How will 0.24 contracts work with FAR?

Tortoise

From what the devs have said, it's more about using certain parts in certain locations, so unless they ask for something really silly, I don't think FAR would interfere.

I don't think you should worry about anything, and I have no idea about FAR I have never once used it.
Then this post doesn't apply to you.

lol owned.

as to contracts, theres no way the window of success for a contract will be so small as to be affected by that.

I don't think it'll be a problem.

Missions most likely will be objective based - the way you achieve them will be up to you.

if we'll ever have a missions that specify the way you achieve them then FAR pilots still won't be as screwed as MechJeb addicts. Just imagine that: you used autopilot for months and suddenly game forces you to actually do something yourself. lol

Missions most likely will be objective based - the way you achieve them will be up to you.

if we'll ever have a missions that specify the way you achieve them then FAR pilots still won't be as screwed as MechJeb addicts. Just imagine that: you used autopilot for months and suddenly game forces you to actually do something yourself. lol

Ya, I think you are 100% WRONG in that assumption of us mechjeb users. Why? Because that mod is so widely popular if they <Squad> did something that went against MechJeb, the backlash would be stunning. In the same turn, IF they target mods, then Kerbal Operating System, Kerbal Engineer, and any other mod is just as VIABLE a target as any other. No, they may say you MUST do this, you MUST do that, and you MUST do it with the tech you have available to you, and that is it. BUT, considering that, 1. this game is super easy to "hack" enough science points into existence that, even if they TRY to limit mod users, they would fail, because a mod would shortly arrive to negate such a limitation. 2. it would be bloody STUPID to target a favorite mod of a significant portion of users.

Squad is not hateful towards mods as it would seem some are towards MechJeb. Which by the way, the hate towards MechJeb is frighteningly idiotic in my HONEST opinion. Using it is no different than using say KOS which, lets face it, if you have programming skills, can most likely be made to do the SAME BLOODY THING as MechJeb, w/out the NAME.

On FAR: Why (and how) would an aerodynamic mod change the way contracts work?

About the MechJeb discussion of the last few posts: how would contracts 'know' you're using mods anyway?

I think it's more likely that the "I WON KSP" contract will require you to do a tour de force of the solar system using only mechjeb.

mechjeb is integrated with science so you unlock parts of it with more advanced probes.

First it just give dV data, then you get the node creator followed by takeoff, landing and docking is late.

The lack of dV data is worse.

I would worry a lot more about how FAR will affect economy balance, because it could allow to launch missions for more than 1.5 cost less. Instead of making things impossible, it would make you swimming in money very fast. Most likely it won't scale well unless some tweaks are done (e.g. budget tweaking if using FAR).

Ya, I think you are 100% WRONG in that assumption of us mechjeb users. Why? Because that mod is so widely popular if they <squad> did something that went against MechJeb, the backlash would be stunning. In the same turn, IF they target mods, then Kerbal Operating System, Kerbal Engineer, and any other mod is just as VIABLE a target as any other. No, they may say you MUST do this, you MUST do that, and you MUST do it with the tech you have available to you, and that is it. BUT, considering that, 1. this game is super easy to "hack" enough science points into existence that, even if they TRY to limit mod users, they would fail, because a mod would shortly arrive to negate such a limitation. 2. it would be bloody STUPID to target a favorite mod of a significant portion of users.

Squad is not hateful towards mods as it would seem some are towards MechJeb. Which by the way, the hate towards MechJeb is frighteningly idiotic in my HONEST opinion. Using it is no different than using say KOS which, lets face it, if you have programming skills, can most likely be made to do the SAME BLOODY THING as MechJeb, w/out the NAME.

Wow... Rant from a furious MechJeb user in a full-defense mode. Now that's a thing.

Grow up, or something? And stop implying things I didn't say?

As for the only thing you mentioned that actually got anything to deal with the topic we discuss: You might be right that devs would be afraid of doing anything against MechJeb - but if so than they'd most likely be afraid of doing the same for FAR users, and this makes a whole topic rather pointless.</squad>

Edited by Sky_walker

Wow... Rant from a furious MechJeb user in a full-defense mode. Now that's a thing.

Grow up, or something? And stop implying things I didn't say?

