[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Too bad there is no use for weapon mods until multiplayer will be made. I wish you could also provide us with some military missions in career mode, that would be awesome. I'm surprised why nobody thought about it before.

Anyway, nice mod ;)

I wish you could also provide us with some military missions in career mode, that would be awesome.

This. So much this. Not sure it is something baha would do, but there are a couple of extra mission mods.

are the particle emitters required on the fireTransform and muzzleTransforms?

Edit: i see they are.

are the pitch, yaw, slide transforms required?

Edit: yes they are

Edited by nli2work

The slide thing isn't required, I was just using it for the animation.

Particle emitter is only required on muzzle transform. I'll probably change this.

Hydran, the thing with rail guns is they have incredible range, which can't really be used in KSP..

This. So much this. Not sure it is something baha would do, but there are a couple of extra mission mods.

Maybe guy from Fine Print could make separate military mission pack (simple target destruction on ground and orbit)

Can somebody tell me how to use the Gau? when I press my mousebutton it doesn't work.

Is it activated? Got ammo?

I've never been able to get the Mk82 bomb aimer to show up. Camera tools is enabled in the cfg and i press Toggle Bomb aimer and nothing happens :mad::confused:

Could there be a conflict with another mod? maybe lazor system?

Weapon Manager

http://i.imgur.com/D54mpRE.jpg

It may be a bug for crafts with multiple stages. It will be fixed in 0.5.0.

Also, the aimer should be on on default; hitting the toggle key will turn it off.

Finally, the aimer only appears if you are above around 200m I think.

Try it on a single stage craft to see if it works at all.

Edited by BahamutoD

I know your a busy guy, but can you have a pull up menu that you can select the ship you want to target? I've found that the map "set as target" function does not zoom in close enough and its sometimes a clickfest and hope you have the right craft you want to hit.

Also another question for hitting multiple craft based off the above. Once a missile is fired Can you change targets and fire another IE Fire and forget, or do you have to keep the target as if it was laser painted? I've been playing around with an A-10 craft that I've made and was thinking of making some target tanks in a convoy and try a rp in my twitch stream were KSC was under attack. And something Like that would be kicking.

Also does this have support for the "burn together" mod where all craft will fire there missiles, guns, bombs at the same time IF they are linked together?

Particle emitter is only required on muzzle transform. I'll probably change this.

good to know. the emitter on fireTransform requires a dummy texture or the part won't load, at least exporting from Unity 4.2.2 + Parttools 0.23. I put together a quick test using the transforms from the 50cal sample project on a different model last night, and the gun was shooting sideways, in the X direction, for some reason. no matter which way I rotated the transform in Unity, or changed the emitter's force direction, it's the same in KSP.

Very nice plugin.

I know your a busy guy, but can you have a pull up menu that you can select the ship you want to target? I've found that the map "set as target" function does not zoom in close enough and its sometimes a clickfest and hope you have the right craft you want to hit.

Also another question for hitting multiple craft based off the above. Once a missile is fired Can you change targets and fire another IE Fire and forget, or do you have to keep the target as if it was laser painted? I've been playing around with an A-10 craft that I've made and was thinking of making some target tanks in a convoy and try a rp in my twitch stream were KSC was under attack. And something Like that would be kicking.

Also does this have support for the "burn together" mod where all craft will fire there missiles, guns, bombs at the same time IF they are linked together?

I'm trying to avoid having pop-up menus, but I do want to figure a way to select targets easier. I just don't want to have a cluttered screen like what you see with Lazor or Mechjeb screenshots.

Currently, all missiles are fire and forget.

Yes, everything should work with Burn Together.

good to know. the emitter on fireTransform requires a dummy texture or the part won't load, at least exporting from Unity 4.2.2 + Parttools 0.23. I put together a quick test using the transforms from the 50cal sample project on a different model last night, and the gun was shooting sideways, in the X direction, for some reason. no matter which way I rotated the transform in Unity, or changed the emitter's force direction, it's the same in KSP.

Very nice plugin.

If you mean the bullets fire to the side, bullets don't use particle emitters. The plugin just finds all ''fireTransform''s and fires a game object in that transform's forward Z direction. Like I said before, the fireTransform shouldn't have a particle emitter.

Edited by BahamutoD

Mhmm, Good point with the popup worry, I was thinking something small with only the following buttons " next target" "previous target" And maybe a "fire" Could be relatively small and hot keyed to be hidden or maybe add them into the right click, action group settings of the weapons manager.

As for the FaF missiles and burn together grouping that is good to hear, Might attempt a flying formation bomb run and experiments.

Edit: Or have the menu linked into blizzy's toolbar so it can be open or closes easily.

Hydran, the thing with rail guns is they have incredible range, which can't really be used in KSP..

Well, why not make the range to the maximum and hope for the best...?

So Bahamuto, is there any work on trying to get this working with DMP?

Not yet since I don't think DMP is fluid enough for combat.

Too bad there is no use for weapon mods until multiplayer will be made. I wish you could also provide us with some military missions in career mode, that would be awesome. I'm surprised why nobody thought about it before.

Anyway, nice mod ;)

This would actually be pretty cool, but I foresee it being a big challenge to make, so maybe not for a while (at least from me).

edit: Here's some new stuff:

Tx8YOWm.png

Hidden Vulcan, AC-130's Howitzer, Maverick, Sidewinder, countermeasure pod.

Edited by BahamutoD

*snip*

edit: Here's some new stuff:

*Oh look a pictchar*

Hidden Vulcan, AC-130's Howitzer, Maverick, Sidewinder, countermeasure pod.

Jeb on a bike, man! Dat howitzer! And more MSSLZ!! <3

And earlier you said railguns didn't have great use because of their intended range, to which I would like to point out you would make my kitten cry if you drop the idea of the railguns. You wouldn't want sad kitties now would you? :'C Plus, I have many a time wanted to point-blank some of the more inept test subjects with a railgun. I mean, the craft crashing had everything to do with them and not me, right? :D

Space to ground? I mean it sounds kind of fun to fire a bullet BVR (target with a tank/kerbal fire from space to target) though perhaps that would be too powerful and definitely difficult to code for.

Edited by King_komodo93

Space to ground? I mean it sounds kind of fun to fire a bullet BVR (target with a tank/kerbal fire from space to target) though perhaps that would be too powerful and definitely difficult to code for.

Doesn't work. Ships unload after 2.5 kilometres.

TT Never Unload would make them able to be used at incredible range.

Shouldn't work. The bullet would probably unload after 2.5 kilometres.

Edited by Melfice