[0.25] Realism Overhaul w/ RedAV8R [Terminated]

RedAV8R

Has anyone else had any problems from TAC Life Support (0.10.0.12) in RO?

I had another game not loadable so I got down to brass tacks and found the culprit. It was TAC-LS causing the problem... And it was only the latest version that did it. The last "test game" I did was a new game (career), played for about and hour doing odd missions, no crashes. Exit KSP (all the way to desktop) and then go back in and it would not load my save. Nor would it load a previous save (quicksave renamed to persistent).

Output logs showed a failure where TAC-LS was trying to delete Jedediah??? And he was supposed to still be alive. Anyway, taking out TAC-LS allows the test game to load and it allows my real playing save to load also. This was a few days ago. I just thought I'd mention it. I had been watching the TAC-LS thread and nothing seems to be posted there and if others were having issues with it, which I'd suspect they would be if they used it and the problem was rooted in TAC-LS alone, they would have said something by now.

I'm thinking it's just a combination of TAC-LS and some other mod that RO is using. It's be really nice to get this worked out because life support kind of is needed for realism.

@Bothersome:

Um, no. Sorry, I've experienced nothing of the sorts. Save game loading, reloading, etc. If you've seen nobody else having those issues either, what makes you think it's an interaction or TAC-LS itself and not just a problem unique to you due to something you've done?

Start a brand new fresh copy of KSP. Install RO and it's dependencies. Downloading newest and fresh version of everything. Install and test.

I did, I spent about 3 days installing and starting over. Been working fine since removal of TACLS. I forgot to mention I'm using 64 bit mode though. I know you guys will blame that for it. I just can't go back to 32 bit for one problem mod.

Well, as you say, maybe it is on my end somewhere if you guys have not run into the problem. Think is, it was working fine before the last TACLS build. And I hate to go back to the previous build because he did such a good job on the new way/rules.

@Bothersome: Well the way 64-bit is coded, any sort of things can happen, and people chasing their tails, when in fact nothing is wrong. I think Linux 64-bit is more stable than win/mac.

So a brand new install, with fresh newest downloads of RO and all dependencies plus TACLS is giving you an error...with OLD save??? Forget the OLD save. I've said this before and I'll say it again. New versions of mods can and will break saves. It happens, it's the unfortunate side-effect of progress.

IF you do the fresh everything. New career, do a mission or two. Then quit properly all the way out, then relaunch and load save and there are issues?

That is exactly what I'm saying. New install, new career game, play a little while then exit and go to bed. Then come back next day and can't load new career.

Right now I'm playing on a fairly newish career. Cause I've gotten so far in the tree I hate to start again. This particular save HAD the TACLS when it was started. But I'm not having any problems since removing TACLS, so I keep playing.

Well, this is strange. I had installed remote tech 2, and it removed the ability to launch from other launch sites.

So with yesterday's update, I decided to re-do a clean install of RO. I just finished re-installing everything starting from a clean build, and I also started a new save, but I don't see the other launch sites, nor the button to switch them.

Any idea what I messed up? :huh:

How about you contact those people in threads dedicated to RT2 and/or RSS (in which adds the multiple launch sites)?

One thing to note...since KSC moves in RSS...the original KSC antenna is still located at it's original position. You'll need to add the ground station for Cape Canaveral...or grab the settings file for RT2 in the 2nd post of RO.

Yeah, I know that... in fact, I did not install RT2 this time. It's a fresh, totally brand new install I just finished setting up like 20 minutes ago.

W/e, I can live with this. If I find out something I'll let you know.

Cheers!

I'm in a bit of a need for help. I'm trying to make a replica of the Soyuz but the 2nd stage fuel tank gets drained before the first stage (booster) via decouplers (all of them fail). I'm using procedural parts to make the fuel tanks in cone-mode. I see nothing red in debug cheat thingy and the white font worded words are cryptic to me. Also I'm running 64bit binary. That is all.

Bothersome: As RedAV8R said, KSP Win x64 is...an unstable mess. I would not put it past screwing that stuff up, although *usually* the problem is just ("just") frequent CTDs. Definitely sounds like an issue to talk to TaranisElsu about. You probably should follow the directions in this sticky, they will make support as fast and painless as possible.

