[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I think what he means is he wants a an Abrams body for the Abrams turret. Not sure where they M1A2 came in though. It's an M1A1 turret. I guess he got the 2 tanks confused.

I didn't look close, when I check the main page I simply recognized the shape and assumed it was the later model with all the extra optics and goodies. M1A1 or A2 I still want the main body for the sucker. To the person who inevitably is going to say, make it with parts, my computer can barely handle 80 parts. The fewer the parts I have to deal with the better. Plus it looks more genuine.

That tank cannon is crazy awesome... and hilarious when mounted on top of a plane...

Would it be possible to include the ability on parts like the .50 cal and 20mm Vulcan to lock the pitch/yaw of the turret to keep them facing straight ahead while still being able to fire them?

Edited by Avalon304

That tank cannon is crazy awesome... and hilarious when mounted on top of a plane...

Would it be possible to include the ability on parts like the .50 cal and 20mm Vulcan to lock the pitch/yaw of the turret to keep them facing straight ahead while still being able to fire them?

A fixed, faired gatling is planned. It'd be great for plane use, the current Vulcan is good for VADS/CIWS and not much else because it's so unaerodynamic.

A fixed, faired gatling is planned. It'd be great for plane use, the current Vulcan is good for VADS/CIWS and not much else because it's so unaerodynamic.

Im aware of that, but the fixed/faired version is the GAU-8 Avenger. That thing is huge. What I'm looking for is the ability to lock the pitch/yaw on the current 20mm Vulcan (and it would be a nice thing to have on the .50 cals as well) to mount them on a chopper (similar to, but not exactly like the MH-6 Littlebird).

Also... speaking of MH-6 Littlebirds... rocket pods would be pretty swag...

The MH-3 would use something much smaller, though. Probably the Minigun. It'd be great to have some smaller/more aerodynamic weapons, for helos, fighters and such. Besides AIM-120, the other weapons look like something for bombers and ground vehicles.

Having more space-based weapons would be cool.

Doesn't even have to be 'complicated' stuff like missiles...rail cannons and/or beefier lasers would be neat. Nuclear warheads and maybe a MIRV system would be fun too. Using FASA's "dummy" warheads just isn't the same as traipsing around with a space station loaded down with nuclear death.

Having more space-based weapons would be cool.

Doesn't even have to be 'complicated' stuff like missiles...rail cannons and/or beefier lasers would be neat. Nuclear warheads and maybe a MIRV system would be fun too. Using FASA's "dummy" warheads just isn't the same as traipsing around with a space station loaded down with nuclear death.

Lazor System used to have bombs which you could put in a fairing to act as a warhead. For some reason they were removed though.

Lazor System used to have bombs which you could put in a fairing to act as a warhead. For some reason they were removed though.

There's a couple mods for .20-.22 that include bombs, but they seem to make the game a bit unstable.

The MH-3 would use something much smaller, though. Probably the Minigun. It'd be great to have some smaller/more aerodynamic weapons, for helos, fighters and such. Besides AIM-120, the other weapons look like something for bombers and ground vehicles.

The actual MH-6 does in fact use smaller miniguns if it mounts them, which is why, in my post I said: "similar to, but not exactly like".

Yeah, I like it! I'm gonna put it on the OP as the video demonstration.

It looks like I should reduce the particle count on the aim-120 explosions. I think that's whats causing the lag.

Edit: Unless.. you had a whole bunch of missiles hiding in the reaper??

What is this parameter responsible for:

onlyFireInRange=1/0

Since i can shoot beyond the gun range[2000m or 2500m] then what's its point?

This refers to the range of motion. If you're trying to aim at something thats 50 degrees to the right, but the gun can only rotate 40 degrees to the right, it wont shoot. I put the option there in preparation for fixed guns, where the target will almost always be outside the gun's field of view.

Edited by BahamutoD

Thanks BahamutoD.

Could you release a craft file for that all in one tank please? It is absolutely brilliant!

You can find a craft file in my thread. It's just a modified mako, I removed the original turrent tower and placed the wepons from this mod on top of it. I'm sure you can recreate it.

Edit:

Yeah, I like it! I'm gonna put it on the OP as the video demonstration.

It looks like I should reduce the particle count on the aim-120 explosions. I think that's whats causing the lag.

Edit: Unless.. you had a whole bunch of missiles hiding in the reaper??

Nope, no hidden stuff. The Reaper is made of about 650 parts. This probably causes the lag, and when it gets hit the fps really fall. In reality it is much worser, strong stuttering. Only the video editing made it look smoother.

Some other thing, I noticed:

In the part cfg of the .50 cal is no option to change the bullet color. I copied the code from the gatling and changed it to green, it worked. So maybe you can put it in the .50 cal cfg for the next release.

And some more suggestions (also added some things the people in this thread asked for):

- The Abrams cannon could have a slightly higher fire rate. And maybe add an ammo box for shells.

- A cannon without the whole abrams body. And smaller, faster firing versions for aircrafts.

- Missiles for ground vehicles. The available missile is really only for aircrafts. Launching them on the ground often causes chaos, if not done right. ;)

- fixed guns

- Bombs

- Blasters/Lasers :)

- And like I mentioned before, a crosshair (toggleable).

I don't want to ask too much from you. This are just some wishes for the furute. Take your time with modding.

Also I would gladly help you beta test your mods.

Edited by Space Scumbag

Update - Some fixes and improvements to missiles

v0.3.1

-fixed missile guidance

----missile no longer drops after certain distance

----missile guidance works (kinda) in orbit

-missile specs now configurable

-improved missile contrail

-added missile exhaust

Yeah, I shall put it on my todo list.

I played around with the missiles a bit. Turns out it takes a well timed >6g turn to dodge it.

Eb1cO8S.png

I'm also working on a part that will manage your multiple missiles and bombs. With one button/action group you can cycle between the different types of munitions on your craft, and with another button, fire one of the type you selected.

This also means you will be able to rapid fire many missiles/bombs/rockets by spamming a single key, rather than having a different action group for each item.

Edited by BahamutoD

Before I texture it, what do you guys think of this for the fixed GAU-8? My idea is that you can clip that back area into a plane or vehicle if you only want the tip sticking out.

qlcFSSY.png

Reference:

7640840316_cbed96d7d7_z.jpg

Edited by BahamutoD