[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

This is exactly what I was looking for in a weapons mod: mouse aim! Great job on the mod so far, I hope you continue with it.

Another thing to think about is incorporating how the Skillful Weapons mod increases the physics load distance so you can engage targets from up to 100km away.

probably stupid question... but sometimes when I put the guns and amo on a craft they work, and sometimes they don't. Does the ammo have to be in a certain place? (like.. do they have to be cross feed connected or fuel line connected to the gun?

or do the guns have to be connected in a certain place? I can activate them, but sometimes they won't fire.

also, is there some trick to the auto targeting?

I went with the M1 Abrams cannon first since I need to do more coding for a railgun.

blenderman, I've seen this problem too. I'll try to fix it, but for now, try to put the ammo either on the same stack or on a parent part of the part that the gun is attached to.

blenderman, I've seen this problem too. I'll try to fix it, but for now, try to put the ammo either on the same stack or on a parent part of the part that the gun is attached to.

No problem! Great Mod. I did put the ammo right on the base of the guns and it seems to help.

One other question... how did you get the plane to take off and fly... then switch to the gun emplacement to shoot it down in the air? I tried and the game won't let me switch to the gun craft while the plane is moving in the air on on the ground.

what is the secret?

It would be cool to use this with multiplayer, but since it will be a while till that happens, an auto pilot that flies a craft around randomly would be a fun target to shoot at.

While working the missile system, I could see why Romfarer increased the physics range in his lazor system. 2.5km is not far at all for missiles. I might have to add that too.

I don't really know why I'm making this since all you can do is shoot unavoiding targets or clear space debris. Its fun? I guess?

Maybe work on some kOS script to make the plane move away from your prograde vector?, that way whenever you face him, it will try to move away.

I have no idea if that's even possible, and that would be a really simple "avoiding" target ^^

Really nice weapons. On the topic of missiles and the 2.5 km range: I have very little knowledge of the inner workings of KSP, but one neat solution would be to give multiple ships there own 2.5 km physics range whilst staying in control of the original vessel (i.e. the rocket you fire from your plane has it's own physics radius, in addition to the original ship). That would be really nice for the upcoming 0.24 update as well, for recovering boosters and the like. Just an idea, might be out of the scope of this particular project though.

Hey, this may be a stupid question, or even asked already but could you feasibly make it so that the asteroids could be destroyed, Screw redirect, lets hit them with heavy mass cannons :)

Hey, this may be a stupid question, or even asked already but could you feasibly make it so that the asteroids could be destroyed, Screw redirect, lets hit them with heavy mass cannons :)

"Noble 6! Get on that MAC Cannon!"

BahamutoD:

Love the mod--and it looks like it works with 64-bit KSP 0.24, which is awesome. However, I have a request/question--is there any way to remap the mouse control to other axis? I use a joystick and would love to remap the aiming commands to the joystick's hat.

Considering that video wasnt about the 20mm M61 youre right... those were 30mm GAU-8 rounds from A-10's striking the tank.

Seeing as the movie that that clip is from is called "Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag" and was shown on IMAX theaters at the Virginia Air and Space Museum in the mid 2000s.

In this video, this is what a REAL GAU-8 sounds like and what it really looks like. No pretty sparks, just dust, fire and death.

I grew up on USAF bases, I knew hog drivers and still know them. I have seen first hand, during my time in Afghanistan what an A-10 gun run looks and sounds like. And I can tell you that you sir are misinformed.

Seeing as the movie that that clip is from is called "Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag" and was shown on IMAX theaters at the Virginia Air and Space Museum in the mid 2000s.

*snip*

In this video, this is what a REAL GAU-8 sounds like and what it really looks like. No pretty sparks, just dust, fire and death.

*snip*

I grew up on USAF bases, I knew hog drivers and still know them. I have seen first hand, during my time in Afghanistan what an A-10 gun run looks and sounds like. And I can tell you that you sir are misinformed.

Love the A-10 :) Brbtbrtbrtbrbtrbtrbtrbtbrtbrbtrbtrbtbrtbrrbrtbrt

And I can tell you sir... that by your tone, you are a jerk. *thumbs up* It was a dramatization of GAU-8 rounds hitting the target.

Edited by Avalon304