random characteristics of the planets

Newcomer gamer, who begin play KSP often go internet to find out information about the game, in particular on the planet. Its like small cheats))

For example here is written about the planet EVE http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Eve Can see density, surface gravity, Atmosphere(Oxygen) present and atmospheric pressure, and many other features.

I suggest to add more randomness. So interesting to play. For example you the unknown beforehand what awaits you on the planet, and it gradually learn. Necessary to fly to the planet's orbit, in order to understand what was on the characteristics... It's space, its endless exploration))

When creating the game in career mode, randomly given characteristics planet. Well, just let them be the same as now, but with a few changes. And with each new game in a career chosen other unique technical features.

for example

Density 85 220.698 kg/m3

Atmospheric Pressure 506.625 kPa

This won't happen. The "random system" has been proposed many times, and I believe that it's on the "What not to suggest list" (WNTS).

The Dev's have stated that they want all players to have the same experience on the same planets.

Also, welcome to the forums. I'd strongly suggest you read the forum rules and familiarize yourself with the WNTS before posting future suggestions. The mods can hand out reprimands for posts like this.

This won't happen. The "random system" has been proposed many times, and I believe that it's on the "What not to suggest list" (WNTS).

The Dev's have stated that they want all players to have the same experience on the same planets.

Also, welcome to the forums. I'd strongly suggest you read the forum rules and familiarize yourself with the WNTS before posting future suggestions. The mods can hand out reprimands for posts like this.

in thread "Already Suggested List" and "What not to suggest?" nothing is said about it

in thread "Already Suggested List" and "What not to suggest?" nothing is said about it

Which is why I said "I believe" it's in those, and really, it should be since they have locked down threads on it before. The already suggested also says that it's incomplete, so that's probably where this one falls.

Regardless, it's already been stated that it's not going to happen, and squad actually gave a rational reason for it.

Since I like making elaborate predictions or whatever, this is how I think Discovery would work:

- All current planets would stay the way they are

- But wait! There's a Gas Planet 2!

- It has randomly generated moons orbiting it, which are named like asteroids, you can assign them better names

- In the Tracking Station, you can see the unknown moons orbiting gas planets two and three. Depending on how big they are and how far away they are, you can either see a little icon, a grey fuzzy moon with no texture, or a moon with low-resolution textures

- Putting telescopes in orbit and viewing the moon will give you science and a better view of the object!

- Exploring the object close-up will make it high-resolution like the existing planets.

I love elaborate predictions.

GP2 has been "in the works" for some versions. I think it was put on hold to finish up Contracts and expand upon the content already available.

Harv (and other team members) have previously said that they want the solar system to be the same for everyone. So everyone can have similar experiences with KSP, and it is a strong common point of the community. It's unlikely randomised planets will ever be implemented, for this reason.

We do have random asteroids though, so I suppose random "minor moons" around a gas giant could exist (the main moons like the ones we have now would still be the same for everybody, I mean like ARM asteroids but in an orbit around Jool/GP2 instead of around the Sun).

We do have random asteroids though, so I suppose random "minor moons" around a gas giant could exist (the main moons like the ones we have now would still be the same for everybody, I mean like ARM asteroids but in an orbit around Jool/GP2 instead of around the Sun).
Yeah, I can conceivably see ARM asteroids' spawn code eventually have them spawn around other planets as well as just near Kerbin.

Well, first off, this mod.

But yeah, I think it would make more sense to spawn asteroids as trojans and centaurs would make more sense than putting them in orbit around the Jool and any other giant's that show up later. Oh sweet Newton's ghost I hope we get GP2...

GP2 has been "in the works" for some versions. I think it was put on hold to finish up Contracts and expand upon the content already available.

It was NovaSilisko who was doing a lot of the work on new planets. I'd imagine it's been stalled since he left. On the plus side, he did release it as a mod.

CJnbBt6.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.