[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Yeah, but he said it was just a little prototype he created while he was playing around in the unity editor.

I doubt that he even compiled it. I've made hundreds of such prototypes without compiling them. You can quickly get lost in such editors and it's so much fun.

Where can i get that game?
Yeah, but he said it was just a little prototype he created while he was playing around in the unity editor.

I doubt that he even compiled it. I've made hundreds of such prototypes without compiling them. You can quickly get lost in such editors and it's so much fun.

Actually, it is in fact playable. I was testing it out with a friend yesterday. I'll probably make a thread in the off-topic forum later.

BahamutoD,

Did I ever send you the AIM-9X file that I worked out from a few weeks if not a month or so ago?

Hmm, maybe not? I'm uploading the update later today though so you can see if what I did is fine.

Hey, BahamutoD, could you make a plugin, which explodes fuel tank if it is destroyed? I think, it will add realism to KSP and a new way to make bombs.

I was thinking about that, maybe eventually.

Is there a chance that in-line ammo storage units will appear? It would help building FAR compatible autocanon-armed fighters

Yeah, I still need to make better ammo containers for everything so I'll keep that in mind.

InfiniteDice's Skillful mod has component damage, however the bullets tend to miss because they are mesh-based and because you need to apply the Skillful module to stock parts manually. It would be relatively easy I assume to add that on a small scale as a concept, then build on it. However, I want that 105mm! AC130 anyone? :)

Edited by ryanedward
spelling error

I lied, I uploaded it now.

Update

v0.5.0

- Added Weapon Manager "Arming" feature

- Added target locking feature

- Added Countermeasure Flares

- Added AGM-65 Maverick

- Added AIM-9 Sidewinder

- Added M102 Howitzer (AC-130 style)

- Added Fixed Hidden Vulcan

- Added RocketLauncher PartModule

- Added Hydra-70 Rocket Pod

- Added chance for explosions to destroy parts (not just push them)

- Changed bullet shader to additive particle (not blocky anymore)

- Fixed weaponManager inactive if on later stage

- Many minor tweaks

Important.

New Weapon Manager features:

-You can now "Arm" the weapon manager. This will allow you to fire missiles/bombs/rockets with your primary firing key. You must hold it down for at least half a second to fire the weapon (this means that you can still click stuff without accidently firing stuff). Guns and turrets are not yet added to the weapon manager.

-While the weapon manager is armed, you will automatically lock onto targets that you are pointing your vessel at. It is a quick way to acquire targets without having to click on anything.

Also,

I set the default physics range extension to 5km. It seemed pretty stable, but let me know if you guys find any problems.

It can still be changed in settings.cfg or in the LeftALT-B menu in-flight.

I disabled camera tools because they were buggy and I don't want to focus on it right now.

poSsnk3.png

Edited by BahamutoD

Does somebody knows, how to increase physics loading distance?

I added a note to my previous post.

InfiniteDice's Skillful mod has component damage, however the bullets tend to miss because they are mesh-based and because you need to apply the Skillful module to stock parts manually. It would b relatively easy I assume to add that on a small scale as a concept, then build on it. However, I want that 105mm! AC130 anyone? :)

It's.. really hard to hit stuff with the AC-130 cannon while flying. It's one of the reasons I was reluctant/delaying putting it in the update. Well, enjoy anyways lol.

Edited by BahamutoD

Oh do not worry my friend, the AC130 cannon is not only needed for planes, I also wanted to build fixed-gun tank destroyers, and also have more guns to mess with in the CFG. Great update!

EDIT: Some of my experimentations following the 0.5 update:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

As you can see, the explosion radius/power on the 105mm is just a teensy weensy bit OP. Just sayin'.

Edited by ryanedward

It's probably just me, but the free-fall bombs tend to fall short from where the bomb aiming reticule indicates they will probably fall.

EDIT: Also, the rocket pod doesn't animate?

Edited by Melfice

BahamutoD, Can you make it so you can ripple fire with left click, like B1Rs with AMRAAM. This is a possible sequence ss meaning a missile has fired

hold half second ss 10th second ss 10th second ss 10th second ss 10th second ss

Idea for a part that I'm surprised I forgot to mention before, also surprised no one else seems to have, but some 3x1 16" battleship cannons would be awesome. Also if you could give the bottom of the Abrams turret an attachment point (as well the battleship guns if you add them) it would really make adding them to most craft much easier. But great mod so far and getting better with each update.