[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Would it be possible to add howitzers to the weapons manager? So that you could have a battery of them and either use the weapons manager to fire them one after the other to get around the long reload time or click to fire a volley.

Hey guys. Sorry about being inactive here. I've been taking a break from modding to work on that game I started earlier, and to actually be able to play KSP. I haven't played much since 0.24 came out. I'll take time to answer questions and comments soon, but until then, enjoy this album! I know some people like overkill...

Javascript is disabled. View full album

GFY fail

Edited by BahamutoD

Hey guys. Sorry about being inactive here. I've been taking a break from modding to work on that game I started earlier, and to actually be able to play KSP. I haven't played much since 0.24 came out. I'll take time to answer questions and comments soon, but until then, enjoy this album! I know some people like overkill...

(snip)

Mother of God. How does that thing even fly?

Overkill is only subjective to the number of targets and since there only seemed to be 1 yes that was a little bit of overkill. Also you "inspired me to try that with my, mostly, stock KSP build (Spaceplane + is the only other mod I have).

Here we go the fruits of my labor 608 hydras, 56 Mk. 82's, and 30 Maverick's (if it shows up in my first try)

http://imgur.com/a/VpCEz#0

Only 2 shots because while flying it before it didn't turn too well.

Edited by King_komodo93

So is the current focus modern weaponry and later it will shift to more railgun and laser esque weapons?

Also if we have a weapon mod we need an armor mod to go with it! Anyone Volunteer?

As this guy said, pretty much, he's on the case.

You can achieve a similar effect with the armor plates I've already got going, or even the stock panels.

And yes, once I've got actual textures for the armor parts (even if I give up and just go with slate grey (worked for the Germans, right?)) I'll put the parts up as a DropBox link.

Small Update

v0.5.1

- changed bullet trail type to LineRenderer so it will always be visible

- changed flare particle to local space

- Packaged BDAnimationModules.dll

The first point is actually kinda important. Before, quite often bullets/tracers would be invisible if there are too many particles or objects on the screen.

What are the permissions like for modifying the code? If it's allowed I would like to request a Skillfull compatibility fork for this mod. Just a damage system swap to let these beautiful parts be used alongside Skillful's armor

I put it under the CC-BY-SA license, so I guess you just have to give me credit. I'm kinda a noob at the whole programming thing so I don't know how forks work. Shoot me a PM.

I have just downloaded the mod, but the turrets and cannons don't work, however, the missiles are all in working order, is this a known bug? Or just a corrupted download?

This is usually caused by improper installation. Just put the BDArmory folder in the GameData folder.

This is absolutely awesome. The weapon mod we've been waiting for since C7's planes first flew. I have one question. How do I turn down the volume of the damned guns? My heart can't take another jump scare from my Vulcans.

The guns volume is tied to the "Ship volume" slider in the game settings, but it doesn't scale correctly. I'll try to get it to work properly.

So whats next? We got bombs, a good variety of missiles, plenty of guns, A howitzer and a tank gun, I suppose we need more bombs.

For now, I'll probably just work on polishing certain things and adding some features like target leading, aimers, integrating turrets to the weapon manager, AI, etc.

Edited by BahamutoD

Is it possible to get some mouse aim on the rocket pod? It could use the same system as the Vulcan/.50cal Turret being similar mass. Trying to aim it with robotics parts is pretty slow and inaccurate. It does look good fitted to a mech though, great mod.

Is it possible to get some mouse aim on the rocket pod? It could use the same system as the Vulcan/.50cal Turret being similar mass. Trying to aim it with robotics parts is pretty slow and inaccurate. It does look good fitted to a mech though, great mod.

The rocket pods are meant to be unguided, just like its real-life inspiration.

http://youtu.be/Iy5ZUz_EGW4

That was quite impressive!

Sumghai, I think he just meant to have the rocket pod on a swiveling turret. It may be possible down the road. The plugin doesn't support it currently.

Sumghai, I think he just meant to have the rocket pod on a swiveling turret. It may be possible down the road. The plugin doesn't support it currently.

Okies. I don't mind a turntable that tracks the aimpoint, but once the munitions leave the tube they should not receive further guidance.

After i downloaded the 5.0 update, i made some vehicle to blow up with the new AGMs and the new bombsight.

The turreted Tank Destroyer TD-9 was inspired by ryanedward's post on the Howitzer.

-snip-

That is beautiful. Although it remind me of the FV215b183mm "Death Star" of world of tanks.... *shiver* that thing has ruined many potentially good games... #datheshshell

Small Update

For now, I'll probably just work on polishing certain things and adding some features like target leading, aimers, integrating turrets to the weapon manager, AI, etc.

Oh.My.God.Can't.Wait. (Sorry about the double post, do not know how to add a quote to an already existing post. My apologies.)

Well by AI, I just mean simple stuff like ground units that can shoot back.

You can see a couple things that will be coming in this GFY:

http://gfycat.com/BronzeDefenselessBelugawhale

I've done aiming cursors and an aim assist system. With aim assist (toggle-able), turrets will automatically adjust to compensate for gravity and relative velocity. It is extremely helpful! Just point and shoot.

As you can see, with the preexisting auto-lock system, it properly leads moving targets.

Well by AI, I just mean simple stuff like ground units that can shoot back.

You can see a couple things that will be coming in this GFY:

http://gfycat.com/BronzeDefenselessBelugawhale

I've done aiming cursors and an aim assist system. With aim assist (toggle-able), turrets will automatically adjust to compensate for gravity and relative velocity. It is extremely helpful! Just point and shoot.

As you can see, with the preexisting auto-lock system, it properly leads moving targets.

This mod is fantastic

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Finally, after a month long holiday from trying to make a ME Mako (.50 cal turret not going on the Abrams turret), Jeb is back!

And with him, he has brought the Blueprints for the

FLYING BOMBER TANK!!!(Snip)

Maybe you should try making the Soviet version.

If I could have 1 weapon right now it would be....

A warhead bomb that can be strapped to a player built Balistic/ cruise missile.

Would probably only need to be a cone with the bomb code attached.

I could do that eventually, but if you don't want to wait, make a copy of one of the nose cones you already have, and just copy the "MissileLauncher" node from the bomb config into it.

BTW I made a short video to give you an idea of what you will be able to do in 0.5.2.

OK, I've got an idea. Radar systems. :) Namely, to fire some missiles (like AMRAAM), you'd need a radar nosecone/blister on your plane. Also, an AI SAM/AAG system would require another, different-looking radar to work. There could be also a HARM missile, which would automatically home in on an active air defense radar when launched.