[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

yeah I saw that I forgt to het post earlyer and did it when I saw it with out thinking, or checking to see if any thing had be posted since I replyed to some one eles I should have just roved it once I realized what happend

I dont know if this has to to with RO or not but it seems to have started since I started the 6.0 alphas. its not really a problem but it is annying it takes me three tries to load a saved game when I start up ksp... first load, no ground.... quit load again... ground no ksc... wash rinse repeat. I get the ground and ksc....

Thanks! I'll be giving you guys a PR for a bunch of updates for AIES,KW, and NP engines later tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know if this has to to with RO or not but it seems to have started since I started the 6.0 alphas. its not really a problem but it is annying it takes me three tries to load a saved game when I start up ksp... first load, no ground.... quit load again... ground no ksc... wash rinse repeat. I get the ground and ksc....

That would be all RSS most likely.

arrhhhh yet again ksp conspires against me..........downloaded everything as new from the list in OP all the way up to surported packs where i stoped . rand the game and yep you guesed it it jammes up when it hits prodcual parts SRB s .................any ideas apart from going out side and getting a tree branch and beating my PC with it ?

ok so i download the new RO and all thte other stuff and i added TweakScale now when i go to launch a new ship it looks like am inside earth i can go to map and switch to a new ship but i can seem to launch any new ones.

arrhhhh yet again ksp conspires against me..........downloaded everything as new from the list in OP all the way up to surported packs where i stoped . rand the game and yep you guesed it it jammes up when it hits prodcual parts SRB s .................any ideas apart from going out side and getting a tree branch and beating my PC with it ?

You did not install something correctly. A log is the only way to tell you what it is

ok so i download the new RO and all thte other stuff and i added TweakScale now when i go to launch a new ship it looks like am inside earth i can go to map and switch to a new ship but i can seem to launch any new ones.

I know with RSS you have to have your detail settings at medium.

- - - Updated - - -

memory issue maybe. It's your install or something. RO doesn't cause this.

I know with RSS you have to have your detail settings at medium.

- - - Updated - - -

memory issue maybe. It's your install or something. RO doesn't cause this.

i tried that too and when i launch all i see is black with blue and white i took out tweakscale and its all working again

i tried that too and when i launch all i see is black with blue and white i took out tweakscale and its all working again

I'm running TweakScale and haven't had any issues like what you're seeing. What's your memory usage at? I've found that with RSS/RO, you can actually break things going past 3.5GB without KSP actually crashing like it normally does when it hits the RAM limit. I didn't get a smooth install running until I added the GreenSkull configs for Active Texture Management to keep memory usage under control.

Ok so a couple of things.

1) It might not be related to this issue specifically, but we often highly suggest installing KSP in somewhere other than the Steam default that is in Program Files. Window's annoying user permissions can often cause problems with mods in Program Files due to security restrictions. This manifests as subtle hard to track bugs.

2) Your log ends with MechJeb throwing errors. Might look at your MechJeb install and make sure you didn't mix anything up. Try removing MechJeb temporarily and see if it helps.

3) Might be useful to get the system log as well which is in KSP_Data/output_log.txt

4) You have a couple of non supported mods inhere so it is possible there might be some conflicts. I'm not saying there are, just that there might be.

5) Would it be possible to post a screenshot of your GameData directory so I can see the folders?

Griffin, First get your install out of the Program Files directory...Second I've noticed you've got a lot of skipped frames, what kind of window are you running in, go full screen, and don't leave it when you launch the program, second you failed at some installs because I'm not seeing TACLS. Fix that and see what happens. I don't see a squad folder did you delete that too?

I'm going to write a FAQ, and problem walk through.

Romie, need a log to start.

Edited by RedAV8R

mmmm well i use the launcher to run KSP and its allways in full screen , all the mods in there are from the list here , as for squad folder ohpssss and programe files is where steam puts it ..............so no idea what the smeg is going on.

ok so asked steam to verify files and over 900 missing , then i ran KSP thrugh the laucher and it ran , so all i have to do now is add the packs from the list here in this thread plus a few extras and i shud be good eve though i have to start the tech tree all over again .

Am... am I the only person who has zero problems from having KSP in Program Files (x86)/Steam/etc... ? I'm running Windows 8.1 and I don't recall having to do anything fancy with permissions or "Run and Admin" or anything like that.

Am... am I the only person who has zero problems from having KSP in Program Files (x86)/Steam/etc... ? I'm running Windows 8.1 and I don't recall having to do anything fancy with permissions or "Run and Admin" or anything like that.

No. Most people have no problems. The problem though is that Window's default permissions do restrict actions in that directory and there is always the possibility of subtle hard to track issues. Since AddOns are DLLs, they are subject to system restrictions. 99% of the time you will probably have no problems, but since its so easy to put KSP anywhere (it has no formal install, you can just copy it somewhere else), its generally recommended.

Personally I don't install any games on my C drive anyway. All my Steam games go into a Steam Library on another drive. Steam makes that so easy now.

Personally I don't install any games on my C drive anyway. All my Steam games go into a Steam Library on another drive. Steam makes that so easy now.

You can do that? Wait... will symlinking the Common folder or whatnot work? I just discovered yesterday that my l'il gaming laptop here had its drive pre-partitioned into two drives and it would be nice to be able to offload stuff from the primary to the secondary.

You don't even need to do any symlinking. When you install a game, Steam will give you an option to install to the default location or to make a new Steam Library on a different drive.

In the Dark Ages, you had to symlink. Nowadays the steam client lets you do it itself, as Agathorn says. There are still some advantages to the other approach, however, as it lets you seamlessly move a game from a spindle drive to and SSD and back again, say, depending on your judgment of how frequently you play it.

RedAV8R: You might want to extend this FAQ here? Or if not make a FAQ on the RO wiki?