[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

Every other game I play allows EXE based mods, with the exception of Rome II, which is made by a company which has been until recently actively trying to dismantle the modding community around their games.

Why wont Squad allow large mods to be condensed into a single download?

I follewed the instructions, I multiple times made a fresh install and add all required mods. I can repeat and get the same result time after time.

Notice that RO 6.0 seem to work fine as long a I don't install RemoteTech and use the Flight Computer. It also works the other way around, Install everything (including remotetech2) except RO 6.0 and the flight computer works as it should. Only after I installed RO 6.0 usage of the Flight computer will call the Kraken (Black Screen) so to speak :P

Edited by FreeThinker

Every other game I play allows EXE based mods, with the exception of Rome II, which is made by a company which has been until recently actively trying to dismantle the modding community around their games.

Why wont Squad allow large mods to be condensed into a single download?

I don't think it's Squad. It must be the modders themselves.

Hi Nathan, couldn't you bundle your mods with RO? That'd already help quite a bit.

Edited by Lilienthal

@Coldblade2000: I'll be taking a heavier look at FASA here soon. Initially though I'm thinking it wasn't put together right, but again, I haven't looked at FASA for a while, lots of work still remains.

Edited by RedAV8R

@BadRocketsCo.: What are you doing wrong? You aren't providing enough detail besides "J-2 No gimbal".

I'm not going to go searching through over a hundred thousand lines of code to try and figure out exactly what you want.

Follow the directions in the OP. Then I'll try and help.

Edited by RedAV8R

Notice that RO 6.0 seem to work fine as long a I don't install RemoteTech and use the Flight Computer. It also works the other way around, Install everything (including remotetech2) except RO 6.0 and the flight computer works as it should. Only after I installed RO 6.0 usage of the Flight computer will call the Kraken (Black Screen) so to speak :P

I'm starting to wonder if anyone is actualy playing with RO 6.0 in combination with RemoteTech2 v1.4.1 without issues because it not in the required list and I haven't heard of many others with the same problem (only 1 more so far).

Anyone?

I'm starting to wonder if anyone is actualy playing with RO 6.0 in combination with RemoteTech2 v1.4.1 without issues because it not in the required list and I haven't heard of many others with the same problem (only 1 more so far).

Anyone?

I am happily playing RO + RemoteTech.

Anyone?

Now that I can actually run KSP again. Fear not...I have reproduced this error. Including NOT having this error when NOT using RO. Now doing some more testing....

@BadRocketsCo.: What are you doing wrong? You aren't providing enough detail besides "J-2 No gimbal".

I'm not going to go searching through over a hundred thousand lines of code to try and figure out exactly what you want.

Follow the directions in the OP. Then I'll try and help.

bloody hell, sorry, forgot to add the thing. I will get you the log in a few hours, I am so sorry!

@BadRocketCo.: Actually I don't need a log in THIS particular case, but general practice is to provide it, it's an easy fix IF I know WHICH J-2 I'm looking at. I'm not in the mood to go searching through all of them. The big thing that few people do is give me DETAILS. PRECISE DETAILS as to what the problem is. How to replicate the problem. What part(s) aren't working, etc.

FreeThinker gave enough details on how to replicate that I easily did. He didn't provide the log, but in replicating the issue using the details he provided, I did get mine, which didn't help me, but hopefully NK can decipher it. Now in some easy testing I did locate that the issue is caused by one specific file (Squad_Command.cfg), and so I've got some more testing to figure out what is doing it, but it's more trial and error on my part. Hopefully with both NK and I we can find out why. My guess that while the RO file is producing the error, the error itself is caused by something in how RT2 works with the Squad remote part as modified by RO.

Now that I can actually run KSP again. Fear not...I have reproduced this error. Including NOT having this error when NOT using RO. Now doing some more testing....

As I said, everything works fine as long as they are not both active. One of them is spoiling it for the other, I suspect it is a new version of RemoteTech2. Would it be possible to get access to an earlier version of remoteTech that didn't exhibit this conflict?

