[0.24.2] Kerbal Universe 2 [V 2.5]

Poryy

What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?

• Additions to existing systems (specify in reply)
    • New star with planets (specify in reply)
    • New gas giant orbiting Kerbol (Specify in reply)
    • More moons for current Kerbol planets (Specify in reply)
    • Science Messages and aesthetic changes

Kerbal Universe 2 is a mod that adds a lot of happy, fun planets to KSP. Getting to these planets should be a challenge to even veteran players!

Thank you for making a mod spotlight, PTTGRW!

(Subscribe to this guy and spam him with likes!)

Screenshots

FvzxpJW.png

vHBiquX.png

XzKbt1P.png

D7vRSqc.png

zpT46Be.png

PYZVORZ.png

Vovacat17's Verviedi landing!

2i9tlp1.jpg

Cloud Mod Support!

0IwfbwZ.jpg

Beautiful, Beautiful Verviedi now has clouds.

Planet List:

Contained in "Abaddon" folder-

Abaddon - A hot, bright star nearing the end of it's life.

Fierbinte - A once habitable world destroyed by Abaddon's first phase of stellar expansion. It is now a radioactive cinder.

Verviedi - A dead world with an oxygen atmosphere and high radiation. Verviedi is the site of the ancient Verviedyn civilization, which was destroyed by a massive nuclear war.

Diamas - Verviedi's first moon and a captured comet. Briefly, it contained interplanetary missile silos before their destruction.

Phobius - Verviedi's second moon. It was once home to a scientific colony of Verviedyns, but was razed by interplanetary missiles.

Cyssor - A large, purple gas giant. Contains high quantities of Iodine.

Ceti - The first moon of Cyssor. Has a large, world-spanning ocean.

Corvus - The second moon of Cyssor. Very rocky. This moon may have been a base for Verviedyn naval vessels, but records are spotty.

Evon - A purple moon. It may have absorbed compounds from Cyssor in the distant past.

Talon - Another rocky moon of Cyssor. Nothing special.

Folion - An oxygen-atmosphered gas giant.

Contained in the "Manai" folder - (Planets created by Sylandro)

Manai - The second companion star of Kerbol to be discovered, and it has stirred up a huge controversy shortly after, how is Kerbol getting all of these companions, anyway?

Egar - The innermost planet of the star Manai's planetary system. To make it simple, it's a scorched wreck, but how did Egar get it's name? A kerbal scientist snuck into Jeb, Bill and Bob Kerman's room and found that Bob Kerman was sleeptalking.

Tyvor -A formidable world, with seismic activity and majestic sulfur dioxide plumes. Having a barbeque here is one of Jebediah Kerman's various desires.

Brachios -This place is relatively dangerous, obviously and prominently. So, yeah. Oh, and did i mention that this place is dangerous?

Jamona -A dark gas giant rich in history. So rich, in fact, that it is several times denser than Jool.

Skrii - A yellow world named for the Kerbal god of Procrastination,

Riard - A light-colored, rocky and cratery body.

Tintai - A planet with a large amount of craters. How is that even possible, anyway? There is more crater than moon!

Pershina -A blue gas giant. Appears to have a mild cognitohazardous effect that makes subjects not want to write about it. Meh.

Pershimu - Another dark, rich planet. Thought to be discovered by Jeff Kerman, but a filled out order form in orbit of it has raised controversy.

Contained in the "Kerbol Expansion" folder-

Verion - Verion is the result of a long and frantic search for a second gas giant.

Blalo - A near perfect twin of Kerbin.

Troon -A very rocky, gray moon. The cracks spreading across it's surface have an unknown origin.

Fantoma - A strange, recently discovered moon of Verion. When flyby 1 passed it, it's Giant Carnivorous Space Sponge detector went crazy.

Kethos - The largest moon of Verion. And very yellow.

Camna - Camna is known for it's low gravity and light-colored surface. Excellent dining, horrible neighborhood, bad humor.

Folion - Folion is a small Oxygen armosphered gas giant with three moons.

Foem- A flat, rocky moon with bright blue patches.

Athao- A high gravity, no atmosphere body with rough, sharp terrain. VERY hard to land on.

Hephus- A flat, brown, speckled planet.

Cleathea - A turquiose giant with one moon.

Ostarth- An icy moon with pockets of Methane under the surface. These pockets often explode, creating huge craters.

