[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

So I'm creating a SaturnV ... Go figure, lol. And I'm having one, major problem. .. I need an APS.. I got nothing. Not a single thruster that can use the propellant the J2 uses ( LH2-LOX is it? ). The J2 I'm currently using is the NP 6.6 meter which leaves me with zero room to tuck a custom attitude control assembly underneath. So.. I've yet to take the risk of downloading FASA... Because what I really need are Frizzank's self-contained APS. But before I take the risk of installing unsupported parts.. is there an alternative solution to control my S-IVB after meco?

I didn't think this particular question to be version related. Well if I mention in a new thread that my questions are RO related.. you don't think people will just tell me to take it to the RO thread? Is there a .. general RO discussion thread somewhere perhaps? Should I create one? These questions are often times frivolous I understand, but all the same bring craft development to a halt. I'm learning as I go here with RO, so... What would you suggest?

Edited by Motokid600

I'm having a problem with the reflectrons. I have them attached to my probe with a fairing around it but they still break off when I'm launching. They don't overheat they are just breaking because the air. I have tried everything but they still break off INSIDE the fairing :( anyone know how to get around this or what mod would cause this so I can ask on that forum topic?

@Motokid600:

Basically, if you are using anything NOT 0.25 and the latest version of RO, then your question doesn't belong here. A person can suggest something that maybe wasn't supported in 0.24, or the other way around. It causes headaches for everyone involved. Using an old version is 'at your own risk', what that means is, you are on your own. If you aren't up to date, then support is not available, not on this thread.

Learn to help yourself, you'll be a better person too. Use the readme that was included with your version to determine what was supported and go from there. So you want something 'like' the APS, well, look at the APS. What is it. It's basically a self contained RCS pod. So you need something RCS like. Download a part, test, if it works, great, if not, try something else. The VAB has a detailed description of parts and what is included.

@Keudn: The OP has the correct procedure for reporting problems, you have done none of this. Support denied.

@Keudn: The OP has the correct procedure for reporting problems, you have done none of this. Support denied.

There is no log as there isn't a crash or anything, I stated the problem, and how I got it to happen is I put a reflectron on a rocket inside a fairing and poof it breaks

@Motokid600:

Learn to help yourself, you'll be a better person too.

Well I took that statement as offensive so thanks for that. I don't care how tedious a question is I have NOT been rude to you so I'd appreciate it if you could stop being so rude to me and EVERYONE ELSE.

Edited by Motokid600

You keep asking a question you've been told not to ask. Go figure. You'll need to work that particular issue out yourself. FASA Saturn V is your best bet. 0.24.2 isn't supported anymore, you're using old versions at your own risk.

I am having a problem with the reflectrons. I place them on my satellite and put a fairing (both kinds) around the satellite but when I launch my rocket they break off (not burn off but break off). I can see them falling away if I zoom into the fairing, they noclip though the ship when they fall. The Reflectron KR-7 breaks off at around 320m/s surface velocity and the KR-14 around 200m/s. I have tested putting a heatshield on top of my satellite above the reflectron but it still broke off. It doesn't exceed 15C so they aren't overheating. Here is my log (https://www./?e644zsm704171y3)

Ah, a life of puppies, rainbows, and unicorns.

@Keudn: Perfect, those are the details needed. I'll take a look.

@EVERYONE: Let this be a lesson. It's not tough. Read and follow directions. Otherwise, don't be surprised if you get a not so nice answer. Repeating yourselves won't help either and at some point you will be ignored.

I adhere to the teach a man to fish method instead of spoon-feeding them answers, especially when a person has shown little to no initiative on their own. If THAT offends you, then you need more help than I can provide.

Edited by RedAV8R

You keep asking a question you've been told not to ask. Go figure. You'll need to work that particular issue out yourself. FASA Saturn V is your best bet. 0.24.2 isn't supported anymore, you're using old versions at your own risk.

I thought he was asking for a solution in lieu of resorting to FASA (which would only be a solution if it was supported, which it isn't, and he said as much). Or did I read it wrong? Is there a thread for RO craft designs/tips? (which is something I could use… I tried forum search but it was not super helpful)

Edited by tater

I thought he was asking for a solution in lieu of resorting to FASA (which would only be a solution if it was supported, which it isn't, and he said as much). Or did I read it wrong? Is there a thread for RO craft designs/tips?

Tater, all true, except he is using 0.24.2. I am not going to offer support, or allow discussions involving old versions on this thread. It only confuses people. He's been told this a couple pages back.

As for a craft/design thread. Why yes, there is. It's on the 2nd post of this thread. So you don't have to click more you can find it HERE.

I missed the 0.24.2 RO version bit, sorry.

Dunno how I missed that link, I was probably shell-shocked after all the mod links for the OP :) Very helpful! Bookmarked. (I have no idea why that would not be the most relevant search result… forum searches are practically useless)

No.. I have not been asking questions I've been told not too. My questions though frequent are NOT repetitive. And it's not like I'm reporting a bug.. this was a design question. A design question that DID NOT RELATE to what version of RO I'm using. But reguardless RED you have no right belittling and insulting me and others. A simple design question... That's all it was. But instead you decided to tell me to " be a better person" so.. here we are now.

So for what it counts I'll take my questions to that other thread from now on.

Edited by Motokid600

FASA works fine. Aside from annoying "NO-RO" tags, it seems to work like it did before. Those are historical craft, so they shouldn't be affected by balance changes to PP, or anything else. The fuels are already migrated over. It could use FLOX versions of Atlas engines and RL-10, but that's about it.

@Motokid600: Design questions *DO* relate to what version you are using simply because what is available on one isn't necessarily available on another. Features may have changed, mass different, a whole gambit of possibilities. So yes, what version you are using *IS* relevant.

If you think I belittled you, that's your problem, not mine. Learning to help one self is a basic life skill, one that if learned, makes oneself a better person. I told you to learn to help yourself, then told you HOW to learn to help yourself. I told you that doing so would make you a better person. Never said you were a horrible person, or a bad person. In fact being 'better' simply implies that you aren't the best you can be. Such that, if you are so arrogant as to think you are a perfect person and have no way in which to improve, again, not my problem. That is all.

@Keudn: You've got a multitude of things not up to date in your install. FAR being one of them. RSS is out of date. As is Texture Replacer, RealFuels, pWings. Obviously most of those won't cause a problem, but FAR definitely could. Update and retest please. Also make sure those dishes aren't activated while you launch.