Devnote Tuesdays: The First Contract Edition

SQUAD

The OMS used on the Space Shuttle is actually a bipropellant (uses LF/O) and in real life was also used to bring the space shuttle’s periapsis above the atmosphere. I think this should allow players to build space shuttles more easily.

The OMS used on the Space Shuttle is actually a bipropellant (uses LF/O) and in real life was also used to bring the space shuttle’s periapsis above the atmosphere. I think this should allow players to build space shuttles more easily.

*random chatter in the background*

Seriously guys... didn't you tell him? *sigh*

*walks forward staring at the floor*

Those are just "code names", if we may call them like that. One is like RCS that works with LF/OX, and the other one is a monoprop engine.

*runs away rapidly*

Would love to see Scott Manley, yeah would watch that 24/7 :)

Could we also have a development show, where you guys show some of the new stuff, like you had that in the past, pleaseeeeee?

Thanks for the suggestion, but Scott's got a huge audience of his own. We're very interested in streamers with enough experience where we could grow together :) As for a development show, I don't think you're going to be seeing that at this point, but we are exchanging ideas on how to get the whole team more active on KSP-TV. Maybe not daily or weekly, but certainly more frequently than now. I hope something can work out. Stay tuned!

I think we'd love an hour or two a month for team streaming. Even if it's on friday downtime where the team (development or as a whole) discuss issues they come against in the industry.

Just a suggestion :-)

<p><span><strong id="docs-internal-guid-a0188fc3-f45e-1ec5-e2e6-9539fb98dcb2"><span>Felipe (HarvesteR)</span><span>:</span></strong> EDITOR’S NOTE - He’s been busy in the development cave after taking note of the testing feedback. We hope to have comment on him later on.<br/></span></p>

Is he out of the cave yet? Will he emerge before next week's tealeaves update?

Is he out of the cave yet? Will he emerge before next week's tealeaves update?

Nah, probably sulking because of mexico's loss at the cup, and is modelling (out of frustration) a magic boulder-ish moonlet with a cheese like appearance named "Gaal", orbiting Pol (like dr. Jan), to remind the dutch that we are just cheese-heads lucky enough to have one good player, who coincidentally happens to remind me of a kerbal: not mother's prettiest, little to no hair, and goes fast as hell.

Edited by MennoLente

Will all the easter eggs be visible again after this update many are below ground

There is no reason to think they'll change that, but no reason not to. They shouldn't really put time into fixing stuff like that until the final passes on the game, but someone in their spare time could have updated them.

There is no reason to think they'll change that, but no reason not to. They shouldn't really put time into fixing stuff like that until the final passes on the game, but someone in their spare time could have updated them.

*cough* Magic Boulder *cough*

Nah, probably sulking because of mexico's loss at the cup, and is modelling (out of frustration) a magic boulder-ish moonlet with a cheese like appearance named "Gaal", orbiting Pol (like dr. Jan), to remind the dutch that we are just cheese-heads lucky enough to have one good player, who coincidentally happens to remind me of a kerbal: not mother's prettiest, little to no hair, and goes fast as hell.

What above RVP and the other world class players?

Offtopic xD

Thanks for the suggestion, but Scott's got a huge audience of his own. We're very interested in streamers with enough experience where we could grow together :) As for a development show, I don't think you're going to be seeing that at this point, but we are exchanging ideas on how to get the whole team more active on KSP-TV. Maybe not daily or weekly, but certainly more frequently than now. I hope something can work out. Stay tuned!

It's so simple.. Just record something of a "normal" workday. How thinks work on a normal basis. Just some boring programming stuff. I bet you, people will watch. Cause THAT is development. It's real. Pure. Don't even try. Just do. If you try to much, you are showing something that is not real at all. What you guys always do. Everything is secret. Everything is for bitten. Everything HAS to be perfect, tested until a perfect standard. And when it comes out, it's kind of bad. Disappointing. Still full with bugs. Or something like it. You manually build the hype up way, way to much. Programming isn't glamour. Most of the time it's boring. Show that. Bug fixing and everything. There are enough nerds around who wants to see it, AND maybe you learn some people it isn't always that much fun/exiting or whatever. Win, win I would say..

Edited by JSD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.