As for the only thing you mentioned that actually got anything to deal with the topic we discuss: You might be right that devs would be afraid of doing anything against MechJeb - but if so than they'd most likely be afraid of doing the same for FAR users, and this makes a whole topic rather pointless.</squad>

No. He wasn't being defensive.

...won't be as screwed as MechJeb addicts. Just imagine that: you used autopilot for months and suddenly game forces you to actually do something yourself. lol ...

That right there is blatantly offensive. You basically said that using MJ means you have no skill or even right to play the game, because you aren't playing it "right." IMHO, that "rant" was completely justified over such an ignorant comment.

Back on topic, I doubt Contracts will railroad users into doing things that mods render impossible most of the time, and it will be a rare exception if it does. Especially considering contracts themselves are optional, AFAIK, then 0.24 doesn't run the risk of breaking anything.

No. He wasn't being defensive.

That right there is blatantly offensive. You basically said that using MJ means you have no skill or even right to play the game, because you aren't playing it "right." IMHO, that "rant" was completely justified over such an ignorant comment.

Back on topic, I doubt Contracts will railroad users into doing things that mods render impossible most of the time, and it will be a rare exception if it does. Especially considering contracts themselves are optional, AFAIK, then 0.24 doesn't run the risk of breaking anything.

He was talking about the MJ users that use it for everything. And the other guys rant wasn't justified. Squad can do anything they want to limit the use of some mods if they feel like. They are developing a game with a certain path and if some mods aren't useful after an update then that's just too bad.

no one is foreced to do anything. At least last time i checked no one was standing behind me while i was playing and told me i have to go to mun now.

Same with 0.23.5 . Your not forced to do anything with the asteroids. And same will be with contracts. If i dont like them i ignore them :)

He was talking about the MJ users that use it for everything. And the other guys rant wasn't justified. Squad can do anything they want to limit the use of some mods if they feel like. They are developing a game with a certain path and if some mods aren't useful after an update then that's just too bad.

Actually my "rant" was and IS justified by the virtue of the blind ignorant hate people dump on the mod. People like the guy I "ranted" at was blindly targeting the mod and insulting myself as well as other users of the mod. Fact is KOS can be made to BE MECHJEB without the name and he didnt dump on it. Fact is it is a VERY popular mod and if Squad targets MJ they MUST target ALL MODS period.

What you people conveniently ignore is that Squad wants and EXPECTS us to play the game how we want. You nor ANYONE has ANY RIGHT to judge me or anyone else for how we play the game. How does our use of ANY mod in PARTICULAR. Nor does ANYONE short of the DEVS have any right to dictate how we play.

There won't be any consideration for mods in the contracts. No limitations, changes to accommodate them, etc. Why would they care how anyone uses mods to get through career mode. There's no competition, no real money at stake or anything that would make them care if you HyperEdit, MechJeb, FAR, etc. yourself to a contract's completion.

There won't be any consideration for mods in the contracts. No limitations, changes to accommodate them, etc. Why would they care how anyone uses mods to get through career mode. There's no competition, no real money at stake or anything that would make them care if you HyperEdit, MechJeb, FAR, etc. yourself to a contract's completion.

Wait..

No leaderboards? No...competition? No money? No ticket? No more... trick cards or... magic balls or...

Oh, that’s not fair. I mean we evil magicians have to make a living, too

The mechjeb feels are strong in this thread.

My 2c - i wouldnt be overly bothered with people bagging a mod i use...nor do i care to hold or mention an opinion on what others do. Lifes too short.

On topic - I dont see FAR being a contract breaker.

Absolutely. Contracts in 0.24 are devised to work independently of mods. Sure, is possible to consider some mods (e.g. Real Solar System ?) could not be so easily played with the contracts as defined in the stock game, so also contracts will have to be modded in that universe. But to keep with this thread subject, FAR will be playable without too much impact.

I highly doubt that SQUAD has ever put in a new feature to KSP and considered how it will affect another mod because it simply is not there problem to worry about someones content that is not theirs. On that note Im sure that if contracts affect a mod like FAR Ferram will quickly fix it in about a week just for you :).

I highly doubt that SQUAD has ever put in a new feature to KSP and considered how it will affect another mod because it simply is not there problem to worry about someones content that is not theirs. On that note Im sure that if contracts affect a mod like FAR Ferram will quickly fix it in about a week just for you :).

So is Squad like Godzilla and the modding community New York?