[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

Thanks it fixed the problem. All capsules work fine, but the mk1 lander can only stuff food, while other capsules can stuff fuel too. Is this your decision, or i screwed something ? :P

Looks good on this end...might check some of your editing. ModuleFuelTanks's tank type should be ServiceModule, which allows darn near everything.

Went through the engines I have unlocked in my Career mode, and 12 out of 18 (Tier 0 and Tier 1) say MinThr 100%, which I have come to realize means they can't be throttled down. Is this intended, or is this an issue with configs?

You do realize what Aerozine, MMH, and UDMH is right...while straight Hydrazine isn't usually used, there will be the option.

Actually, I don't know much about those fuels, so eh yeah...

Also, sorry, if I sounded bossy, I assure you, that I did not want to sound that way! You can do this any way you want! :)

Went through the engines I have unlocked in my Career mode, and 12 out of 18 (Tier 0 and Tier 1) say MinThr 100%, which I have come to realize means they can't be throttled down. Is this intended, or is this an issue with configs?

Most engines DO NOT throttle. If the real engine can, then so does RO.

The throttle is minimal to most engines. Expect 20-25% of thrust change.

BTW: How the heck i can use aerozine with n2o4 on RCS? I did everything, but i can't grasp it...

Read: The throttle is NIL on most engines. Some are able to go down to 70% of rated thrust, some not to deep, some even deeper.

ModuleRCSFX my friend.

Actually, I don't know much about those fuels, so eh yeah...

Also, sorry, if I sounded bossy, I assure you, that I did not want to sound that way! You can do this any way you want! :)

MMH, UDMH and Aerozine are all Hydrazine derivatives.

I wonder if anyone is maintaining the spreadsheet for RealEngines anymore? The last public link I have is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aotgw0qR1h0UdDhRazYxaDNPT0psVnhNNHFIVnZLM3c&usp=drive_web#gid=6 but I also have a copy of that doc with a few more columns and such.

I have my own copy with some added info as well, but I haven't kept it updated with the changes i've made :( I have some more changes to make as well so maybe I will update the spreadsheet.

I wonder if anyone is maintaining the spreadsheet for RealEngines anymore? The last public link I have is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aotgw0qR1h0UdDhRazYxaDNPT0psVnhNNHFIVnZLM3c&usp=drive_web#gid=6 but I also have a copy of that doc with a few more columns and such.
I have my own copy with some added info as well, but I haven't kept it updated with the changes i've made :( I have some more changes to make as well so maybe I will update the spreadsheet.

Yeah, RealEngines hasn't really been touched much, just added back to RO. We will need to update it though as things are changed/added/fixed.

Well there are those tweaks I made to the KW/AIES/NP packs. I noticed some more issues with a few RealEngines using stock parts that I will fix here real soon. I might as well take the time to update the spreadsheet while i'm at it.

Why in the world does RO give the mechjeb module a 11.87 Tm transmit range? That's... a ridiculous distance for such a tiny antenna, isn't it?

No idea. Typo?

Phredward: I *think* asmi wrote a plugin to toggle CoM shifts. I'll look around. RedAV8R: if memory serves, some capsules do support shifting their own CoM to vary the reentry path.

Soyuz crews were trained to handle 10g's for dozen of seconds. Kerbals can't even handle 4g's for 30 seconds :)

Which is funny, since DRE's code is set to ignore any crew Gs under 5. Here is the relevant set of defaults.

crewGClamp = 30 // Any G level > this is treated as this
crewGPower = 4 // exponent to the G level. G damage is added at a rate of G^power per second
crewGMin = 5 // Any G level < this is ignored for crew damage, and G damage is reset
crewGWarn = 450000 // when G damage reaches this level, warn the player
crewGLimit = 900000 // when G damage reaches this level, start killing crew
crewGKillChance = 0.1 // chance per tick a crewmember will die (if damage is > GLimit)

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but i'm going to ask anyway just to be sure. Are the RO configs for TACLS compatible with the pre-release 0.9? Or only for 0.8? Are there any WIP configs for 0.9?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but i'm going to ask anyway just to be sure. Are the RO configs for TACLS compatible with the pre-release 0.9? Or only for 0.8? Are there any WIP configs for 0.9?

The RO TAC configs (which will become part of RO and not RF) at this time are designed around the latest pre-release 0.9.

What's the forecast looking like on RO compatibility with .24? Will I be able to go straight into it, or will I need to keep a separate 0.23.5 install for RO for a bit?

I would suggest making a copy of .23.5 with RO/RSS installed for now. Always a good thing to do. Hell I have like 10 copies of .23.5 lol.

I don't know if it's issue with RO, or one of the submods. My RCS were working fine, but when i undocked LM from CSM, both vessels RCS stopped working. I have fuel, i have fuel lines, so what could be the problem?

I'm almost sure the rcs stop working when you "out of focus" your vessel.

Edited by DeepOdyssey

are the squad docking ports supposed to be tweaked to 3x the size they were in v5?

They were all changed, yes.

The way I've got things set up is the old 0.625 docking port became the 1.55m OD APAS89/95, the 1.25m port became the 1.55m NASA Docking System, and the 2.5m port became the 2.0m OD CBM. Each is set to only attach to other docking ports of that type...so a 1.55m NASA Docking System port WILL NOT attach to a 1.55m APAS89/95 port. APAS to APAS, NDS to NDS, CBM to CBM. The SDHI came with two docking ports, I made the stock looking one NDS and the IACBM a 2m CBM type. The Fustek Station the 1.25m IACBM became the 2m CBM and the 2.5m became a 4m fictional docking port...it's either that or it gets hidden which I'm ok with too. Other docking ports will be judge accordingly.

What's the forecast looking like on RO compatibility with .24? Will I be able to go straight into it, or will I need to keep a separate 0.23.5 install for RO for a bit?

I think the only questionable dependency is Real Fuels. We'll see how fast I can get it updated. The other required mods I don't anticipate problems with. And RO itself is just MM patches. However, there will be a flagged-as-for-.24 release of RO, and RO on .24 will not be supported until that time.

I have a problem. This mod upscales everything, including heavy load b9 parts. But it doesnt upscale landing gears so sometimes this looks like this

Without overhaul

http://i.imgur.com/hA287q3.jpg

With overhaul

http://i.imgur.com/YtFYkVs.jpg

But this is not very big problem, the big problem is that after installation of overhaul most b9 fuel tanks and all fuel tanks from KAX and firespitter are designated as "cannot hold resources"

without overhaul

http://i.imgur.com/n88bZXk.jpg

with overhaul

http://i.imgur.com/VFBPzek.jpg