[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I'm having a problem; I can't select the turrents when I place them on my crafts.... I can pick them up and stuff but connect them to action groups. I have KAX, Firespitter, SpacePlane Plus, MechJeb and active texture management, if that helps. Any suggestion on how to fix it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/tseter/Changedweapons_zps3f12cdce.gif

Here is a quick pic of the changes I have done so far.

• Mark 91 250 pound General purpose unguided bomb:
    • Half as powerful as the normal stats 3/4 the size of normal.

[*]Mark 92 500 pound General purpose unguided bomb:

• 100% normal weapon

[*]Mark 93 1000 pound General purpose unguided bomb:

• Twice as powerful as the normal stats all around one and half larger than the normal.

[*]75mm Howitzer:

• Half as powerful as the normal stats 3/4 the size of normal.
    • 18 rounds per minute.
    • 28 ammo
    • 6 power
    • 28 radius

[*]105mm Howitzer:

• 100% normal stats

[*]155mm Howitzer:

• Twice as powerful as the normal stats all around one and half larger than the normal.
    • 7.5 rounds per minute.
    • 16 ammo
    • 14 power
    • 60 radius

[*]AGM-114 Hellfire Missile:

• 100% normal stats

[*]M31 Guided Unitary MLRS:

• Twice as powerful and one and three quarters the normal size.
    • High thrust for boost phase but short duration, low thrust long duration cruise phase.

Is the a download to them, id love to have more options

I think i have some problems with your mod, whenever i destroy a capsule/pod/anything that can contain kerbals, my User Interface goes full potato because when i click with my mouse anywhere on the screen, it will flash briefly and in the debug menu, 2 lines stuffed with "ArgumentException" errors will pop up. Also sometimes i'm unable to revert flight/return to the space center, because some random NullReferenceError will also appear. Do you know if this is linked to your mod? because this was the first thing i noticed when installing it (I had fresh installed the game, with no other mods)

Edited by Jeb_Pls

Not sure if suggested/planned, but a mouse-guided missile would be awesome :D And so it won't try to fly to laythe form a kerbin orbit, make it have a 5km or so "barrier" from your ship, so that it works like an invisible glass wall around you if you understand me :)

I'm having a problem; I can't select the turrents when I place them on my crafts.... I can pick them up and stuff but connect them to action groups. I have KAX, Firespitter, SpacePlane Plus, MechJeb and active texture management, if that helps. Any suggestion on how to fix it?

Make sure you installed it correctly.

Is there any way to make it so that the kerbals can carry guns, that'd pretty sick

I'm not sure what you would do with kerbals that had guns..

Not sure if suggested/planned, but a mouse-guided missile would be awesome :D And so it won't try to fly to laythe form a kerbin orbit, make it have a 5km or so "barrier" from your ship, so that it works like an invisible glass wall around you if you understand me :)

Maybe!

I made some more progress.

Guard mode works on turrets, added some warning sounds, and guards can attempt to shoot down missiles (kinda hard to see in the video). Lasers are much much more effective than the vulcan at this.

The trajectory prediction system I used for the gun/rocket aimers simulates the trajectory of the projectile all the way to its target.

I applied the system to the bombs, taking into account atmospheric drag, velocity, and gravity at each simulated point, and now the bomb prediction is extremely accurate. It only works in stock aerodynamics for now.. I need to figure out how to get drag values from FAR.

Here's a screenshot of the system with the whole trajectory line being rendered. In the release, the prediction lines will be off, but you can turn it on if you want. (The bomb dropped after this screenshot was a direct hit)

8c9UyET.png

The trajectory prediction system I used for the gun/rocket aimers simulates the trajectory of the projectile all the way to its target.

I applied the system to the bombs, taking into account atmospheric drag, velocity, and gravity at each simulated point, and now the bomb prediction is extremely accurate. It only works in stock aerodynamics for now.. I need to figure out how to get drag values from FAR.

Here's a screenshot of the system with the whole trajectory line being rendered. In the release, the prediction lines will be off, but you can turn it on if you want. (The bomb dropped after this screenshot was a direct hit)

http://i.imgur.com/8c9UyET.png

Omg you just thinke about everything, AND I LIKE IT

http://i.imgur.com/8c9UyET.png

Could you just release what you've done so far as 0.5.15 because 0.5.2 seems to simply be taking forever.

*Note" This is only made in jest, take the time you need to to make the next update just as good as the rest.

I have always had a dislike for weapons mod, as KSP is about creating and not destroying, but this one is done very well and without too much hassle surrounding it. There are a few minor quibbles, such as guns shooting even when clicking inside menus or the interface and flares causing a bit of lag, but I think those can be easily ironed out.

Edited by Camacha

There are a few minor quibbles, such as guns shooting even when clicking inside menus or the interface and flares causing a bit of lag, but I think those can be easily ironed out.

To "fix" that, turn off the gun whenever you intend to click any buttons.

I was wondering why those rockets had a short range, but they just ran into the physics limit and disappeared :P Guess I need to follow them with the camera.

To "fix" that, turn off the gun whenever you intend to click any buttons.

That is less than optimal when clicking the context menu's of different guns. If you have three and you right click > activate turret on the first, all is well. If you try to do the same for the second, you shoot the first. The same goes for turning on brakes and stuff like that.

You can work around it, but it is less than optimal. Just a small thing.

I was wondering why those rockets had a short range, but they just ran into the physics limit and disappeared :P Guess I need to follow them with the camera.

That is less than optimal when clicking the context menu's of different guns. If you have three and you right click > activate turret on the first, all is well. If you try to do the same for the second, you shoot the first. The same goes for turning on brakes and stuff like that.

You can work around it, but it is less than optimal. Just a small thing.

Use action groups for the guns.

Use action groups for the guns.

Don't worry, I can think of workarounds ;) However, it remains less than optimal. Action Groups are a limited resource. Working around problems should not be the goal.

Edited by Camacha

Make sure you installed it correctly.

I'm not sure what you would do with kerbals that had guns..

Maybe!

I made some more progress.

Guard mode works on turrets, added some warning sounds, and guards can attempt to shoot down missiles (kinda hard to see in the video). Lasers are much much more effective than the vulcan at this.

Holy Cahooly that is amazing, when will it be ready to be released.

Don't worry, I can think of workarounds ;) However, it remains less than optimal. Action Groups are a limited resource. Working around problems should not be the goal.

In the next version, you'll be also be able to switch to guns with the weapon manager, but you're right, I need to find out how to make it not register fire commands when clicking on gui elements..

A larger laser weapon for a Low Orbit Ion Cannon please?

It would have to be extremely low orbit.. You can't actually affect things on the ground from orbit.