RedAV8R: hate to tell you this, but the latest RO (since it includes the latest ModuleManager) *does* break the launch sites.

I need to publish a fix to RSS to comply with the fact that MM 2.3.3/4 now acts later in the load order. Note that this may well affect other mods too. If you want, you can just revert to MM 2.2.x for the releases until I have a chance to do so (pending checking in with regex).

Hello!

Does anybody know what may the reason for crash be after installing the mod and its dependencies from scratch?

It has a lot of mods as you guess so I can not manage to find the exact problem.

The log is just so huge that the forum can not manage to post it here so I have no idea what to do.

Thank you!

Edited by Kitspace

@Kitspace: As per the instruction in the OP, use a 3rd party hosting site for your log file.

Reality is if you follow the instructions, things will work. If you are using 64-bit, stop, use 32-bit. You've buggered some installation up somewhere, forgetting something, etc. RO and it's dependencies will work w/o crashing.

Upload the crash log to some file sharing website (like dropbox or mediafire) and post the link here so that RedAV8R can take a look at it. But while it's uploading, let's try to save everybody's time by making sure that your problem is not one of the simple ones. Hope Red doesn't mind.

1. Does your game literally crash, or does it just freeze during loading? If it crashes, move to question 2. If it freezes, let it run "freezed" for at least half an hour before giving up; Active Texture Manager and certain RSS configs can take a long time to load on first startup.

2. Do you have multiple part mods (like KW Rocketry, NovaPunch, B9 Aerospace) or visual enhancement packs (EVE, Better Atmospheres, Texture Replacer) installed? If yes, temporarily remove them from your game data folder and try launching the game without them. Also applies if you installed high resolution textures for the Real Solar System - remove them, install the low resolution versions instead and try launching the game with them.

Are you crashing or hanging on start-up?

No, just strange :)

I always compare cfg files before updating, and know, that it is very hard for modders to test all changes in-game.

Never seen something like that in configs before...

It's a wildcard.

Thanks, now I know ))

But, i.e. FASAApolloLFEJ2 has only one ModuleEngines.

So the reason is not clear for me ))

Is it just automatic copy/paste, or it has different purpose in that file?

Edited by MaxP

No, just strange :)

I always compare cfg files before updating, and know, that it is very hard for modders to test all changes in-game.

Never seen something like that in configs before...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219

Highly suggest you take a read of the first few posts and the wiki. Wealth of information. Including the fact that "*" is simply a wildcard as allowed by MM.

I'd just like to post a performance report that I thought was because of RO's complexity, or basically in order to play in best realism, you needed a ton of mods to get the simulation right. I had chosen not to install to many extras like Environmental Effects because I feared it would cause even more problems from loading down the system even more.

One of the side effects I was having was the problem of pulling up the right-mouse-button menu for parts on a ship. You know to activate it or whatever. I would sometimes have to try ten or more times to get that menu to finally pop up. I had found that if I did a "very fast" right click (touch it and get off it as fast as possible) it would come up a little more likely. Usually about once in three clicks. The bigger the craft, the more likely it wasn't going to pop up.

Well, after installing a few more mods like chatterer and Better Atmospheres (with required mods), I am happy to say that the right mouse button context menu pops up just about every time now and without having to click it very fast (like normal even!!).

Here is my list of currently running mods that I use for 64bit mode (only mode that will work with this much stuff) and all textures are the highest.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

[D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\MODS]

RealSolarSystem7.2

Advanced Jet Engines

DeadlyReentry

RealChute1.2

RealFuels

TweakScale

ProcFairings

RemoteTech

FinalFrontier

Interstellar

PorcParts

EngineIgnitor

StationScience

MechJeb2

FerramAerospaceResearch

NovaPunch

RealismOverhaul

KerbalJointReinforcement

Chatterer

BetterAtmospheres

screenshot15.jpg

Just thought I'd share this info so that in case anyone wanted to know a good combination of mods for RO.