Kydros - The third-to-last frontier. An icy planet twice as far from Kerbol as Eeloo.

Download:

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/222534-kerbal-universe-2-0-24

Just drag and drop into KSP folder.

Contents:

2 star systems far from Kerbol, and three new gas giants in the Kerbol system.

License:

GPL-3.0

(http://opensource.org/licenses/GPL-3.0)

Same as PlanetFactory CE.

Excessively Asked Questions (EAQ)

Does this mod work with FAR or NEAR?:

It depends on which planet packs you are using. Please notify me immediately if this mod breaks anything else.

Is it possible to have the other stars not orbit Kerbol?:

No. KSP is coded with Kerbol as the center of the universe. I am waiting on StarSystems to implement planet making to include this feature.

Are the planets really that close together?:

No. My pictures seem to fail to address this.

My game crashed, what do I do?:

Install Active Texture Management. If this doesn't work, ask me again. This is normally PFCE's fault.

How far away are the star systems? Are they even reachable by stock parts launched from Kerbin?

They are extremely far away. (5 times, give or take, Eeloo's orbit). And yes, they are! Stick a tiny probe on a massive rocket and burn away!

All the stars are in equatorial orbits, so I recommend assembling ships in orbit of Jool.

Something something KSP interstellar:

Go for it. This mod gives KSPI a purpose!

Something something resource mods:

Yes, resources will spawn on these planets. Hopefully.

Edited by Poryy

It's been fun.

Now I have a license. Download pulled due to Dropbox not liking my file.

I would appreciate somebody making a promotional video (I suck.) of this mod when I restore the DL. I would also appreciate some feedback.

Edited by Poryy

So wait. How far away are the star systems? Are they even reachable by stock parts launched from Kerbin?

Yes, they are. If you use one launch, attach a small probe to a BFR (Big Rocket), intercepting Abaddon or Manai, using Cyssor or Verviedi as an aerobrake, and flying from there with your remaining fuel. The method I recommend for return missions is building things in orbit around Jool. It's a very hard thing to do. It is intended to simulate going to Alpha Centauri in real life.

Yes, they are. If you use one launch, attach a small probe to a BFR (Big Rocket), intercepting Abaddon or Manai, using Cyssor or Verviedi as an aerobrake, and flying from there with your remaining fuel. The method I recommend for return missions is building things in orbit around Jool. It's a very hard thing to do. It is intended to simulate going to Alpha Centauri in real life.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll just get interstellar. :P this could be a legit use for the plugin. (Since interplanetary is easily accomplished with stock parts)

Still no download link....

The link is up, great!

As soon as I get back home this weekend I'm going to check this mod out. It looks fantastic!

Edited by Larrt_M

Lol I don't have a potato, just run 30 mods give or take. Wonderin if this would lower my frame rate even more. (6-7 on kerbin)

If you're getting 6-7 frames on Kerbin, you're probably running very memory intensive mods. Try loading it with just Verion, to minimize lag and crashing. In my testing, the only thing that really damages FPS is when you enter Abaddon SOI for the first time due to all those textures loading.

If you're getting 6-7 frames on Kerbin, you're probably running very memory intensive mods. Try loading it with just Verion, to minimize lag and crashing. In my testing, the only thing that really damages FPS is when you enter Abaddon SOI for the first time due to all those textures loading.

Yes I use EVE so yeah lol. I do use ATM though. Only basic however, that may have to change soon. Ill ad this to a different copy of KSP and see how it works out.

Also, I second a mapview screenshot so we can see how far away they are

Off Topic: Enders you can also try forcing OpenGL rendering. I'm running 127 folders worth of mods and run at 2.1 gigs using OpenGL. Game crashes out of memory if I use DirectX.

On topic: Poryy this requires PlanetFactoryCE correct? I missed it in the instructions if it does and I had to find the download link elsewhere.

Off Topic: Enders you can also try forcing OpenGL rendering. I'm running 127 folders worth of mods and run at 2.1 gigs using OpenGL. Game crashes out of memory if I use DirectX.

On topic: Poryy this requires PlanetFactoryCE correct? I missed it in the instructions if it does and I had to find the download link elsewhere.

It does require PFCE.

Looks pretty good. I'm holding off on checking out some of these planet packs until the official 64-bit comes out. :)

0.24 is going to be hell to update the mod to.