[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

a post that's not about something being broken, for a change, Getting into orbit in RO is SO rewarding!

During my first successful RSS orbital launch I was mostly thinking "I can't believe how much sideways I have to go!" or some similar badly-grammatical construct like that.

Heads up: RO 6a4 breaks B9 fuel tank support!

M9Rfr9i.jpg

... unless I'm getting some other weird conflict. But this just started happening since I added the latest RO, RftS, and TAC .9.

Edit: Oh wow, a lot of fuel tanks broke... in fact, every fuel tank of type "Jet" has reverted to not-working status. LFO tanks appear to be fine.

Edit 2: I take that back -- a lot of LFO tanks are broken now too, including a lot of the FASA ones.

Edited by jrandom

Heads up: RO 6a4 breaks B9 fuel tank support!

http://i.imgur.com/M9Rfr9i.jpg

... unless I'm getting some other weird conflict. But this just started happening since I added the latest RO, RftS, and TAC .9.

Edit: Oh wow, a lot of fuel tanks broke... in fact, every fuel tank of type "Jet" has reverted to not-working status. LFO tanks appear to be fine.

Edit 2: I take that back -- a lot of LFO tanks are broken now too, including a lot of the FASA ones.

Bah just build rockets like real men. Real men go to space, they don't fly around in the atmo!

Seriously though, I havent' updated yet so I can't comment but i'll see if I can take a look later if NK or Red haven't chimed in by then.

I'm sort of holding off on my lunar mission until everything is stable. Getting TAC .9 was a big step. As soon as everything is working again, I will fly back into space! (In .23.5, because I know .24 will probably break all sorts of things...)

So I've been trying to build fast passenger jets w/ AJE as a challenge in the meantime. :) But now that's broken, too! :(

I guess I could watch "Moon Machines" again while I wait...

Question: are there supposed to be any hidden things on start-up? I've noticed when I boot up that while it all seems to work, on start up I still see ModuleManager showing 10 items as being hidden. Not sure what that means, exactly.

I've also noticed that I don't have access to all the procedural tanks I should. In the R&D building, it shows that I have some unlocked that don't show in the VAB.

I'll edit in a sec with an output log. Just tossing in some visual mods before I boot it up again.

TO those having problems, go to the RealFuels folder and delete the TACLS file...NK needs to post an update there...the file has otherwise been removed and moved to RO due to changes occurring.

Let me know if that fixes it.

TO those having problems, go to the RealFuels folder and delete the TACLS file...NK needs to post an update there...the file has otherwise been removed and moved to RO due to changes occurring.

Let me know if that fixes it.

Fixed! Woot! Thank you!

Woah... I have different textures for things like the Mk1 cockpit! Wonder where that came from...

Woah... even more new things!... um... what's the difference between the Procedural Dynamics Mark2 P-Wing and this new Light Wing part? They seem to have the same lift and mass ratings.

I downloaded the latest source, and I'm seeing an issue at load time with HEThrusterKerbX

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ModuleRCSFX.SetupPropellant () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleRCSFX.LoadPropellants (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleRCSFX.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ModuleRCSFX.SetupPropellant () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleRCSFX.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I haven't updated all the other mods that are installed, but I'm wondering if it's the helium requirement on that part or something else?

Looks like we lost scalability on the KAX landing gear. :( It was really handy to be able to change the scale to get it the right size. As it stands, even the largest doesn't quite cut it for non-tiny planes.

Agathorn: Guilty! :P

jrandom: that's from RftS. It's so you can make biplanes with wings that are lighter than a spaceplane's. Roleplay it as easily breakable.

Phredward: Sounds like you're missing a resource it's using.

Going through a fresh install cycle and ran into something from the Readme that I think could be clarified. Under supported packs it lists "Near Future Power Pack". However it is unclear exactly which NF pack that is. Is that NF Electrical? NF Solar?

Going through a fresh install cycle and ran into something from the Readme that I think could be clarified. Under supported packs it lists "Near Future Power Pack". However it is unclear exactly which NF pack that is. Is that NF Electrical? NF Solar?

