical plane, like the CBM may be 2m wide in diameter but it's only like 0.25m tall.

That was an idea courtesy of Agathorn( I believe, :( I may be wrong), what this will do, is allow those who want to set a small MM config to REMOVE all parts which don't have this tag. When 6.0 is ready for final release all current and future configs will have this tag set for all parts touched and verified "RO/RSS Compatible". That way a person isn't searching through mods which aren't compatible, or even parts within a pack that have been intentionally left out for one reason or another.

Yeah that was me :)

Awesome! Say... is that already in effect? I seem to have a much cleaner, smaller set of parts this time around. (I just installed a clean RSS/RO setup last night.)

When things are said and done there MAY be a *.zip file with *.cfg in it doing that, that's still out for debate, but there will NOT be one shall I say out in the open, making that a default option. Honestly the 'cleanliness' is due, in large part to TweakScale, allowing the removal of pretty much every part out there. There are still a few minor bugs and tweaks to work out, but that's the big thing. Also some new 'fancy' MM tags, which if say using PartCatalog (I love that mod), actually places new parts in their respective mod's tab, instead of being placed into the RO tab. Part of the folder organization also easily allows a person to cut/paste the folders within RedAV8R to the GameData folder, which while the same folder names may exist no files are overwritten. This move also with PartCatalog (how can anybody use KSP with numerous mods without this thing), places 'new' parts into that mod tab instead of the RO tab.

No, because docking ports generally aren't that 'thick' in the vertical plane, like the CBM may be 2m wide in diameter but it's only like 0.25m tall.

Erm... this is the in-line one that you open the bay doors and it sticks out laterally. The current vertical scaling makes it squished -- eg. non-circular.

Edit: screenshot

uhXVXP2.jpg

Edited by jrandom

Yeah that was me :)

An excellent one at that kind sir/madam.

- - - Updated - - -

Erm... this is the in-line one that you open the bay doors and it sticks out laterally. The current vertical scaling makes it squished -- eg. non-circular.

oops:) Good catch. skipped over the word 'inline' the first time...

Edited by RedAV8R

Loading screen gets hung up on Realismoverhaul/parts/stock_resizes/parachute/parachuteLarge-rss. any suggestions? Was working under RO 5.7

Well...that's a neat trick...who made RO 5.7 ??? We sure didn't...latest v5 release was 5.2.1...

Furthermore, "Realismoverhaul/parts/stock_resizes/" no longer exists under v6.0 the latest release...so that tells me you didn't follow directions to DELETE THE OLD REALISM OVERHAUL FOLDER!

output_log.txt is 12MB. I'd need to know what to search for. (I'm pretty sure it's TweakScale, it's just that my 2-stage test rocket didn't exhibit the problem so I thought it was fixed.... then I build a 3-stager. First stage is fine, but the second stage also triggers the 3rd-stage engine.)

Geesh these forums are down more often then they are up lately :(

Anyway. Does anyone have any tips on rescaling parts? I seem to be blundering my way through in a most inefficient manner! First off I don't seem to understand the difference between MODEL{scale} and PART{rescaleFactor}. Secondly having to restart the game every time is a huge PITA when I feel like i'm totally guessing at values. Is there some easier way to mathematically derive what I need, or close to it?

Geesh these forums are down more often then they are up lately :(

Anyway. Does anyone have any tips on rescaling parts? I seem to be blundering my way through in a most inefficient manner! First off I don't seem to understand the difference between MODEL{scale} and PART{rescaleFactor}. Secondly having to restart the game every time is a huge PITA when I feel like i'm totally guessing at values. Is there some easier way to mathematically derive what I need, or close to it?

I use PP to measure current size...then use math to the size you want it to be...

I use PP to measure current size...then use math to the size you want it to be...

So are you saying take a PP part and size it next to the one you are changing, then work the math backwards from there?

I wish I could "Reload All" form the debug panel more than once.

EDIT. Hah actually what works pretty cool is apply the TweakScale module to the item, set it to free, and then resize it in game. It gives you the exact multiplier you need, then change the MODEL{scale} value by that much. Seems to work EXCEPT I still need to figure out the attach points. Wonder if I just need to move them by the same percentage...

MORE EDIT: Yep that works! Genius! No more guessing at all.

Edited by Agathorn

Not in my install it's not.

Yup, just verified that TweakScale is not causing the simultaneous 2nd+3rd stage engine firing issue. I'm pulling mods one at a time to try to determine which of the recent ones I added is causing this behavior, but it's such a slow process. I wish I could remember the terminology used by others I know have encountered this issue so I could just google for a solution, but nothing's turned up yet. :(

Is it possible for this problem to be caused by something else's .cfg files (as opposed to a .dll plugin)?

Yup, just verified that TweakScale is not causing the simultaneous 2nd+3rd stage engine firing issue. I'm pulling mods one at a time to try to determine which of the recent ones I added is causing this behavior, but it's such a slow process. I wish I could remember the terminology used by others I know have encountered this issue so I could just google for a solution, but nothing's turned up yet. :(

Is it possible for this problem to be caused by something else's .cfg files (as opposed to a .dll plugin)?

Someoen else on page 8ish had this same issue. RedAV8r told him to install his KSP in somewhere other than C:\Program files which is very solid advice, but he never reported back one way or the other if it fixed it.

Someoen else on page 8ish had this same issue. RedAV8r told him to install his KSP in somewhere other than C:\Program files which is very solid advice, but he never reported back one way or the other if it fixed it.

KSP is currently where Steam installed it. This problem just showed up recently, so I doubt it's the install location.

Woah... so I switched back to RftS engines and the problem went away!

So... something about all the fancy stuff RealEngines (default with RO) uses is either causing the problem or conflicting with another mod in some abstract way, and causing the problem.

Which kinda bums me out since the default RE engines have the ability to roll in addition to pitch/yaw and also have a better selection of orbital engines.

Yet another request on your ever growing list, could you add the engine diameters in their names? It is extremely infuriating to click on every engine which has appropriate stats just to find out it's gigantic. One step further would be sorting them in increasing sizes if it's possible, but it would solve a huge time waster in RO ATM just to have their diameters written.

In RO 5 I used PartCatalog which mostly worked, but in 6 it doesn't 70% of the time. It uses node sizes to sort them and several engines didn't get their nodes resized.

Yet another request on your ever growing list, could you add the engine diameters in their names? It is extremely infuriating to click on every engine which has appropriate stats just to find out it's gigantic. One step further would be sorting them in increasing sizes if it's possible, but it would solve a huge time waster in RO ATM just to have their diameters written.

In RO 5 I used PartCatalog which mostly worked, but in 6 it doesn't 70% of the time. It uses node sizes to sort them and several engines didn't get their nodes resized.

Well that'll more or less come when I run through RealEngines itself and redo/fix what I can, (XX.Xm) at the end of each engine isn't a bad idea. The sorting I can't help you out with, though I wish there was a good way. That's a property of how they are named and the organization of the mod itself in their folders, which I can't legally, and won't do. The node resizing is important and that will be verified for sure.