[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

that plane with the tank turrets on the wings... Holy Kerman!!! What was Jebediah smoking that day?

hey ya can't fix crazy .....because it's already perfect. :cool:

Dear, Bahamuto is there a possibility of rocket pods? because my helicopter would sure love some for rocket runs on enemy tanks.

Oops didn't read the to-do list properly, sorry.

fda550f015.jpg

Edited by Davryder
Consolidated consecutive replies by the same poster

I've been having an issue with this mod and some others where certain parts are missing from the game. In the case of this mod, the 20mm and 30mm ammo boxes are missing, but the 50cal box is present. These 3 parts are all under one folder, so I think that must have something to do with it. I'm running KSP 0.24.2 with mod version 0.41, and I've tried reinstalling both the mid and KSP a couple times.

I already posted about this in the general mod support thread (here), and they suggested I try here. Output logs are here. Thanks in advance.

On a mildly unrelated note, nice work. This is by far the best weapon mod I've seen for KSP. Hopefully I can get it working!

Edited by CWRules

CWRules, its because you installed it incorrectly. The BDArmory folder in the zip file should go directly into the GameData folder. According to the log, you put the parts, plugins, sounds etc folder into GameData, but the whole folder itself should be there.

y8gOxH6.png

The weapons manager is attached... the cameras are now working. However, the bomb aimer still won't come up no matter what I do.

For the bomb aimer to show, you need to have a bomb selected with the weapon manager, have a vertical speed less than +5m/s (basically either fly straight or go into a dive) and have an altitude greater than 200m.

Edited by BahamutoD

I have a very very basic MLRS Its very ugly looking but thanks to IR I at lest have a platform that can lift up and down to fire eight missiles. someone in the VAB musta upset Jeb as he turned and opened fire on the building three times now. Its not like the MLRS in shape, nore looks but it is tracked, fires multiply rockets/missiles off a platform on the back that is tilted backwards to fire.

Will update pics here soonâ„¢

BahamutoD, I was messing around with a mobile launcher and then got to thinking about maybe a 1.25 sized or the .6(something) sized warheads. Kinda like how I think it is FASA and there dummy nuclear warheads, and the MIRV computer. How hard, and would you be interested in making both a guided and unguided forms of warheads, and a separate guidance piece? "You know the tip of the bomb. The thing that finds, uh, New York or Washington, you know?" said with very strong Russian accent.

Edited by Damaske
forgot vital part of quote!

I've noticed the bomb aimer doesn't like to show up on craft with multiple stages until all stages have been fired. Also, if I release my bombs from any altitude when the aimer says 'bombs away', they end up about a kilometer short. I start dropping bombs after the aimer has completely passed over the target. So if you have an ejection system, it had better not be on a bomber, or you'll need to get really good at eyeballing-it.

In other news, I rolled out zekes' P1000 Ratte today, dropped some bombs on it. Structural panels are really tough. Like, really tough. Bombs tend to fling your target ridiculous distances, though seeing a 1000+ part tank sail through the air with all the grace of a ballerina is just amazing.

I have a question, would it be possible to add some kind of armor? I have noticed the simple 50 cal that comes with the mod can pretty much tear through anything if you have enough ammo, let alone the mini gun or GAU. I dont imagine it would be that hard, just take the already existing panels in the game and increase the crash tolerance and weight. I know you want to keep the mod simple, but this kind of addition would make war games and such more interesting and not as easy. Otherwise I really enjoy the mod and keep up the good work.

I have a question, would it be possible to add some kind of armor? I have noticed the simple 50 cal that comes with the mod can pretty much tear through anything if you have enough ammo, let alone the mini gun or GAU. I dont imagine it would be that hard, just take the already existing panels in the game and increase the crash tolerance and weight. I know you want to keep the mod simple, but this kind of addition would make war games and such more interesting and not as easy. Otherwise I really enjoy the mod and keep up the good work.

it would be a lot simpler and easier to reduce the chance of breaking any part of the bullets :P

The abrahms gun is insane - I made a tank that had several plated thick of armor, plus beams across the front of said armor (think of the track links you see on the front of Pz4's and Tigers). One shot, it completely disintegrates.

Okay, i screwed up somewhere. none of the guns work properly, they all refuse to fire regardless of the button i bind to the fire key in the Alt-B menu... the weapon manager works correctly, and i can lock and fire all the missiles... but the guns just dont work.. what did i do?

Okay, i screwed up somewhere. none of the guns work properly, they all refuse to fire regardless of the button i bind to the fire key in the Alt-B menu... the weapon manager works correctly, and i can lock and fire all the missiles... but the guns just dont work.. what did i do?
Did you put ammo on the craft? I made that mistake as well

I found that tweaking down the velocities and masses of the guns in the CFG reduced the disintegrating I have been experiencing from using them.... We need armor that is specifically designed to resist these rounds, they are kind of OP. however, still a great mod, great competition for ID's Skillful!