I just installed NF Solar and the values look waaaay too high. Even small panels generate something like 10-30 Ec/s.

I just installed NF Solar and the values look waaaay too high. Even small panels generate something like 10-30 Ec/s.

Its probably just NF Electrical though. Its just that "power" is ambiguous :)

Its probably just NF Electrical though. Its just that "power" is ambiguous :)

For RSS/RO, 1 EC/s = 1 kW. Since I doubt we can generate 10 kW from a small solar panel, I'm going to hazard a guess that NF Solar is not currently supported. So maybe it's NF Electrical? I didn't check that one out.

Simple problem...

Real fuels does not work right and causes me to ALWAYS spawn into the void if any command capsule is used ;p I am very baffled as to why, it works without overhaul in another installation just fine, same files, but here it just doesn't work.

Basic log ;P

[LOG 06:56:28.740] ------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------
[LOG 06:56:28.746] Loading ship from file: D:/01 - Spiele/SteamGames/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program .35 MOD/KSP_Data/../saves/default/Ships/VAB/Auto-Saved Ship.craft
[LOG 06:56:28.774] *MFS* Loading global settings
[WRN 06:56:28.800] Part mk1pod_4294590696 cannot load module #10. It only has 10 modules defined
[EXC 06:56:28.817] MissingFieldException: Field 'RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks.basemass' not found.
[LOG 06:56:28.869] *RSS* checking useLegacyAtmosphere for Kerbin
[LOG 06:56:28.870] *RSSWatchDog* Kerbin.useLegacyAtmosphere = False
[LOG 06:56:28.914] *RSS* Fixing PCam. Min 10, Max 1E+10. Start 600, zoom 1.2
[LOG 06:56:28.915] Fixed. Min 10, Max 1E+10. Start 600, zoom 1.2
[LOG 06:56:28.916] Registering module updater: RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks
[EXC 06:56:28.918] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
...(infinite NRE's)

And here the extended relevant log

------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

Loading ship from file: D:/01 - Spiele/SteamGames/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program .35 MOD/KSP_Data/../saves/default/Ships/VAB/Auto-Saved Ship.craft

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

*MFS* Loading global settings

Part mk1pod_4294590696 cannot load module #10. It only has 10 modules defined

MissingFieldException: Field 'RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks.basemass' not found.
at TweakScale.TweakScale.Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TweakScale.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.LoadModule (.ConfigNode node, Int32 moduleIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruct.LoadShip (.ConfigNode root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruction.LoadShip (System.String filePath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

What am I doing wrong? (And According to google, this is something I am doing wrong exlusively, yay me!)

Ps.: Installed all required, and all "Best with" mods, EXCEPT Tac Life Support, Remote Tech 2 and ModuleFixer (Which links to a uncompiled cs file in a folder, huh?)

installed the new update and still having issues with some pars not showing up.

log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqf3284gm1bwgfr/output_log%20%283%29.txt

I don't know where to start looking for the problem in that wall o' text. I'm a gamer, not a programmer (but I can see where I had briefly alt-tabbed out)

When you say parts not showing up do you mean in the VAB? Or in saved craft? I'm seeing a bunch of MechJeb exceptions in flight. Also looks like you have RO installed wrong: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RealismOverhaul-6.0a4\RealismOverhaul\Plugins\RealismOverhaul.dll There should be no RealismOverhaul-6.0a4 directory.

Hello!

I really love your mod, but I sadly have a problem I have to annoy you with a bit. It seems, that with Realism Overhaul, whenever I have the Mark 1-2 pod attached to a rocket, the rocket engine makes the whole rocket turn! There is no movement when the engine is turned off.

Good catch on the install. Weird that it booted up like normal for me. There are supposed to be some stretchy tanks made available in the first couple of tiers that I don't see in VAB. Gonna go double check and make sure there actually is a problem, though

edit: it might be worth noting that I'm playing career mode with RPL. Not sure if that was a given, so I'm just tossing that info out there

Edited by Roastduck