I Landed On An SLS Engine

WpOjNm9.png

I was trying out direct injection (the old noob 'point at Mun and burn like crazy' method) as an experiment, and while it didn't work quite as well as I had hoped, I still had lots of fuel left, so I decided to try this. Even more cool: I did this whole mission without any quickloads. Alger Kerman is one happy guy, and I'll be sending him a buggy soon.

Why am I sending him a buggy? Well, I'm not sure how I'm going to get back without a separate rescue mission yet. Eh, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. :)

Alternatively, you could decouple the two lower stages and see if the lander can right itself by extending its own legs. The idea of using the legs to prop up the vehicle while the SLS fires seems really cool but there's a good chance you'll break off the legs and crash. :D

Alternatively, you could decouple the two lower stages and see if the lander can right itself by extending its own legs. The idea of using the legs to prop up the vehicle while the SLS fires seems really cool but there's a good chance you'll break off the legs and crash. :D

Only if you don't take off fast enough. I think you've got the TWR.

Worst comes to worst, quicksave before you do it.

Only if you don't take off fast enough. I think you've got the TWR.

Worst comes to worst, quicksave before you do it.

The easiest thing to do would be to decouple the SLS and lower the landing gear. Because of the way your craft is designed, the engine will be resting up on an incline and simply throttling up and pitching up at the same time should lift you off the ground.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.