@FreeThinker: Please read my last post, while I believe it is RT2 as well, I'm trying to determine what exactly is being changed by RO that is causing RT2 to misbehave. Grabbing v1.4 MAY alleviate the issue temporarily, but it's not a solution.

I've reported this issue on the Git for RT2. Hopefully one of them can fix it. Solution at this time is don't use the flight computer:( as I will not condone reverting to older version of RT2.

@sp1989: I've yet to do a good pass on FASA, I assure you, when I do, this issue will be taken care of.

Edited by RedAV8R

I'm having a strange problem with a new install and i can't locate what's causing it.

I tend to lose control of my craft during ascent. I mean I can control it at launch, but after like 1 minute I can only throttle, altitude controls aren't working, SAS nor RCS aren't responding. This hapens both with manned and unmanned crafts, so I don't think it's RemoteTech issue...

I'm using KSP 24.2 32bit, full RSS+RO + some parts mods, like tracks for rovers, nothing to do with control.

EDIT:

Just found it, this is exactly what happens to me:

Note that it's NOT electric charge running out, I double cheked ;]

EDIT2:

I think i pinpointed the issue. Bobcat's soviet engines, specifically RD-0124 combined with Proc. Fairings, were causing issues with staging and control.

No log, no support. BTW, you mention RemoteTech, yet I see no evidence it's actually installed/installed properly. Also, what on Earth leads you to believe that BOTH Soviet Engines and Procedural Fairings are causing the issues?

Hey, it's not exactly a bug per se, but it seems the Mercury-Atlas rocket made with FASA parts does not have enough delta-V to get to orbit -- it doesn't have as much as its real-life counterpart, that's for sure. I have gone through the engine stats, and sizes and masses of parts, and everything seems to match real life, but kerbal engineer gives the delta-V as around 7,900 m/s, which is only a little more than LEO speed, and thus nowhere near the 9.4k needed with gravity and drag losses. What's going on?Iadjztt.png

Also, a minor point, the top of the FASA atlas tank is too small for the mercury capsule, though they should be the same size, and are in FASA without RO.

Thanks for the help.

I've reported this issue on the Git for RT2. Hopefully one of them can fix it. Solution at this time is don't use the flight computer:( as I will not condone reverting to older version of RT2.

Well using the flight computer is how I want to control my unmanned vehicals because it feels more realistic. I think I rather switch back to to the previous version (Remote Control 1.4.0) and play RO 6.0 than 1.4.1 and not be allowed to touvh the flight computer.

Edited by FreeThinker

Hey, it's not exactly a bug per se, but it seems the Mercury-Atlas rocket made with FASA parts does not have enough delta-V to get to orbit -- it doesn't have as much as its real-life counterpart, that's for sure. I have gone through the engine stats, and sizes and masses of parts, and everything seems to match real life, but kerbal engineer gives the delta-V as around 7,900 m/s, which is only a little more than LEO speed, and thus nowhere near the 9.4k needed with gravity and drag losses. What's going on?

This is because Atlas uses a "1.5 stage" system. After T+ 2 minutes 15 seconds, you're supposed to drop the booster engines. That'll ensure you have enough dV to reach orbit. Engineer can't account for this type of staging, so it'll display lower dV with any rocket that uses this system.

@BadRocketsCo.: Well...That's what I thought. The engine gimbal animation is there, but the thrust-transform exhaust gimbal animation is not. HOWEVER, the rocket thrust DOES gimbal, the rocket is steerable, but the exhaust does not show it.

It boils down to there are some issues with the model itself that need corrected which is something that I can't do, like the transform for the engine gimbal animation being moved, notice how the bell stays in the same place but the core of the engine moves...um no. That's just for starters.

Now, with the STOCK configuration, the symptoms you describe match, the engine itself gimbals, but the thrust does not....which leads me to believe that you have something conflicting with RO causing RealEngines NOT to make it's modifications. Like RftS or StockAlike.

There is a new conical heatshields pack on the forum that could help with recreating Mars missions, you might want to take a look:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91920-0-24-2-Oblivion-Aerospace-Pack-New-heat-shields-for-DRE!-%28v0-1-2-2014-09-15%29

Edited by Hattivat
fixing the link