[0.24.2] Kerbal Universe 2 [V 2.5]

Poryy

What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?

• Additions to existing systems (specify in reply)
    • New star with planets (specify in reply)
    • New gas giant orbiting Kerbol (Specify in reply)
    • More moons for current Kerbol planets (Specify in reply)
    • Science Messages and aesthetic changes

(Suggestion) I really like this mod and I like to visit different places in it, so I want to take a small part in its development. I've recently done a nice map for the new oxygen-atmosphere moon of Cleathe (It needs one). If you don't like the idea of adding moons to this planet, you can add it as separate planet for the existing star systems... There's map and heightmap inside, use the map as colourmap too, and the normal map can be flat (If you need it, I can make one). Here's the archive: https://yadi.sk/d/8pTEF1nSaKStK

P.S. My mission to Kydros is starting today. I will not upload this much screenshots, but the important moments will be uploaded!

Seems like a nice little planet. I'll toy with it.

I like the mod, but you should really do the following:

1. Make that Laythe-based ice giant based off Jool instead and much smaller (You can adjust a jool-based planet's radius, no one seems to get that), I hate it right now..

2. Add KittopiaTech stuff (Starfix, rings, etc.)

3. Make science results for all the planets/moons

4. Make a link for the clouds (I can't find them)

I like the mod, but you should really do the following:

1. Make that Laythe-based ice giant based off Jool instead and much smaller (You can adjust a jool-based planet's radius, no one seems to get that), I hate it right now..

Ugly green haze is ugly.

2. Add KittopiaTech stuff (Starfix, rings, etc.)

KittopiaTech doesn't like this mod.

3. Make science results for all the planets/moons

Sure, if people give me some logs they want put in, which they won't do.

4. Make a link for the clouds (I can't find them)

They're included in the mod. You need EVE installed.

My text in bold.

Remember, you've challenged me to go to Kydros with Kerbals aboard? Today I've finally decieded to do this. I came up with cool ship design, I've installed the last B9 pack (but the actual ship has no HX parts). I've launched a ship into orbit, escaped, intercepted Kydros, decoupled the lander, went sub-orbital, and then... What the heck? The actual ground was about 50km below the sea level. When I passed the sea level, my controls and camera went mad, so I couldn't land (I loaded the quicksave). I think it's a problem with the height map. Fix it, please, because I am looking forward to explore Kydros! Till then, Bob Kerman is staying in orbit. Don't make him wait!:mad:

P.S. I think it would be a good idea to build a starship based on new B9 parts and send it somewhere...​

Remember, you've challenged me to go to Kydros with Kerbals aboard? Today I've finally decieded to do this. I came up with cool ship design, I've installed the last B9 pack (but the actual ship has no HX parts). I've launched a ship into orbit, escaped, intercepted Kydros, decoupled the lander, went sub-orbital, and then... What the heck? The actual ground was about 50km below the sea level. When I passed the sea level, my controls and camera went mad, so I couldn't land (I loaded the quicksave). I think it's a problem with the height map. Fix it, please, because I am looking forward to explore Kydros! Till then, Bob Kerman is staying in orbit. Don't make him wait!:mad:

P.S. I think it would be a good idea to build a starship based on new B9 parts and send it somewhere...​

Mother [bLEEP]

I knew the surface was glitchy, but rly PFCE?

Update inbound.

Just a warning, make sure you're in high orbit. What I will do to the planet WILL destroy everything you have on the surface.

Edited by sal_vager

Mother. ****er.

I knew the surface was glitchy, but rly PFCE?

Update inbound.

Just a warning, make sure you're in high orbit. What I will do to the planet WILL destroy everything you have on the surface.

Thats what KSP does when you get below sea level. There is a PFDebug pqs that will color all ground below sea level as red so you can find if you have any problems.

Hey man, I could use some help installing this, starting with how to install Planet Factory CE? I checked their forum thread and it only has the source, do I have to put your files IN the source and then compile, or compile then put yours...? I don't know =/

First off your downloading the wrong thing, you need to download the PlanetFactory CE plugin, i've highlighted where the link is on their forums in the image below.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/x4necm.jpg

After you've done that, open the rar file and extract the "PlanetFactory" folder located inside, into your KSP GameData folder. Once thats done open the same "PlanetFactory" folder you've just placed into GameData and navigated to PlanetFactory\PluginData\PlanetFactory and delete everything inside.

Then simply download this mod and drop its GameData folder into your KSP main directory. :)

Edited by Luscion

Everything will be fine, the project will continue. I will never forget about KSP, I am already planning a new mission (because the one to Kydros cannot be continued). I think the Verviedi's moon is a fine idea. I still don't know which one is better.

P.S. Do you have 64bit Windows installed? My small laptop, wich I used for all the missions you've seen is running on 64-bit one. The game is lagy and low-fps, but it runs. I've tryed to run a game on my decktop computer, it's much more powerful. But I didn't realise it runs 32-bit so KSP runs out of memory every time I try to load it. Any suggestions?

Everything will be fine, the project will continue. I will never forget about KSP, I am already planning a new mission (because the one to Kydros cannot be continued). I think the Verviedi's moon is a fine idea. I still don't know which one is better.

P.S. Do you have 64bit Windows installed? My small laptop, wich I used for all the missions you've seen is running on 64-bit one. The game is lagy and low-fps, but it runs. I've tryed to run a game on my decktop computer, it's much more powerful. But I didn't realise it runs 32-bit so KSP runs out of memory every time I try to load it. Any suggestions?

I would try active texture management, if that fails the only other option would be to eliminate mods until you can fit in the RAM window.

In regards to the two new stars added. I can't test it out right now, but based on the video in the OP they orbit Kerbol, is that correct? Is there any way to have them free floating in space or is that a limitation to the way that KSP is designed?

I would try active texture management, if that fails the only other option would be to eliminate mods until you can fit in the RAM window.

In regards to the two new stars added. I can't test it out right now, but based on the video in the OP they orbit Kerbol, is that correct? Is there any way to have them free floating in space or is that a limitation to the way that KSP is designed?

No. KSP has Kerbol as a universal reference point. Just imagine that Kerbol is a part of a triple system.

Well, I've tried the Active texture manager, it didn't load the game at all.

P.S. I promise you, I'll deal a new mission with screenoshotos this weekend, even if i'll have to play a glitchy KSP on my laptop. So stop writing how many people aren't responding and get yourself to fix Kydros! Sorry, had no time earlier.