[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Yeah I plan on Hydra 70 pods, unguided of course.

I'm not sure about a gun sight though, since it would depend on how you mount the gun.

Btw, anyone have a suggestion for another camera angle?

I'm not sure about a gun sight though, since it would depend on how you mount the gun.

Does the missile cam also work for bombs? If not thats an idea.

I would just put a simple "laser" pointer on the gun barrel. It would just place a dot where the bullets should go with in say 500m of the craft.

Nothing special for that, just a camera with a much finer field of view that places is mounted on the gun. So that way no matter where you mount the gun it will "zero" the gun site for that location.

As someone else also said on the YouTube comments for your preview video, it would be great if the missile cam could linger for a couple of seconds after impact so you could see the explosion and result of the impact.

You could center the angle from the center of the guns and on the 120mm you could use a sight similar to the real one though the idea of using the "laser" pointer would be a good thing to use in general.

You those are just for unguided dumb rockets right?

Won't work for missiles like the AIM-120 AMRAAM which is almost 4 times the width of the rockets that fit in those tubes. If you want to put missiles in bunches you should just mount them on racks like most air forces do. As seen in this album.

http://imgur.com/a/7k1ck

Note that I have bombs mounted 3 to a rack on that and 2 missiles on each of the outer racks.

Yes they may be unguided but I said rockets /missiles.but for example the rocket pod from skillful is lock on/guided and I said we could have a choice of both

I had suggested a while ago on InfiniteDice's Skillful mod that a 'lead-computing gunsight' would be a VERY good idea'. The beauty is, real-world planes have this! :) Again, I'm no coder, but I envision 2 modes (well, 3 if you include 'off', lol) : If the gun is armed but no target is selected, an 'aiming point' or reticle of some kind appears in your HUD or out in the world if this works like your bomb-director thing, which is really cool btw! Anyway, this aiming point is depicting where your bullets will strike if the gun is fired. Obviously the gun has to be pointed at an object for this to have any meaning, if you're pointed at the sky, the reticle would just show the boresight axis of the barrel, or not show at all, up to you. That's mode 1. Mode 2 is for when one has a target selected. You still have your aim point, where the bullets will strike, but now there's an additional targeting reticle, showing where you need to place your aiming point in order to strike the target. For the GAU-8, all you need to do is maneuver your plane so that the aim point coincides with the target point, and let 'er rip! :D Which of course isn't nearly as easy as it sounds, lol. However, this would also work for the Vulcan 20mm gun and the M1A1 turret, too. The only difference is that you're aiming with your mouse cursor instead of steering your entire vehicle.

In my opinion, if such an aiming system as described above could be implemented with this mod, it would be just really awesome. :) Again, don't know if it can be done easily or at all, I'm just putting the idea out there for BahamutoD to ponder.

Either way, I still look forward to the ongoing development of this most excellent mod. Later everyone! :D

You those are just for unguided dumb rockets right?

Won't work for missiles like the AIM-120 AMRAAM which is almost 4 times the width of the rockets that fit in those tubes. If you want to put missiles in bunches you should just mount them on racks like most air forces do. As seen in this album.

http://imgur.com/a/7k1ck

Note that I have bombs mounted 3 to a rack on that and 2 missiles on each of the outer racks.

seriously, what is that cockpit and what mod?

OK for some reason one of my posts didnt work so ill say it again

Add a ciws (any kind) and m230 chain gun

http://www.navlog.org/searam_1.jpg

And

http://media.defenceindustrydaily.com/images/ORD_Phalanx_CIWS_Firing_lg.jpg

M230

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/Apache_Gun_(M230_Chain_Gun).jpg

Edited by killerofal

Do YOU know what the mod for the cockpit on that jet aircraft gallery last page was????

Now that we have tweakscale and all this procedural stuff, building gigantic capital ships is no longer fantasy. I already have the TMP Enterprise waiting to be finished, 305 meters long.

Idea for the future: subsystem targetting. Very nice for future multiplayer combat beyond visual range. What you see in Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica with the big battles happening on your screen, in reality they would be firing from huge distances. So a small window with the most important parts like batteries, engines, weapons and such. Otherwise everything will be homing in on the root part or command pod. I can imagine a play style where capturing a ship is more interesting than obliterating it.

I was looking for a nice video of Klingon Academy for a demo, but these players never target a subsystem, so it seems.

So, I was going through the configs for a bit, and I saw that the bombs can be guided too.

This is interesting! GBU-12 Paveway II, anyone?

But I was wondering, do the bombs have any power to alter their flight path on their own, or would I need to give them just the tiniest amount of thrust to achieve that?

I'm guessing they need thrust to alter their path, but who knows, right?

So, I was going through the configs for a bit, and I saw that the bombs can be guided too.

This is interesting! GBU-12 Paveway II, anyone?

But I was wondering, do the bombs have any power to alter their flight path on their own, or would I need to give them just the tiniest amount of thrust to achieve that?

I'm guessing they need thrust to alter their path, but who knows, right?

You shouldn't need to add thrust, most guided bombs use aerodynamics and their fins to guide them to the target.

Would getting science from killing enemy-team vechicles be an option when Multiplayer comes out? This would make it possible to unlock advanced weapons through the tech tree. If Multiplayer gets added, an option to only see/fight with players around your tech-tree level would prevent pros from camping newbies. Different spawns (still at the equator) for teams would also be cool.

by the way: Can you consider adding a lead marker for advanced guns? It could be a dot with a line leading to a vechicle showign the whereabouts of where you should click. That way it wouldn't take the skill away but should make it easier to hit fast targets. It could be toggleable and take a bunch of electric charge for balancing purposes.

Would getting science from killing enemy-team vechicles be an option when Multiplayer comes out? This would make it possible to unlock advanced weapons through the tech tree. If Multiplayer gets added, an option to only see/fight with players around your tech-tree level would prevent pros from camping newbies. Different spawns (still at the equator) for teams would also be cool.

by the way: Can you consider adding a lead marker for advanced guns? It could be a dot with a line leading to a vechicle showign the whereabouts of where you should click. That way it wouldn't take the skill away but should make it easier to hit fast targets. It could be toggleable and take a bunch of electric charge for balancing purposes.

What would the science description look like?

"That explosion had a lot of shiny bits! They probably used metal in building that... Whatever it was."

Hey guys would you mind answering two questions for me?

1. What is your KSP version?

2. Are your KSP the retail or steam variant?

I'm trying to get this mod to work and have to see if my game is the problem.

1- .24.2

2- Steam.

You shouldn't need to add thrust, most guided bombs use aerodynamics and their fins to guide them to the target.

But the missiles in game use vectored thrust to guide themselves onto the target. Making a single part with the correct aerodynamics might be impractical.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys would you mind answering two questions for me?

1. What is your KSP version?

2. Are your KSP the retail or steam variant?

I'm trying to get this mod to work and have to see if my game is the problem.

1. .24.2

2. Retail