[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

Hi everyone! One thing I've noticed using the FASA pack clamps; the fuel pumps on the clamps and umbilicals no longer pump fuel into my rockets. Was this feature disabled? I've tried toggling the fuel pumps ON in the VAB but they still don't work on the pad.

Yeah, you've run out of either memory, or RAM. Try deleting either a few mods or parts from mods, i.e. fuel tanks, adapters, decouplers. Those parts are obsolete really with ProcFairings and ProcParts. After you've done that, try running with ATM basic, it just compresses normal maps, making textures still pretty. If it still persists try aggressive, and if that doesn't work swap out the 8192 texture for 4096.

Cheers, CP

Thanks! You too Dragon, sorry for late reply... the wilds of the north woods don't have wifi.

Hey all, working on getting RLA Stockalike up to snuff, have two motors that are currently unassigned. Anyone have a request for these?

• Rockomax SMAC Payload Assist Motor
  • GmG-2A "Puffin" Payload Assist Motor

Currently looking at historic motors that aren't covered in other part packs, but if someone has a suggestion I'll run with it.

ok something odd seems to be happening, I seem to have a oxidizer leak in my juno fuel tank.... any one else run into this?

So the Juno I used Liquid Oxygen as an oxidizer, which is cryogenic. That means that it's boiling point is far below the ambient temperature. So as the rocket sits on the pad the liquid oxygen boils off and out of the tank. Liquid Hydrogen does the same thing. The way to counter this is to add a launch clamp and enable the pump. This will add oxygen to the tank as it boils off.

Ok that makes since about the Liquid oxygen, since the Juno does not have an insulated tank, Which seems kind of odd to me, when you think that that stuff has a boiling point of around -180c... I tryed the idea with the launch clamps, well the Redstone clamp I was and still am using dont see to have a pump in it so I tried adding a tt18 but the pump on that dont seem to be working ether, even when I have it truned on in the VAB.... been checking the configs to see if I can find the issues so far no luck

I'll look at rolling those into my changes, thanks Phredward!

Also, instead of adding more parts for multiple scales, wouldn't it be simpler to just add tweakscale to the part?

I just copied what I saw for the RO versions of the stock RCS thrusters. Having "standard, 1/2, 1/4" sizes for RCS thrusters sounds fine to me, if tweakscale will do it right. I also turned on physics for some of those parts. I'm not sure what implications that'll have, but it seems appropriate for them to have mass.

I don't know who decided to weld fins to the Saturn IB and V fuel tanks, but he needs to be slapped for that with a bottle of hydrazine. Those fins are completely nonfunctional that way, which affects the rockets' flight model quite a bit (read, breaks it). They were kept split off for a reason, and descriptions even refer to that! I don't know who did that, but it certainly wasn't a well thought-out decision.

Just to let you know, Saturn IB is broken because of that. It has a bunch of worthless welded (in the wrong place, no less) fins, and the separate one doesn't have any FAR data, either. This results in it having the COL somewhere around the interstage, while the COM is much, much lower. No prizes for guessing what this results in...

I don't know who's responsible for this ridiculous decision, but it needs to be fixed ASAP. I don't have time for this, but there was an older version of RO with a more sensible configuration. Could someone who still has this version try fixing that?

Moderators Note: Please find a better way to say this; harrassment of users isn't tolerated

Edited by Guest

Problem:

The landing gear, Infernal Robotics parts, and Engineering panel that I place inside the craft (between the parts like so) burn up on reentry.

soo2PYp.jpg

The parts that should protect them survive reentry, but the parts inside burn up. Also, the landing gear should have deadly reentry heating, yet they always blow up.

Soultion?:

Edited by JT2227

JT2227: due to how DRE works, clipped parts will not be shielded by the part they are clipped into. As to the gears not having a heatshield module, dunno. Post on the DRE thread about it?

Dragon01: to the extent I will respond to that (original) post, I want to point out that buried underneath everything else you have a legitimate point: winglets/wings/fins do need to be separate parts for FAR. That's not how you get anyone to make changes, however.

Dearest curators of the fine modification known as the Overhaul of Realism:

I have found your Saturn 1 Bravo and Victor combustion liquid containment vessels to be quite unusable. Whilst they are quite decorative, and provided many hours of shade while I sipped my tea and penned this post, they appear to be sub-optimal in flight. For you see, the fins are attached to the part quite rigidly making their use as control surfaces quite superfluous.

I would be ever so grateful to you and the kind makers of this grand modification of spaceworthy vessels if you could revert it to its previous form to suit the needs of one so humble as myself.

Signed with love,

Dragon01

Why good sir, it would be no problem at all! Should fortune favor me with spare time, I will attend to your concern with all due haste.

Yours in space,

Felger